Summer Internationals 2018.

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Re: Summer Internationals 2018.

Post by TerenureJim »

Red card on France harsh when contrasted with no action last week, surely also yellow or red for Sam Cane when he touches Para in the air after a kick, so hard to play against NZ when you have the IRB giving them every close call.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Current law is dangerously wrong. Whoever jumps higher and more aggressively is the party defended by law. This is true even when they jump over a stationary player to get the ball ( which didn't happen here).

Given the fall and the onus it's not entirely unjust. But given what NZ got away with last week and the fact that Fall was clearly in a position to make a catch and attemting to play the ball do raise questions, legitimate ones.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

I'm not arguing it's not a red, under the letter of the law it is but I've seen those given as yellow or even penos, but contrasting with last week rankles. I wouldn't be shocked if blue and black were reversed this morning it might not have been a red.....
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

ronk wrote:Current law is dangerously wrong. Whoever jumps higher and more aggressively is the party defended by law. This is true even when they jump over a stationary player to get the ball ( which didn't happen here).
Yeah. Its always been wrong.

New Zealand won another game today thanks to a favourable decision. Best team in the world.

I thought France were really good today. Their 10 looks pretty good. Their backrow was a real improvement and overall they werent giving away the stupid penalties they usually do. I think they still have problems in the second row and Chat is not good enough at 2 for this level (in my opinion) but France are getting better and better. They need games but by the end of the next 6 nations they could be very competitive.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

England went 2 tries up again in the first 20 and then didn't score for the rest of the game. Some incredibly stupid penos (Hughes card was just daft). If they lose next week and Scotland win they overtake them in the rankings, which is fair tbh. Quite a fall from the year they won the slam and whitewashed Australia. I think the wheels started coming off the year they won the 6N. They were still winning but not convincingly (Wales & France). Even the wins vs Argentina and Australia weren't great. Always seem to be able to put a gloss on the scoreboard, like against us.5(6 inc; Babas) losses pm the trot and they've clearly been 2nd best in all of those games IMO. When was the last time we endured that?
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Dunno if anyone stuck around for the post match interviews but Ben Young’s interview was astonishing stuff. Eddie Jones interview was prickly to say the least. Camp England is not a happy place.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

Post by Fan with smartphone »

Wales really impressive against Argentina in these 2 tests. Now, Argentina have been dreadful (despite good super rugby form), but just the discipline of the welsh. You have to give a lot of credit to Shaun Edwards and what he has repeatedly put together. He’s only come on now, but they have unearthed another smashing scrum half in Tomos Williams, who reminds me an awful lot of how Rob Howley used to play. Ellis Jenkins is just a superb loose forward. Davies is a bit more raw but he is going well for them too in the back row. They have some big players to add to this too. They are going to be a serious outfit the next few years.
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

Ross Moriarty didn’t get the discipline memo there. Choking red card on 82 minutes with wakes up by 25.
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

Fan with smartphone wrote:Wales really impressive against Argentina in these 2 tests. Now, Argentina have been dreadful (despite good super rugby form), but just the discipline of the welsh. You have to give a lot of credit to Shaun Edwards and what he has repeatedly put together. He’s only come on now, but they have unearthed another smashing scrum half in Tomos Williams, who reminds me an awful lot of how Rob Howley used to play. Ellis Jenkins is just a superb loose forward. Davies is a bit more raw but he is going well for them too in the back row. They have some big players to add to this too. They are going to be a serious outfit the next few years.

Weak tight 5 tough. They're playing a nice brand of rugby this year.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Hourcade has resigned as Pumas coach after they got shamed by Wales two weeks in a row.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

Ledesma the ex-player and Jaguares coach will be on the list.
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

Scotland beaten by USA by a point, with Scots missing a wideout conversion with last kick. AJ McGinty gave an exhibition, setting up and converting from the sideline himself for what turned out to be the winning points, with about 15 to go.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Fan with smartphone wrote:Ross Moriarty didn’t get the discipline memo there. Choking red card on 82 minutes with wakes up by 25.
https://youtu.be/r49xuqctSco

is there an appropriate noun that can merge the meaning of scumbag and idiot in equal measure? - betcha if there's no suitable word in English that the Germans will have one we can use
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

I think he tried to bite his ear too.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Scary to see the English go after their coach again. Exactly the same sh!t as under Lancaster. They overhype their players so much and when they fail to consistently meet the impossibly high standards set by the media, its all the coaches fault.

You wonder if they will ever realise that the players just arent that great. Some good players in there, some great physical athletes, but I dont think they have any players that marry the two, and there is a lot of mediocrity. Discipline on the pitch is really poor. Joe wouldnt select half those players.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Logorrhea wrote:Scary to see the English go after their coach again. Exactly the same sh!t as under Lancaster. They overhype their players so much and when they fail to consistently meet the impossibly high standards set by the media, its all the coaches fault.

You wonder if they will ever realise that the players just arent that great. Some good players in there, some great physical athletes, but I dont think they have any players that marry the two, and there is a lot of mediocrity. Discipline on the pitch is really poor. Joe wouldnt select half those players.
Wonder would any of our province be interested in signing Eddie? Nucifora and Eddie might be mates - watch that space.
A noteworthy achievement, the USA beat Scotland last night.
Their coach is not your typical SA coach.
He likes his forwards to be big.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

The only possible reason to want Jones at an Irish province would be to see Schmidt put some f%~king manners on the tosser.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

English discipline has gone to shite. BBC reporting that Brown and Marler got into verbals with some fans.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Logorrhea wrote:Scary to see the English go after their coach again. Exactly the same sh!t as under Lancaster. They overhype their players so much and when they fail to consistently meet the impossibly high standards set by the media, its all the coaches fault.

Absolutely...Mako Vunipola for instance wouldnt be next, nigh nor near Joe's squad.
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

nelly the elephant wrote:

Absolutely...Mako Vunipola for instance wouldnt be next, nigh nor near Joe's squad.
He probably would