MOC out

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

curates_egg
Seán Cronin

MOC out

Post by curates_egg »

Again.
Seems it wasn't just cranks on here that think he's just not a great coach.
Surprised it took Leicester this long.
http://www.the42.ie/matt-oconnor-georda ... =shortlink
Sionnach
Bookworm

Re: MOC out

Post by Sionnach »

He's been stealing a living.

I reckon I could have been just as bad as him, but for a much lower wage.

That's him finished I suppose. Nobody will hire him again this side of the equator.
elephantman
Knowledgeable

Post by elephantman »

Very surprising appointment by Leicester initially.

I watched the Exeter v Leicester game last Saturday. Leicester were such a badly coached team it was shocking. No gameplan, no fight, nothing.

MOC is a lovely fella by all accounts, pity he produces such poorly coached teams.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

elephantman wrote:Very surprising appointment by Leicester initially.

I watched the Exeter v Leicester game last Saturday. Leicester were such a badly coached team it was shocking. No gameplan, no fight, nothing.

MOC is a lovely fella by all accounts, pity he produces such poorly coached teams.
Not at all I'd say. He was under Cockers when they won the prem. Then he came here and won a pro12, and came within a whisker of getting us to a Heino final with a team that had lost BOD, Johnny and Isa.
He would have been the obvious choice for Leicester once he became available.
Very popular down in Gorey too IIRC.
The game is up now though.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Wonder would we be able to tempt him back ?? Maybe double his salary ??

After scraping home against Cardiff I don't think our current coaching ticket has any credibility left :D !!
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

blockhead wrote:
elephantman wrote:Very surprising appointment by Leicester initially.

Not at all I'd say. He was under Cockers when they won the prem. Then he came here and won a pro12, and came within a whisker of getting us to a Heino final with a team that had lost BOD, Johnny and Isa.
He would have been the obvious choice for Leicester once he became available.
Very popular down in Gorey too IIRC.
The game is up now though.
In fairness, with the resources he had available it would have been disappointing not to be in the frame for a Champions Cup.

Leinster vs Toulon: 15 Rob Kearney, 14 Fergus McFadden, 13 Ben Te’o, 12 Ian Madigan, 11 Luke Fitzgerald, 10 Jimmy Gopperth, 9 Isaac Boss, 8 Jamie Heaslip (c), 7 Sean O’Brien, 6 Jordi Murphy, 5 Mike McCarthy, 4 Devin Toner, 3 Mike Ross, 2 Sean Cronin, 1 Cian Healy.
Replacements: 16 Richardt Strauss, 17 Jack McGrath, 18 Martin Moore, 19 Ben Marshall, 20 Dominic Ryan, 21 Eoin Reddan, 22 Gordon D’Arcy, 23 Zane Kirchner

The issue was always the way he played never felt like we were close to the potential of what we could be and it was God awful stuff to watch. In days gone by when Leicester had the players to bully opposition he might have done ok but they don't out muscle anyone anymore and the Leicester way (like the Munster way in the 2000's) is pretty easy to play against these days. Unfortunately for MOC, he had no plan B and as the game became not only more physical but pacier, he was left behind.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Saw an interview with him last season on (I think) Sky where he was far too happy to point out that Leinster hadn't won anything since he'd left, which was true at the time. Cheerio now.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

Geordan Murphy's future at Leicester must be in some doubt now too.
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date this ban will be lifted: Never
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

tomthefan wrote:Geordan Murphy's future at Leicester must be in some doubt now too.
Unlikely, in the short term, when they have named him as interim Head Coach and he's in contract. Depending on what they decide to do (and SH Coaches will become available soon at the end of their Season), it could at least result in a very nice pay-day which would allow him plan his next move.
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

Ruckedtobits wrote:
tomthefan wrote:Geordan Murphy's future at Leicester must be in some doubt now too.
Unlikely, in the short term, when they have named him as interim Head Coach and he's in contract. Depending on what they decide to do (and SH Coaches will become available soon at the end of their Season), it could at least result in a very nice pay-day which would allow him plan his next move.
I didn't know that.
Anyway after reading your comment I had a look on their forum and there is quite a lot of support for him there. He's topping the poll of preferred new coaches though only one ahead of Stuart Lancaster.

https://forum.leicestertigers.com/viewt ... =1&t=45476

(When Munster played there last season in the HC he came across a bit of a moaner with his half time comments.)
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date this ban will be lifted: Never
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

The timing is the strangest thing.
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

BlueBlue wrote:The timing is the strangest thing.
But the time is right