Leinster v Dragons Sat 15 Sep 5.15pm (EirSports/TG4)

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Re: Leinster v Dragons Sat 15 Sep 5.15pm (EirSports/TG4)

Post by LeinsterLeader »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Thought we were really good apart from the missed lineouts. It was frustrating not to be further ahead early on but when you factor in the two forward passes (which I thought were fine) and Johnny kicking crossfield because he thought we had a penalty (and it really should have been) then we were probably unlucky. Considering how easy we were making yards I thought we kept our patience quite well when we weren't getting points.

Porter is an animal at the breakdown, just swats people away with ease most of the time but if anyone tries to kill the ball then he kills them. Thought Josh did really well, his all round game looked good and his engine seemed as strong as ever. I know we had lots of possession anyway but I think he freed Conan up a bit and he looked good in the loose.

JGP was much snappier than last week, played really well. I know it was brief and the game was done and dusted but HOS looked good as well. My big concern for the 20's was that he seemed very hesitant but there no sign of that last night. Agree with Gearzbox about Henshaw, looked good to me. Again I know we had lots of possession and front foot ball but the difference that himself and Ringrose's straight running made to our attack was huge, meant our wingers got far more ball than the first two weeks. Larmour looks great at the moment and despite beating someone every time he gets the ball he's not overplaying it like some of the games last season. So much expectation on his shoulders, really impressive to see him playing the way he is. He reminds me of when you try and catch a dog to put a lead on it or something...you think you've cornered him but then he spins around the back of the couch.

Hadn't a clue what the keyring was about until I read the back :lol:
Keyring? What keyring? Did I miss a keyring? I WANT MY KEYRING :evil:
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Anyone else notice the new Champions Cup jersey being revealed in the supporter's pack?!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

It's hard to describe but think it's meant to be a spear.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

wixfjord wrote:Anyone else notice the new Champions Cup jersey being revealed in the supporter's pack?!
Yes and it looks really nice. Hard to know what it'll be like in real life though given that they made the away one look okay too.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
wixfjord wrote:Anyone else notice the new Champions Cup jersey being revealed in the supporter's pack?!
Yes and it looks really nice. Hard to know what it'll be like in real life though given that they made the away one look okay too.
Where? I can only see Canterbury jerseys!
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Flash Gordon wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
It's on p.9 of the season ticket holders' handbook.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

cormac wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
It's on p.9 of the season ticket holders' handbook.
I didn't get that. I went after the match so maybe they were all gone.

I got the tin, scarf, card wallet and 4 star pin. Did I miss anything else?
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

I got mine after the match too. I'm not entirely sure why all the stuff wasn't just put into the box. I missed out on the keyring.

Think they were handing out the booklet near the exit.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Anyone fancy posting a pic? Tempted to buy the new home but might hold off for the euro
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Here's a picture of page 9 with the Champions Cup Home Kit, does this mean there will be an away kit also? Image
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Leinster v Dragons Sat 15 Sep 5.15pm (EirSports/TG4)

Post by artaneboy »

Double post
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

nc6000 wrote:Here's a picture of page 9 with the Champions Cup Home Kit, does this mean there will be an away kit also? Image
I don't like it :shock:
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

nc6000 wrote:Here's a picture of page 9 with the Champions Cup Home Kit, does this mean there will be an away kit also? Image
I can't see the image or follow the massive long link in the post but from the tiny pic in the handbook it's hard to tell what it's like really. There are always 3 jerseys. Home pro 14. Away and European Cup. No Euro away one.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Dark Blue-black shirt with blue-grey collar and cuff trim and pinstripes
I have Bumbleflex
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Not sure how clear this will be

#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

About as clear as in the handbook. :)

Just looks plain black with vague hints of possible stripes round the neck area.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Thought that was a very satisfying overall performance – obviously the lost lineouts were a disappointment when you try and look at the game objectively, but subjectively they were a complete irrelevance.

The biggest positive of the evening for me was Josh van der Flier's return. It's a really tricky injury to come back from, and we badly need an out-and-out openside at the moment. He did really well and didn't show many [if any] effects of the long lay-off.

Jack Conan was also very impressive – up there with JCB for Man of the Match. He has got two young challengers in Deegan and Doris, but he put a marker down with that performance which is a high standard for others to reach. I don't see Deegan's future as a No6, but on the balance of things it has got to be better for him to get long periods of gametime a little out of position than short periods in his preferred position.

Sexton and Ringrose were obviously class acts and looked to be into their stride immediately. Robbie Henshaw also had a big game and looked very dominant.

Great to get a game under our belts in the RDS in front of a good crowd. The start of the season felt like a bit of a phoney war with two away games and limited TV coverage.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Great to see us purring so early in the season. Can't remember players coming back and firing so well in their first games.
A little over a year ago, we were all unsure about our second row, and saw it as an Achilles heel. What a turnaround to have 3 outstanding options there. Ryan looked world class a long way out, but you just never know. Great to see him continuing on.

Finally, spare a thought for the PG Tips haters: it must be an ever lonelier place. Delighted for him though. He got the short stick on selections last season but still always looked sharp and skilful. If Cooney weren't going well, he'd be in with a shout for Japan if he is IQ then (not that I would want to lose two 9s)?

Edit: he qualifies in June. https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 22881.html
Experimental
Knowledgeable

Post by Experimental »

Thought we played very well for most of the game, Rob Kearney was the only one really who seemed to have a bit of an off day, he's a big game player tho, so not reading a lot into it. Lineout was poor and very telegraphed looking. JGP and Conan had especially good games. Conan will nail down that Ireland 8 spot the way hes going. The Dragons in fairness cannot be questioned for effort or pride, Cudd was especially good, they are definitely playing better than last season and will have learned a lot. Very few club teams would have lived with us the way we played.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Agree he was poor on Saturday but I'm really looking forward to seeing Rob this season. It could well be his last here and if it is then I'd expect him to go out all guns blazing. That's just speculation on my part btw, haven't heard anything.