Blues Talk tv

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

riocard911
Shane Jennings

Re: Blues Talk tv

Post by riocard911 »

Good show as ever lads. Think yiz - Jason particularly - have bigged up the Pro 14 enough for a couple of months at least. Ye mentioned something about sound problems, so here's some feedback. I downloaded the mp3 to listen on Audacious, which runs on Linux. The sound was appalling, really rough. I tried to sort it with the Audacious graphic equalizer, but wasn't able to effect any noticeable improvement. Ended up listening on Soundcloud, where the sound was perfect.

p.s. on matters sartorial here's a question for next week. Last season I was very disappointed with the fact, that our jersey and shorts were the same colour. I was hoping this season would be different, but unfortunately it's not. I hate the monotone kit Leinster play in. I find it boring and nondescript. I would prefer, if we had shorts in a darker shade of blue. My preference is for two-tone, which I thought was a Leinster tradition. Am I missing something? What do you guys think?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Hmmmm

I have Bumbleflex
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Dave Cahill wrote:Hmmmm

Must be just me, so....
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

You're wrong about Mike Haley it seems.
Haley received his first call-up to the senior England squad by coach Eddie Jones for a three-day training camp in May 2016.[4] He made his debut for the England Saxons on their tour against South Africa A in June 2016.[5] However, this appearance did not tie him fully to the RFU because at the time, South Africa A was not SARU's second team.[6] Haley was subsequently named in a provisional elite player squad for the 2016–17 season.[7]

Haley represented an England XV in the Old Mutual Wealth Cup against the Barbarians in a non-cap international at Twickenham Stadium in May 2017.[8] Again, this match did not tie him to the RFU as the Barbarians are a club team, and he thus remains eligible for future Ireland selection.[9]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_H ... gby_union)
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

paddyor wrote:You're wrong about Mike Haley it seems.
No, he played for England in a non cap international, not an England XV, or England Saxons, or England A, or Combined Counties - England. He's basically doing a Declan Rice in reverse.
I have Bumbleflex
bluestalktv
Knowledgeable

Post by bluestalktv »

This week on Blues Talk TV, we take a look back at Leinster’s emphatic victory over Dragons in the RDS, preview the visit of Edinburgh, review the rest of the week’s action and discuss the rest of the rugby news.

Video is back! We've been testing Live Streaming of the episodes as we record them over the last couple of weeks and we finally have most of the bugs sorted. It solves a lot of problems as it means we're on earlier in the week, the streamed video is available on our FB page straight away and as we record as we stream, it doesn't need editing (ah, the frisson of live broadcasting!). A few bells and whistles are going to be added to make it look less like a glorified skype call in the coming weeks.
bluestalktv
Knowledgeable

Post by bluestalktv »

This week on Blues Talk TV, we take a look back at Leinster’s bonus point victory over Edinburgh in the RDS, review the rest of the weekend’s Guinness Pro14 results before previewing our first inter-provincial clash of the season in Galway against Connacht and discussing the rest of the week’s rugby news.
bluestalktv
Knowledgeable

Post by bluestalktv »

This week on Blues Talk TV, we take a look back at Leinster’s victory over Connacht in Galway in the Pro14, discuss the rest of last weekends results and news, before previewing the game against Munster in the Aviva Stadium.
bluestalktv
Knowledgeable

Post by bluestalktv »

This week on Blues Talk TV, we take a look back at Leinster’s victory over Munster in the Guinness Pro14 and discuss the rest of the weekend’s rugby news before previewing our opening match in the Heineken Cup against Wasps.
bluestalktv
Knowledgeable

Post by bluestalktv »

This week we take a look back at Leinster’s bonus point victory over Wasps in the first round of the Heineken Champions Cup in the RDS, review the rest of the weekend’s European games before previewing our clash with Toulouse in the Stade Ernest-Wallon and discussing the other games in round 2.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Really enjoyed that.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Great stuff, lads. The dreaded Z word came up again, thankfully to be summarily dismissed by Dave. Well done, Dave!!!!!!
harblstuff
Bookworm

Post by harblstuff »

riocard911 wrote:Great stuff, lads. The dreaded Z word came up again, thankfully to be summarily dismissed by Dave. Well done, Dave!!!!!!

Zombie? A topic that just won't die and keeps coming back?
bluestalktv
Knowledgeable

Post by bluestalktv »

This week on Blues Talk TV we take a look back at Leinster’s loss to Toulouse in the Heineken Champions Cup, review the rest of the weekend’s results and discuss the week’s Rugby news before previewing our return to Guinness Pro14 action away to Benetton Treviso.
bluestalktv
Knowledgeable

Post by bluestalktv »

This week on Blues Talk TV we take a look back at Leinster’s bonus point victory away to Benetton Treviso, discuss the rest of the weekend’s results, preview our trip to South Africa to play the Southern Kings and discuss the upcoming Autumn International series.
bluestalktv
Knowledgeable

Post by bluestalktv »

This week on Blues Talk we take a look back at Leinster’s bonus point win in South Africa against the Southern Kings and discuss the rest of the weekend’s Pro14 news and results. We then review Ireland’s victory over Italy in Chicago and look forward to the match against Argentina.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

.... [Tumbleweed]
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Sorry, no episode this week, it has been a busy week for all involved, John is off somewhere foreign, Jason is helping the guards with their enquiries into something involving an Ann Summers catalogue and a bucket of soapy frogs and I've been getting ready for <plug>The Dun Laoghaire Vinyl Festival on Saturday and Sunday, where I'll be interviewing Andrew Cartmel - author of the Vinyl Detective series of crime novels, co-author of the Rivers of London graphic novels, script editor for Doctor Who and Judge Dredd writer - other festival events include The Horslips, Paul Cleary, Don Letts, Kevin Godley, The Delorentos, Lenny Abrahamson, Adrian Dunbar and many others, details available from www.vinylfestival.ie</plug>

Sorry Limecat
I have Bumbleflex
bluestalktv
Knowledgeable

Post by bluestalktv »

This week on Blues Talk we take a look back at Ireland’s historic win over the All Blacks in the Aviva Stadium and review the rest of the weekend’s rugby before previewing an avian weekend in Dublin 4 with the visit of the USA Eagles to play Ireland and the Ospreys to take on Leinster.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

I see you're back...streaming an episode tonight :happy clapper:
Does that mean there'll also be a podcast?
Dont Panic!