Leinster v Wasps Friday BT Sport 7.45

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Re: Leinster v Wasps Friday BT Sport 7.45

Post by neiliog93 »

Lowe in this form is the second best winger in the world after Rieko Ioane. Better than Naholo, imagine the damage Lowe could do in an All Blacks backline.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

domhnallj wrote:Didn’t get to see that game, if anyone knows a link to the game would they mind posting it? Thanks.
Sign up here and you'll get every game you want with only a couple of hours delay: https://rugbylist.blogspot.com/
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Dave Cahill wrote:In or around the 75th minute, with the game entirely in the bag, in the Wasps 22 Ringrose shot out of the line like a rocket and absolutely clobbered a Wasps back miles behind the gain line. The attitude was just incredible - the desire, the need, to give them absolutely nothing is incredible and it says so much about this group of players, many of whom won pretty much everything going last year, that the hunger is still there
That was one of the nicest parts of last night. In the dressing room on one of the walls is the word ruthless in big lettering - they showed that word means more to them then simply being written on a wall, it’s culture!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

The line Rob Kearney runs for James Lowe's first try is a thing of beauty. All his experience showed in that line - knowing which angle to pick to ensure he couldn't be pinged for obstruction whilst completely, and legally, obstructing the potential Wasps tackler
I have Bumbleflex
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

riocard911 wrote:
domhnallj wrote:Didn’t get to see that game, if anyone knows a link to the game would they mind posting it? Thanks.
Sign up here and you'll get every game you want with only a couple of hours delay: https://rugbylist.blogspot.com/
Thanks for the link. I'll sign up when I get home

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

It was the main positive point Leo stressed, playing full tilt to the end.

I also really enjoyed J Lowe's interview saying if you go into a ruck you've got to completely rearrange it. It's not my speciality but if I'm going in, someone is going out.
That's the spirit.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

riocard911 wrote:
Is that back working?
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

curates_egg wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote: Thought Luke was great too. Had that stupid kick on the full early on (which was particularly annoying because he did it last week too) but apart from that his passing was really good, support play excellent, and defended really well as usual, loved his tackle on Taylor down the touchline. Nick was really good when he came on too.
It's so funny that people see out of players what they want to see. I thought McGrath had a great game overall, but I thought his distribution in the first half wasn't great. My impression was that he was slow getting the ball away and he threw a couple of poor passes. I need to rewatch to see if my impression was wrong. I thought the rest of his game (kicking, defence, support play) was at a very high standard.
Exactly as I saw it @curate's_egg. Too slow to move, occasionally poor pass and pass through the air too slow - in 1st half only. Much improved in 2nd half.

All that aside, his overall display in support, in the tackle and in possession was excellent.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

paddyor wrote:
riocard911 wrote:
Is that back working?
https://youtu.be/buI9EYrIU6M

Seems to be the full game.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Ruckedtobits wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote: Thought Luke was great too. Had that stupid kick on the full early on (which was particularly annoying because he did it last week too) but apart from that his passing was really good, support play excellent, and defended really well as usual, loved his tackle on Taylor down the touchline. Nick was really good when he came on too.
It's so funny that people see out of players what they want to see. I thought McGrath had a great game overall, but I thought his distribution in the first half wasn't great. My impression was that he was slow getting the ball away and he threw a couple of poor passes. I need to rewatch to see if my impression was wrong. I thought the rest of his game (kicking, defence, support play) was at a very high standard.
Exactly as I saw it @curate's_egg. Too slow to move, occasionally poor pass and pass through the air too slow - in 1st half only. Much improved in 2nd half.

All that aside, his overall display in support, in the tackle and in possession was excellent.
I agree McGrath was too slow in getting ball out especially in 1st half. He gave wasps who are 8th best defence in premiership time to get their line set with his delays in getting ball out. He is a great tackler but his pass speed and distribution has gone backwards since last year. He nearly got Healy killed (believe it was reason he went off at halftime) with the awful pass he gave him under the wasps posts which cost us a brilliant try opportunity
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Favoirite part of the night was the James Lowe , James Lowe chanting from the standing terrace , when the BT sport guy was trying to present the MOTM award ... priceless !!
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

Just watching it again. James Ryan is a phenomenal player. FLC for sure.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Great show on Friday night. What a performance!
How proffessional and focussed is Leinster atm? Ruddock trying to get to a ruck finds some bloke in yellow in the way. He runs over him and continues onto to that ruck. Only when the whistle blows does he stop. :lol:
Cronin's got the yips again on his darts. Even the ones not pinged looked close to being so.
Nick McCarthy is becoming the most important player in the squad, Fardy and Lowe have to play.
Bomber is very quiet this season media wise, anybody else notice that?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

blockhead wrote:Great show on Friday night. What a performance!
How proffessional and focussed is Leinster atm? Ruddock trying to get to a ruck finds some bloke in yellow in the way. He runs over him and continues onto to that ruck. Only when the whistle blows does he stop. :lol:
Cronin's got the yips again on his darts. Even the ones not pinged looked close to being so.
Nick McCarthy is becoming the most important player in the squad, Fardy and Lowe have to play.
Bomber doesn't have to say anything, his players are saying it for him.
But you're right right he's being lying quite low.
Would he take the England job if EJ got dumped, it's the only scenario where I could see him leave Leinster, in the short term that is.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Toner-the pivot for the 2nd Lowe try. Just magic.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Degz wrote:Just watching it again. James Ryan is a phenomenal player. FLC for sure.
Is he only behind Brodie Retallick as the best lock in the world right now? Ryan really is a special, special player.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Oldschool wrote: Bomber doesn't have to say anything, his players are saying it for him.
But you're right right he's being lying quite low.
Would he take the England job if EJ got dumped, it's the only scenario where I could see him leave Leinster, in the short term that is.

Listening to him speak about his experience last time and the sh!t he got during and afterwards I'd say that's highly unlikely.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

curates_egg wrote:
I have say I agree with that. Luke’s passing has got more accurate- but it is frequently still too slow. It gave a game Wasps defence the opportunity to withstand our relentless attacking in the first half. In the second, they started to break physically and speed at the breakdown was less an issue.

But he took his tries very well, tackled like a demon and ran some great lines. Kicking was okay. It was a good performance overall- but no hyperbole justified.

McCarthy was really good too. His speed and accuracy of pass was noteworthy. As a cameo I liked his abrasiveness at that ruck which their flanker took exception to.

So okay- it’s not a “production line” but we have three high quality SH available to us now and a couple of promising lads in the academy. Not bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

blockhead wrote:Great show on Friday night. What a performance!
Why on earth does Fardy HAVE to play? Very good player that he is- and valuable as he proved last year, of the three non-Kolpak options he is the one where we have most cover.

We have two top quality locks in Dev and Ryan, a couple of good rotations/ substitutes off the bench in Kearney and Maloney. If we want a Fardy type that can cover lock or back row there’s Ruddock. Rhys may not have the experience or profile of Scott, but he’s proven to do a job to a high standard.

I’d agree on Lowe, he’s our X factor man. But the idea that improving Nick can provide the quality cover we need at 9, thus leaving Luke by default the player in uncontested possession of the SH berth makes no sense. JGP is the form 9. Leaving him out of the squad might suit some agendas but doesn’t add up on form or options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

how long until JCB is IQ?

then the question of 2 from 3 goes away