johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Ireland 2018/2019

Post by johng »

neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Ireland 2018/2019

Post by neill_m »

Channel 4 has secured the rights to show Ireland’s autumn rugby internationals upto 2021. The 2018 Six Nations' Grand Slam Champions face Argentina, the USA and current World Champions New Zealand in November and all three matches will be shown live on Channel 4. The four-year deal includes: coverage of two of Ireland's World Cup warm up matches in 2019 against Italy and Wales; 2020 autumn internationals against Australia, South Africa and another team to be announced; Ireland's autumn internationals in 2021 against the All Blacks, Argentina and another country yet to be confirmed.

No broadcaster for the Italy v Ireland game in Chicago in November has been announced yet.
irishjonny
Knowledgeable

Post by irishjonny »

are we getting new ireland jerseys this year? england dropped new gear today.
best quote from croker was this old boy behind me after about 65 minutes when you could see the red jerseys flooding out of the place

"Lock the gates, make them watch"

Disturbing yet arousing at the same time
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

irishjonny wrote:are we getting new ireland jerseys this year? england dropped new gear today.
I flipping hope not because we'll likely have a new one for the RWC next year.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Jean Kleyn signs a new contract for Munster meaning unless form or injury happen he's Ireland bound. Pretty happy with this he's a player I rate highly and will add more oomph in the scrum.
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Another new jersey.......

TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Not forgetting the blue one we'll apparently be wearing against the USA. I'm assuming we're getting another jersey in time for RWC2019 as well....
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Who do people think will be a bolter for the Irish Squad named for the November series? I'd like to see Denis Buckley given a chance and Bealham brought back in. The little I've seen of Addison in Ulster makes me think he could be a tasty player. With Murray still injured Luke McGrath will surely get called up.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

sunshiner1 wrote:Who do people think will be a bolter for the Irish Squad named for the November series? I'd like to see Denis Buckley given a chance and Bealham brought back in. The little I've seen of Addison in Ulster makes me think he could be a tasty player. With Murray still injured Luke McGrath will surely get called up.
John Cooney wouldn't be a bolter exactly but, with Murray being injured, his chance to push himself up the pecking order has finally arrived.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

sunshiner1 wrote:Who do people think will be a bolter for the Irish Squad named for the November series? I'd like to see Denis Buckley given a chance and Bealham brought back in. The little I've seen of Addison in Ulster makes me think he could be a tasty player. With Murray still injured Luke McGrath will surely get called up.
Ian Madigan looks to be about where we'd like Carbury to be right now.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

In Bristol?
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

Tom Farrell, James Cronin, Goggin, Thornbury, Addison, SOB2, Boyle are some names that have started the season well. Addison looks set from inclusion while there could be one or two others.. or maybe none other.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Not sure I'd count Bealham as a bolter but I'd definitely have him in the squad. I'd say we'll have a bigger squad than usual so there's a good chance the likes of Farrell and SOB2 will make it.

ROL is one guy who I'd like to see involved.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

With Farrell likely ruled out until Christmas think Tom Farrell could get a look in for the USA.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

by paddyor » October 10th, 2018, 3:59 pm

With Farrell likely ruled out until Christmas think Tom Farrell could get a look in for the USA.
With Chris Farrell's injury I'd really like us to play a new centre be it Tom Farrell, ROL, Sam Arnold or Goggin. Haven't seen enough of Munster this season to comment on their players but Arnold made the training squads last year so wouldn't be surprised if he got the nod.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Ryle and Jamie for CH4 coverage of the AIs.
Jamie was excellent I thought on sat for the Bath game, first time I seen him do that kind of stuff.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

sunshiner1 wrote:
by paddyor » October 10th, 2018, 3:59 pm

With Chris Farrell's injury I'd really like us to play a new centre be it Tom Farrell, ROL, Sam Arnold or Goggin. Haven't seen enough of Munster this season to comment on their players but Arnold made the training squads last year so wouldn't be surprised if he got the nod.
Addison is the guy I'd like to see get a run against the USA, with Joey at 10 and McCloskey or Bundee at 12. Don't think Joe will risk Henshaw in all four games so maybe he and Bundee will get two each.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

by Ruckedtobits

Addison is the guy I'd like to see get a run against the USA, with Joey at 10 and McCloskey or Bundee at 12. Don't think Joe will risk Henshaw in all four games so maybe he and Bundee will get two each.
I agree with you about Addison and we might see Burns looked at as a third choice option out-half but I think your being generous to Henshaw, Aki is clearly the first choice 12 now with either Henshaw or Ringrose at 13 (personally I prefer Ringrose, as Henshaw and Aki have a too similar playing style). Henshaw will definitely get a game though.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

sunshiner1 wrote:
by Ruckedtobits

I agree with you about Addison and we might see Burns looked at as a third choice option out-half but I think your being generous to Henshaw, Aki is clearly the first choice 12 now with either Henshaw or Ringrose at 13 (personally I prefer Ringrose, as Henshaw and Aki have a too similar playing style). Henshaw will definitely get a game though.
Really?? Clearly to who?
Dont Panic!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Dexter wrote:
sunshiner1 wrote:
by Ruckedtobits

Really?? Clearly to who?
Some blind dude.