NG Dragons Vs Leinster Rodney Pde Sat 1st Dec 17.15

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Re: NG Dragons Vs Leinster Rodney Pde Sat 1st Dec 17.15

Post by artaneboy »

Second try for Penney! He’s going to think this pro game lark is easy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Jaysus this is cracking stuff so far.

COB doing a fine audition for the 12 jersey.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Poor pass from JGP. Should have been three 3.

cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

artaneboy wrote:Poor pass from JGP. Should have been three 3.

from the ridiculous to the sublime inside 60 secs, floats one for Fardy to score in the corner
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

...and he (sort of) makes up for it with good floater over the outside defence for Fardy to score the third. 19-3...

fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Scrum!
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Decent first half from us. Need to make more hay down their 10-12 channel
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Decent first half. Penny with another try, seems to have a nose for the try line. Very impressed with Adam Byrne and Conor O’Brien in the first 40. Both seem to be making bags of meters.
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Apparently top 3 meters gained so far are Conor O’Brien (46), Doris (44) and Adam Byrne (38).
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

That was such an impressive first half.

Penny and COB are the two youngsters who have really shone for me in the last week. It's a pity for Penny that he has so much competition but COB could become important for us quite quickly given that Robbie is the only other 12 we have who can carry like that, really encouraged by how much more comfortable he looks with every game he plays. Doris has been really good as well. Poor mistake for the try though, don't think that was a difficult thing to get right and he should have been more patient.

Also really happy to see Molony and Adam both looking so good after an inconsistent 12 month period for both of them. Said this last week but Molony looks so solid all of a sudden. Have a feeling that if this game was a year ago he'd have thrown in a stupid penalty and a poor knock on to undo the rest of his good work.

The halfbacks look great as well, really pulling the strings superbly. The Dragons seem terrified of what JGP can do, the defence looks lost trying to figure out what he's going to do.

Dragons are useless but still impressive by us.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Ross to Dave again. Bonus point try!

artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

I’d say JGP is going to be binned.

artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

We are lucky there. Peno from half way.

riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

That was just WOW!!!!!! Dragons were a disaster, but our lads looked, all of them, as though they had a plan and were determined to execute it. For all the brickbats he's been receiving on this forum, Deegan was impressive after he came on. My favourite moment was Paddy Patterson in his first match for the senior team having the confidence to pull off an over the top skip pass to put Jimmy O'Brien over in the corner. Leinster look very well coached - because they are. Hats off to Leo, Stu, Felipe and Fogs!!!
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:That was such an impressive first half.

Penny and COB are the two youngsters who have really shone for me in the last week. It's a pity for Penny that he has so much competition but COB could become important for us quite quickly given that Robbie is the only other 12 we have who can carry like that, really encouraged by how much more comfortable he looks with every game he plays. Doris has been really good as well. Poor mistake for the try though, don't think that was a difficult thing to get right and he should have been more patient.

Also really happy to see Molony and Adam both looking so good after an inconsistent 12 month period for both of them. Said this last week but Molony looks so solid all of a sudden. Have a feeling that if this game was a year ago he'd have thrown in a stupid penalty and a poor knock on to undo the rest of his good work.

The halfbacks look great as well, really pulling the strings superbly. The Dragons seem terrified of what JGP can do, the defence looks lost trying to figure out what he's going to do.

Penny is 19, no need to talk about who’s in front of him as he’s plenty of time to come through the academy before he’ll be expecting to turn out in real games. Agree on COB looked well but againleys see him in a proper game.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Dragons were utterly abysmal and got worse as the game wore on. Something badly wrong with them at the moment as they have some decent players in their squad who look poor when they pull on a Dragons shirt. They were a shambles before Jackman took them over but he's done little to improve them and morale must be rock-bottom going by their performance this evening.

On a brighter note I was impressed by our professionalism this evening. Never let them believe they were in with a chance of winning that game. We played with real intensity for 80 minutes and got the reward that deserved. Everyone looked hungry to make an impression. Getting 15 points from the last three games has been a real statement from the fringe players. Means no-one can afford to slack off in training.
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

Brilliant performance yet again from this young team....how fortunate are we all as Leinster fans to have this depth chart.....to the obvious envy
of all others.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Jonny tight lips wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:That was such an impressive first half.

Penny is 19, no need to talk about who’s in front of him as he’s plenty of time to come through the academy before he’ll be expecting to turn out in real games. Agree on COB looked well but againleys see him in a proper game.
COB has been earmarked for a long, long time. I'm delighted to hear about him doing well in the game, but not at all surprised.

The super-fast promotions of guys like Doris, Larmour, Ryan, Porter and Ringrose seem to have left him behind, but he's still in the academy and this is how the system is supposed to work – guys in second year get a couple of games off the bench to 'dip their toes' [so to speak], and then they should get five or six matchday squads in third year to see if they're up to a development deal.

Completely agree with regards to Penny. I can't see SOB having anything left in the tank after RWC19, if he even gets there. That automatically moves Penny up a rung next year.

As somebody else said after last week, it's Will Connors I feel sorry for. He put in some good performances last season and had a canny enough agent to get him a development deal over the summer on the back of
1] Jordi moving;
2] uncertainty over O'Brien's return date; and
3] JVDF still rehabbing from injury.

Then he was unfortunate enough to get injured in pre-season, and Penny absolutely blows the doors off in the Celtic Cup, then bags tries in his first two games as a teenager in the Pro14. That's a hell of a tough break.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

ronk wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:Guy's got sacks of medals too. It's what any sportsman wants. Why would he move?
Driven people drive. I think he has a role here and it extends beyond gametime keeps a driven player and squad leader engaged.
He's a team player, which is natural for props. There's no shortage of drive in Leinster, it's ego that would have moved him.
Yeah wasn't it ego that made Conway move iirc?
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Jonny tight lips wrote:
I wasn't saying it was an issue.