Bath v Leinster Sat 3.15 BT Sports

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Re: Bath v Leinster Sat 3.15 BT Sports

Post by mildlyinterested »

Jack McGrath had hip procedure and is out for 4-6 weeks.

Other players confirmed out: Henshaw, Barry Daly, Nick McCarthy, SOB, McFadden, Tomane, Connors.

Available for selection/Still being assessed:

Conan, Larmour, Leavy, ROL.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

So Dooley or Byrne at 17.
JGP or HOS at 21.

If ROL available, him at 12.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Not too bad of an injury report. ROL back in is a big boost. Sounds as though both Leavy & Conan could play a part. McGrath out for Xmas interpros is a bit of a blow, but good chance for the other two to step up and both have been doing well.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

wixfjord wrote:Not too bad of an injury report. ROL back in is a big boost. Sounds as though both Leavy & Conan could play a part. McGrath out for Xmas interpros is a bit of a blow, but good chance for the other two to step up and both have been doing well.
Should get a better idea when the sportsfile photos are released later and we'll see who's actually training and who's standing around. Not conclusive I know, but a better idea.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I was wondering why Jack was MIA the last couple of weekends. I assume Ed Byrne will come in for him, hope he does well, he really deserves to after the injuries he's had and the form he's in.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

carlow man wrote:Not sure I would fancy larmour defending against the giant number 11 for bath. Not even going to attempt spelling his name! Also big decision whether to go with reid or cob. Roberts going at Reid could be ugly and cob seems to get yards in contact albeit against lesser oppostion in last 2 weeks. Roll on Saturday thou. Min 4 points required!!
I too have been very impressed by Conor O'Brien's performances in the last two matches. Am I right however in saying that he's ineligible for selection vs Bath, as he's not on our ERCC squad list?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

riocard911 wrote:
carlow man wrote:Not sure I would fancy larmour defending against the giant number 11 for bath. Not even going to attempt spelling his name! Also big decision whether to go with reid or cob. Roberts going at Reid could be ugly and cob seems to get yards in contact albeit against lesser oppostion in last 2 weeks. Roll on Saturday thou. Min 4 points required!!
I too have been very impressed by Conor O'Brien's performances in the last two matches. Am I right however in saying that he's ineligible for selection vs Bath, as he's not on our ERCC squad list?
yes
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Leavy looks to be active in training.
Show Spoiler:
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

mildlyinterested wrote:Leavy looks to be active in training.
Show Spoiler:
ROL running too, although his knee is heavily strapped. Just a hunch but I can feel the phrase "a week two soon" being used for ROL when they announce the team on Friday.
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

riocard911 wrote:

It's just a case of registering him tomorrow before noon in place of someone like Henshaw or possibly Daly or Tomane
3.5 Each club may register up to three additional players during the pool stage, each to replace a player previously registered. If a club registers three additional players, one such player must be a front row player. Additional players must have a three-month contract with the club and must not have played for another club in the tournament. Additional player registrations must be submitted by 12 noon (GMT) on the Tuesday before the match. De-registered players may be re-registered (in place of the relevant additional players) during the pool stage.
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

arsebiscuits1 wrote:
riocard911 wrote:

It's just a case of registering him tomorrow before noon in place of someone like Henshaw or possibly Daly or Tomane
3.5 Each club may register up to three additional players during the pool stage, each to replace a player previously registered. If a club registers three additional players, one such player must be a front row player. Additional players must have a three-month contract with the club and must not have played for another club in the tournament. Additional player registrations must be submitted by 12 noon (GMT) on the Tuesday before the match. De-registered players may be re-registered (in place of the relevant additional players) during the pool stage.
Thx!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

4 Euro games and 3 interpros to get through before you can make any more changes. You can only make 2 non front row changes in that time. I'd say they will use Reid or Frawley at 12. No sense messing about unless you have to.

Also H O'Sullivan in the squad already so we can stick him on the bench if we need Fardy and Lowe.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

riocard911 wrote:
They call him Dana International in Bath (CockOnASinger) Or did you mean the famous Galway mountain The Rock of Dungooney?

Also. I don't think Dr Jaw is available for them. Joseph is "week too soon" also
Last edited by johng on December 3rd, 2018, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Yeah I'd say we'll see Reid at 12 alright.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I just remembered that Bruce Craig asked for the Toulouse game to be replayed and now I hope we win by a million points.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

wixfjord wrote:Yeah I'd say we'll see Reid at 12 getting run over by Jamie Roberts alright.
Fixed
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

paddyor wrote:
wixfjord wrote:Yeah I'd say we'll see Reid at 12 getting run over by Jamie Roberts alright.
Fixed
If he can take down Nick Williams and Josh Matavesi the doc should be no trouble.

Roberts is gone very, very one paced.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

wixfjord wrote:
paddyor wrote:
Fixed
If he can take down Nick Williams and Josh Matavesi the doc should be no trouble.

Roberts is gone very, very one paced.
Mmnn... he’s also still very, very powerful and big.

I do think that Noel is a brave tackler with a (mostly) sound technique. But size does matter in rugby collisions I’d pick Conor O’Brien.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

johng wrote: Also. I don't think Dr Jaw is available for them. Joseph is "week too soon" also
Cue them starting together in the centre.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

42 suggesting leavy won't make it for sat with Conan more likely to be involved. Rol should start alongside ringer. Good job we are stacked with back rows!