Stuart Lancaster joining Leinster

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

TrapperChamonix
Mullet

Re: Stuart Lancaster joining Leinster

Post by TrapperChamonix »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:The interview Lancaster did recently sure made it sound like he needed to spend more time at home so I'm fully expecting him to leave Leinster. I know the Ireland job would mean that he would be away for long periods a few times every year but overall it looks like a great fit. As much as we improved in Leo's first season Lancaster still had to unMoc us a bit so it would be interesting to see what he could with Ireland assuming that Joe leaves us in a good place, plus the young Leinster lads that he'll have helped developed over the previous couple of years should really be able to kick on with him as they enter their prime.

I'm guessing Joe will head back to NZ but from a tugby POV I'd love to see him go for something like the French job, imagine what he could do with their side and the young players they have coming through? Obviously from an Irish rugby fan POV I just hope he goes back to teaching.
+1
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
errlloyd
Beginner

Post by errlloyd »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I'm guessing Joe will head back to NZ but from a tugby POV I'd love to see him go for something like the French job, imagine what he could do with their side and the young players they have coming through? Obviously from an Irish rugby fan POV I just hope he goes back to teaching.
From an Irish fan POV I have this dream. Joe is walking on a beach in Auckland, he looks older but happier - like a weight has been lifted. His jacket is slung over his shoulder. He spots the man he's been looking for. Isa Nacewa is crounched on the front of a small beached fishing boat, sanding the deck with his back to Joe. He turns, see's Joe. He smiles, gets to his feet. The camera briefly pans back to Joe his smile widens. The camera begins to zoom out to an aerial view, as the men walk towards each other and embrace on the beach. It fades to black. But we learn in the end credits that they become the 2021 coaching ticket for the Auckland Blues. They win 5 or 6 Super Rugby titles in a row, but never bother taking up AB's positions.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

errlloyd wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I'm guessing Joe will head back to NZ but from a tugby POV I'd love to see him go for something like the French job, imagine what he could do with their side and the young players they have coming through? Obviously from an Irish rugby fan POV I just hope he goes back to teaching.
From an Irish fan POV I have this dream. Joe is walking on a beach in Auckland, he looks older but happier - like a weight has been lifted. His jacket is slung over his shoulder. He spots the man he's been looking for. Isa Nacewa is crounched on the front of a small beached fishing boat, sanding the deck with his back to Joe. He turns, see's Joe. He smiles, gets to his feet. The camera briefly pans back to Joe his smile widens. The camera begins to zoom out to an aerial view, as the men walk towards each other and embrace on the beach. It fades to black. But we learn in the end credits that they become the 2021 coaching ticket for the Auckland Blues. They win 5 or 6 Super Rugby titles in a row, but never bother taking up AB's positions.
This is getting dangerously close to fan fiction - 50 Shades of (Auckland) Blue
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

The Shawshank analogy implies that Irish rugby was a prison for Isa and Joe...not sure about that but I suppose Nucifora would make a good warden.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Brendan Fanning was saying he might be off to Bath at the end of the season. Would be a huge shame to lose him.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 85960.html

Fanning thinks it's more probable than possible. Bomber's contract is up at the end of the season is it not? Every club in Europe would love to have him. But is Bath not harder to get to than Dublin from Yorkshire? Unless he plans to move down there.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Sure Leeds to Bath is longer commute than Dublin.
Don’t see the advantage for him in that move either professionally or personally
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Blue not red blood wrote:Sure Leeds to Bath is longer commute than Dublin.
Don’t see the advantage for him in that move either professionally or personally
Agreed. He's not exactly the Bruce Craig type.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

IMO retaining Lancaster is of upmost priority.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

"Stuart is an integral part of the province here, the team, how we play and the success we've had over the last couple of years. So, if he was to leave it would be a pretty big void to try and fill.

"There hasn't been a huge amount of talk about it. Certainly, from players it is a year away and so much can change within a year. But certainly Stuart is a huge part of the club."
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

mildlyinterested wrote:"Stuart is an integral part of the province here, the team, how we play and the success we've had over the last couple of years. So, if he was to leave it would be a pretty big void to try and fill.

"There hasn't been a huge amount of talk about it. Certainly, from players it is a year away and so much can change within a year. But certainly Stuart is a huge part of the club."
Some context would be great
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Peg Leg wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:"Stuart is an integral part of the province here, the team, how we play and the success we've had over the last couple of years. So, if he was to leave it would be a pretty big void to try and fill.

quote from Rob Kearney on Lancaster's influence on setup.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Not sure if I should mention here or in the Podcasts thread, but Lancaster is doing a podcast series with Ger Gilroy on Off The Ball about Leadership, and it is well worth a listen.
He had previously done an interview with Michael Gervais on his podcast 'Finding Mastery' that gave him the idea to do his own.
First episode is about Lancaster, but subsequent episodes are interviews with guests chosen by Lancaster. Can be found on the "Highlights from Off The Ball" pod.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

mildlyinterested wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:

quote from Rob Kearney on Lancaster's influence on setup.
Thx
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Laighin Break wrote:Not sure if I should mention here or in the Podcasts thread, but Lancaster is doing a podcast series with Ger Gilroy on Off The Ball about Leadership, and it is well worth a listen.
He had previously done an interview with Michael Gervais on his podcast 'Finding Mastery' that gave him the idea to do his own.
First episode is about Lancaster, but subsequent episodes are interviews with guests chosen by Lancaster. Can be found on the "Highlights from Off The Ball" pod.
Are you enjoying it? What really bothers me is that Gilroy keeps bloody asking him about the world cup.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

curates_egg wrote:
Laighin Break wrote:Not sure if I should mention here or in the Podcasts thread, but Lancaster is doing a podcast series with Ger Gilroy on Off The Ball about Leadership, and it is well worth a listen.
Are you enjoying it? What really bothers me is that Gilroy keeps bloody asking him about the world cup.
I just listened to the first one (which I think is the only one available). I enjoyed it and thought Gilroy did okay. He certainly didn't drill Lancaster on England's RWC '15 disaster.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Yeah he mentioned the RWC '15 (which is important) but didn't think he over did it. I've listened to the second one too, which is an interview with a New Zealander who's an 'expert' in leadership in sports. Stuart brought him in to help out with the English rugby team. He's also worked with multiple soccer and cricket teams.
Third episode is available now too
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

@CianTracey1
24m24 minutes ago
Leo Cullen says that Stuart Lancaster has told him that he is happy at Leinster. Expects him to be at the club next season.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Here's the article from the 42, quoting Cullen. Nothing surprising in there. Not much else he can say.
https://www.the42.ie/leinster-leo-culle ... =shortlink
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

mildlyinterested wrote:@CianTracey1
24m24 minutes ago
Leo Cullen says that Stuart Lancaster has told him that he is happy at Leinster. Expects him to be at the club next season.
Even with my Ireland hat on, I think Lancaster staying at Leinster is the best thing for Irish rugby. Get Tony Brown or Jason Holland or O'Gara to be Ireland attack coach and leave Lancaster to do what he's doing so well at the moment