The Province Formerly Known As Munster 2018-19

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Re: The Province Formerly Known As Munster 2018-19

Post by dropkick »

blockhead wrote:Munster team
Munster: Mike Haley; Andrew Conway, Chris Farrell, Rory Scannell, Keith Earls; Joey Carbery, Conor Murray; Dave Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell, John Ryan; Tadhg Beirne, Billy Holland; Peter O’Mahony (C), Chris Cloete, CJ Stander. Replacements: Kevin O’Byrne, Jeremy Loughman, Ciaran Parker, Fineen Wycherley, Arno Botha, Alby Mathewson, JJ Hanrahan, Sammy Arnold

12 of the 23 not from Munster, 5 Leinster lads.
But hey! It's not where your from, it's where you belong. :D

Leinster would never sign non Leinster players. Never happened. :lol:
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

It's 11 from Munster. It's not where you're from. It's where you belong :lol:
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

The late changes forced on Munster (Carbery & Farrell both out) could swing this in favour of Castres. Saw their game against Exeter in Castres and they have a pack who can cope with anything that Munster (also without Klein) can offer up front. Munster need to get out ahead early and prevent the Castres team gaining confidence that this is a day they can win.

Castres gave an exhibition of hard-nosed team work in beating Montpellier in the Top14 Final so these guys know how to do it. The Pool is now up for grabs with Exeter's defeat yesterday so Castres may just be minded to grab it.
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

The only silver lining from this dog of a game is that even ryle Nugent is subdued
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date this ban will be lifted: Never
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

This group could be quite interesting if Munster lose next week. If Gloucester win then they could go top and then they have Munster at home in round five. Not beyond the bounds of possibility that Gloucester could be 4/5 points ahead before the last round.

Next week should be good. Castres were poor today but there was a lot of niggle out there and I'd say they'll be raring to go at home.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Ruckedtobits wrote:The late changes forced on Munster (Carbery & Farrell both out) could swing this in favour of Castres. Saw their game against Exeter in Castres and they have a pack who can cope with anything that Munster (also without Klein) can offer up front. Munster need to get out ahead early and prevent the Castres team gaining confidence that this is a day they can win.

Castres gave an exhibition of hard-nosed team work in beating Montpellier in the Top14 Final so these guys know how to do it. The Pool is now up for grabs with Exeter's defeat yesterday so Castres may just be minded to grab it.

Well, that's one assessment worth binning. However, if JP Doyle has a similar bin for performances he'ed prefer to forget, that's where he can put this one.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Agreed, thought he was very harsh on Castres.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Didn't see the Munster game at the w/e. Were they as bad as some of the press are suggesting, (even with their win).
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Hornet wrote:Didn't see the Munster game at the w/e. Were they as bad as some of the press are suggesting, (even with their win).
Didn't see much of the game but listened to it on the radio.
Casters aren't muck and the conditions were pretty bad by all accounts.
To answer your question it's a case of unrealistic expectations from down South and their media acolytes.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

I'm not one to usually take the side of TPFKAM but they were very hard done by in terms of refereeing.

https://twitter.com/threeredkings/statu ... 67232?s=19
Anyone But New Zealand
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

It bucketed down for the entire game. A real dirty tight game full of niggle from both sides. The type of game everyone wanted to see Joey play in at 10 to see how he'ed get on. Not great tbh, missed pens, missed kicks to touch and so on. Ross Byrne would have been ideal in that game, :lol:. Murray wasn't great either tbf. Only 1 team coming out of that group. Munster must avoid defeat over in Glocks.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

FLIP wrote:I'm not one to usually take the side of TPFKAM but they were very hard done by in terms of refereeing.

Out-Munstered?
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Population. That's pretty much the same sh!t they waffle on the42. Population isn't the big determining factor. Recognising talent and developing the talent is and Munster can't get either right. Portugal are defending European champions, France played Croatia in the world cup final, New Zealand are consistently the best team in the world. Ireland are grand slam champions. Where does the population narrative fit into any of this'
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Billy Keane in the INDO. :lol:
More redefining of Munsters allcomers squad.
For once he didn't mention that he was Johnny's uncle or whatever.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

The Province Formerly Known As Munster 2018-19

Post by artaneboy »

deco wrote:
FLIP wrote:I'm not one to usually take the side of TPFKAM but they were very hard done by in terms of refereeing.

Out-Munstered?
Ah that’s unfair. There was several contemptible acts of foul play by Castres in that game- way above the normal rough housing that all teams occasionally commit. If that SH doesn’t do time for the would be gouging (he did his best to cause damage) there’s no justice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

artaneboy wrote:
deco wrote:

Out-Munstered?
Ah that’s unfair. There was several contemptible acts of foul play by Castres in that game- way above the normal rough housing that all teams occasionally commit. If that SH doesn’t do time for the would be gouging (he did his best to cause damage) there’s no justice.
Well, it's not like Munster players have ever eye gouged anyone. They've stamped on heads, they've kicked people's heads, they've gouged people's eyes but they are not Communists.

But seriously, I agree. We'd be fuming if it was us.
Anyone But New Zealand
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

They've picked a 'travelling team' to go to Ravenhill. Only Haley & Arnold in the backs retained. They're putting Loughman up against Marty Moore, although he will have Klein behind him. Backrow is kids against Ulster first-choice. Points available for Ulster.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Lads. The Munster team was named nearly 2 hours ago and no one has seen fit to go through it and point out how many players in it were developed outside of Munster.

WTF? Are yiz going soft? Finally growing up? Bored with the joke? Say it ain't so. :(
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

johng wrote:Lads. The Munster team was named nearly 2 hours ago and no one has seen fit to go through it and point out how many players in it were developed outside of Munster.

WTF? Are yiz going soft? Finally growing up? Bored with the joke? Say it ain't so. :(
Leinster usually better than Munster (total guess) so maybe there's something to their logic. Maybe
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

johng wrote:Lads. The Munster team was named nearly 2 hours ago and no one has seen fit to go through it and point out how many players in it were developed outside of Munster.

We're busy googling to find out where everybody is from! give us a chance
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian