Wasps away info

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Rob Doyle
Beginner

Wasps away info

Post by Rob Doyle »

Hi all after a wet and flag less trip to bath I would like to pass on some info on the trip to wasps. The Ricoh arena is on a industrial estate well out of Coventry town centre. The bus that goes out there has that many stops you forget how many there are car and coach parks are a good walk if it rains you will get wet outside the ground there is no cover and worst horror of all no near by pubs . A taxi from town is a good option don't attempt to walk unless you do hiking to olimpic standard a train service runs from Coventry station one per hour with one carriage it's a joke on match days unless you are brave and like tinned anchovies you will be packed in like them. Birmingham or Solihull based Leinster fans could could use coaches run for rugby fans from. Edwardians FC Streetsbroke road Solihull the coaches are run by a Meath man called Joseph farrall a nut but great cric he will even help with tickets if you don't have them . I hope all this is of some use to you all . Rob Doyle
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Re: Wasps away info

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Rob Doyle wrote:Hi all after a wet and flag less trip to bath I would like to pass on some info on the trip to wasps. The Ricoh arena is on a industrial estate well out of Coventry town centre. The bus that goes out there has that many stops you forget how many there are car and coach parks are a good walk if it rains you will get wet outside the ground there is no cover and worst horror of all no near by pubs . A taxi from town is a good option don't attempt to walk unless you do hiking to olimpic standard a train service runs from Coventry station one per hour with one carriage it's a joke on match days unless you are brave and like tinned anchovies you will be packed in like them. Birmingham or Solihull based Leinster fans could could use coaches run for rugby fans from. Edwardians FC Streetsbroke road Solihull the coaches are run by a Meath man called Joseph farrall a nut but great cric he will even help with tickets if you don't have them . I hope all this is of some use to you all . Rob Doyle
Useful summary. Thanks Rob
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Have wasps stopped doing their bus from the train station for their supporters then?
Anyone But New Zealand
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Really hope the OLSC might be able to sort a bus to the airport after the game , Wonder is anyone else is on the flight out of Birmingham on Sunday evening ?.
Flying wedge
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

FLIP wrote:Have wasps stopped doing their bus from the train station for their supporters then?
Yeah I seem to remember some kind of shuttle bus ok.

I'll be arriving into Brum airport at midday . A monorail to the station and 11 mins to Coventry is how I remember it. Be a pain in the hole if you got that far and couldn't make the last 3 or 4 miles in a timely fashion
Dundalk 1
Bookworm

Post by Dundalk 1 »

johng wrote:
FLIP wrote:Have wasps stopped doing their bus from the train station for their supporters then?

I'll be arriving into Brum airport at midday . A monorail to the station and 11 mins to Coventry is how I remember it. Be a pain in the hole if you got that far and couldn't make the last 3 or 4 miles in a timely fashion
There are shuttle buses from the railway station to the Ricoh for all of Wasps matches
So unless they decide to do a Bath and to try to specifically discommode the Leinster traveling contingent there will be buses
Rob Doyle
Beginner

Post by Rob Doyle »

Hi all a little story about transport systems in England on a Sunday as I live over here I will let you all into a little secret it's a mess trains buses etc Coventry is small town a one time car industry town working on a Sunday was rare for most people car workers who now work on the buses trains etc tend not to turn up on a Sunday causing cancerllations don't rely on em if you leave it late you may miss start of game that said when I go home to Leinster games staying with family in ringsend it's not much of a walk even drinkiking locally in the vintage irishtown no problems the Ricoh arena is not near by its in the arsehole of Coventry the shuttle buses some of you all seam to be talking of are only any good if they turn up .Being a Birmingham based Leinster fan I know how this cr@p privatised transport system works in and around the Westmidlands it's not great on a Sunday and in Coventry it's the most cr@p as I said don't let them let you down that said enjoy your trip
Rob Doyle
Beginner

Post by Rob Doyle »

Good luck to you all and see you all there
Rob Doyle
Beginner

Post by Rob Doyle »

The shuttle buses are only any good if they come
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

johng wrote:

That will be me as well. Have made a quick dash across to Pool Meadow Bus Station before now. Plenty of buses from there to the Ricoh Stadium area.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Rob Doyle
Beginner

Post by Rob Doyle »

On a Sunday you brave person you sound so trusting me I don't trust em and never ever on a Sunday
Rob Doyle
Beginner

Post by Rob Doyle »

I hope the imfo I have supplied is some use to fellow Leinster fans now let's make sure we get our flags into the Ricoh arena after the bath debacle Birmingham & Solihull schools are getting given free tickets for this one I also think you can get em in lucky bags from the sweet shop as well
lotmc
Learner

Post by lotmc »

footrush wrote:Really hope the OLSC might be able to sort a bus to the airport after the game , Wonder is anyone else is on the flight out of Birmingham on Sunday evening ?.
We (me + son) are on the 19.55 Ryanair Birmingham to Dublin flight. This flight is now sold out - this can only be due to the Leinster game. So I suspect that there will be a good few Leinster supporters looking to get to Birmingham Airport after the game.

I've sent an email to OLSC / Leinster Rugby to see if they will be organising transport from the Ricoh to Birmingham airport after the game. I will report back when I hear back from them, or they may send out a notice about it. We should know soon.

If there isn't an official OLSC bus, there are lots of private minibus / bus operators in the area, and booking one of them wont be difficult.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Rob Doyle wrote:On a Sunday you brave person you sound so trusting me I don't trust em and never ever on a Sunday
Always got to and from the Ricoh with West Midlands Buses with no problem. If I want a cr@p Bus service I can always (not) rely on Dublin Bus, the most appalling major city Bus operation in Western Europe bar none.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Hornet wrote:
Rob Doyle wrote:On a Sunday you brave person you sound so trusting me I don't trust em and never ever on a Sunday
Always got to and from the Ricoh with West Midlands Buses with no problem. If I want a cr@p Bus service I can always (not) rely on Dublin Bus, the most appalling major city Bus operation in Western Europe bar none.
Oh I don't know about that. I raise you GoNorth East buses here in Newcastle. A company that sucks all-day, everyday. No matter what the time or weather they will find a way to gouge you, get in fights with other road users and not show up (all at the same time).
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

domhnallj wrote:
Hornet wrote:
Oh I don't know about that. I raise you GoNorth East buses here in Newcastle. A company that sucks all-day, everyday. No matter what the time or weather they will find a way to gouge you, get in fights with other road users and not show up (all at the same time).
The only good thing about Dublin's Buses is that Go-Ahead are taking over some routes. At last a proper transport company running Buses. Travelled extensively on Public Transport through the UK, Ireland and Europe and my heart still sinks when I walk out of Dublin Airport knowing that i've a cr@p journey that will take an indeterminate time to get me to Tallaght by Dublin Bus. I can get from East Croydon to Slough by bus quicker, (as I did the day before the Bath away game), than the trip across town (if the Bus decides to turn up).
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Hornet wrote:
The only good thing about Dublin's Buses is that Go-Ahead are taking over some routes. At last a proper transport company running Buses. Travelled extensively on Public Transport through the UK, Ireland and Europe and my heart still sinks when I walk out of Dublin Airport knowing that i've a cr@p journey that will take an indeterminate time to get me to Tallaght by Dublin Bus. I can get from East Croydon to Slough by bus quicker, (as I did the day before the Bath away game), than the trip across town (if the Bus decides to turn up).
45 mins on the "Airport Hopper"?

Not saying buses are great here or anything but as a regular user - they are ok
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

The Doc wrote:
Hornet wrote:
45 mins on the "Airport Hopper"?

Not saying buses are great here or anything but as a regular user - they are ok
Use the Airport 757 via the Tunnel, and see "Dockside Dublin" rather than Dorset Street for your arriving vista. Hop off on the Quays or D'Olier St and pick up a Luas or Bus to anywhere.

Best value and best route from the Airport. Goes to Camden St Terminus but good connecting points also.
Rob Doyle
Beginner

Post by Rob Doyle »

Hi all just wanted to help fellow Leinster fan by telling them the pitfalls around the Ricoh arena at least I found out transportation in Western Europe ain't much cop either don't forget your flags hide em down ya trouser leg if bath is to go by
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

lotmc wrote:
footrush wrote:Really hope the OLSC might be able to sort a bus to the airport after the game , Wonder is anyone else is on the flight out of Birmingham on Sunday evening ?.
We (me + son) are on the 19.55 Ryanair Birmingham to Dublin flight. This flight is now sold out - this can only be due to the Leinster game. So I suspect that there will be a good few Leinster supporters looking to get to Birmingham Airport after the game.

I've sent an email to OLSC / Leinster Rugby to see if they will be organising transport from the Ricoh to Birmingham airport after the game. I will report back when I hear back from them, or they may send out a notice about it. We should know soon.

If there isn't an official OLSC bus, there are lots of private minibus / bus operators in the area, and booking one of them wont be difficult.
Wonder is anyone else on this site hoping to do the same have been to this stadium a few times before and each time trying to get back to civilization has not been easy !.
Flying wedge