Leinster v Ulster

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Leinster v Ulster

Post by Oldschool »

backrower8 wrote:
hugonaut wrote:Deegan was prominent with and without the ball and completely outplayed Nick Timoney, who has been in good form for Ulster this season. Like a few other people, I would have preferred to see Doris get more time at blindside – Josh Murphy is a worker, but he's quite one-paced. It's tough to criticise a guy who does everything he's asked to do, but I'd like to see Deegan get the push at No8 AND keep Doris' rate of progression high.
So can we take it that, unlike Des Berry on independent.ie last week, you wouldn't be up for sending Deegan on loan anywhere?
He's not the only one who wouldn't be in favour of sending Deegan anywhere, any time.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

backrower8 wrote:
hugonaut wrote:Deegan was prominent with and without the ball and completely outplayed Nick Timoney, who has been in good form for Ulster this season. Like a few other people, I would have preferred to see Doris get more time at blindside – Josh Murphy is a worker, but he's quite one-paced. It's tough to criticise a guy who does everything he's asked to do, but I'd like to see Deegan get the push at No8 AND keep Doris' rate of progression high.
So can we take it that, unlike Des Berry on independent.ie last week, you wouldn't be up for sending Deegan on loan anywhere?
who is? bar Berry?
Last edited by mildlyinterested on January 7th, 2019, 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

mildlyinterested wrote:
backrower8 wrote:
who is bar Berry?
Isn’t he the policeman in South Park? :shock:
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Didn't he have a coast in north Africa?
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

The Berber barbers of barbary?
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

mildlyinterested wrote:
backrower8 wrote:
who is? bar Berry?
Do you think Berry really thinks that or was HE just writing an (unhelpful) click bait article over Christmas that went with the flow of general media commentary that for a month or so went along the lines of Deegan good but expendable while shinier-brighter, even younger (18months) Doris = BETTER a la Kieran Reid.... hype.... hype...etc"
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Well Doris was playing ahead of him and given Deegan's profile and talent level it hardly takes a genius to think a move elsewhere would be good for him.

Hell most journalists think leinster should lose a lot of squad players as the province has "too much talent"
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

mildlyinterested wrote:Well Doris was playing ahead of him and given Deegan's profile and talent level it hardly takes a genius to think a move elsewhere would be good for him.

Hell most journalists think leinster should lose a lot of squad players as the province has "too much talent"
Well it takes a journalist at Xmas to write a click bait article about Deegan going anywhere because he is in a wee slump and Doris gets picked ahead of him for 2 games.

What do YOU think is best for Leinster and Deegan?

Come to think of it...should Doris go on loan after a poor starting game against Connacht and being overlooked for Munster and only benched for Connacht?! #mytonguefirmlyincheek
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

hugonaut wrote:Josh Murphy is a worker, but he's quite one-paced. It's tough to criticise a guy who does everything he's asked to do, but I'd like to see Deegan get the push at No8 AND keep Doris' rate of progression high.
Given our always ongoing stream of back row talent do you think Murphy should move into the 2nd row? AFAIK he has played there a reasonable amount He is about 6'5"
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

johng wrote:
hugonaut wrote:Josh Murphy is a worker, but he's quite one-paced. It's tough to criticise a guy who does everything he's asked to do, but I'd like to see Deegan get the push at No8 AND keep Doris' rate of progression high.
Given our always ongoing stream of back row talent do you think Murphy should move into the 2nd row? AFAIK he has played there a reasonable amount He is about 6'5"
Murphy can't carry the weight required to be an effective scrummager at lock. And he played there fairly sparingly, if he could play the position at pro 14 level, he would have moved there already IMO.

Doris or Deegan should be play 6 ahead of him IMO, which may be a bit harsh but given limited minutes available to both seems the best use of the available resources.