A whiff of Cordite

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: A whiff of Cordite

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

paddyor wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:If myself and Joe Molloy are the only two people who follow the Pro14 and don't want to see sh!t games like that then fair enough.
There's no sh!t games ion the GP? Who could miss the winner takes 8th decider between these 2 poorly coached and not improving teams.
There are...but what's that got to do with anything I said?
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

hugonaut wrote: My recollection was that we gave Farrell an academy deal on the back of his [very good] performances in the JWC, when it looked as though Munster were going to give him an academy spot. Munster probably would have f*cked it up anyway, but we didn't do much better in this case.
Probably more chance of playing for them after being in our academy than theirs :lol:
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

laughable time spent covering leinster rugby on off the ball this week.

along with mot rugby podcasts who barely covered it too. :lol:

Carbery and Munster are priority.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

mildlyinterested wrote:laughable time spent covering leinster rugby on off the ball this week.

Only time I tuned in, EOS and Ward were talking (for an hour I think) about playing for Garryowen rugby club.
Even as someone who actually used to go to Garryowen games regularly, I found it singularly boring; how it was national broadcast material for an hour, I do not know.

It was all, pints here, unprofessional days there, bus down from Galway, pulling lads out of the pub to play against Sunday's Well (or whoever).
I mean the first time you heard Tony Ward played for Shamrock Rovers, and played in the UEFA cup (from your dad in the late 1980s), it was interesting, but at a certain point, it loses its lustre.
Last edited by curates_egg on January 18th, 2019, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

mildlyinterested wrote:laughable time spent covering leinster rugby on off the ball this week.

Better that than talking pure shite about us!
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Well in fairness the Edinburgh v Montpellier games is really where it's all at.
Munster v Exeter is really a battle to decide which of them goes thru with maybe a very slight chance of a home QF for Munster being a possibility if Edinburgh lose.
Sure there are a few other 'if', 'ands' and 'buts' but there is really no point in getting into them unless Edinburgh lose and get nought.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

olaf the fat wrote:

Better that than talking pure shite about us!
They spent more time talking about football and 1970's PE teaching college than us and as for Ulster well it must have been 30 March all things considered
Angelsea Angst
Bookworm

Post by Angelsea Angst »

If you think things are bad now just wait until Munster actually win something. It will be back to the bad old days of early 2009 when Leinster were constantly sneered at and Munster glorified.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Angelsea Angst wrote:If you think things are bad now just wait until Munster actually win something. It will be back to the bad old days of early 2009 when Leinster were constantly sneered at and Munster glorified.
Too true. My dream scenario is we meet and stuff them in the ERCC final!!!!!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

riocard911 wrote:
Angelsea Angst wrote:If you think things are bad now just wait until Munster actually win something. It will be back to the bad old days of early 2009 when Leinster were constantly sneered at and Munster glorified.
Too true. My dream scenario is we meet and stuff them in the ERCC final!!!!!
Yeah because your worst nightmare is the opposite of that.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Dave Flatman is a funny fecker
I have Bumbleflex
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

And they say Munster fans have a chip on their shoulder? :lol:
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Dave Cahill wrote:Dave Flatman is a funny fecker
He is! Best mixture of knowledge and humour in a pundit on TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Trying to use the media to help get selected is not a good look, especially on the eve of the 6N.

https://www.the42.ie/joey-carbery-irela ... 8-Jan2019/
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

ronk wrote:Trying to use the media to help get selected is not a good look, especially on the eve of the 6N.

https://www.the42.ie/joey-carbery-irela ... 8-Jan2019/
Zebo or Joey?

One cracking performance against a poor Prem team does not get you ahead of world player of the year in a World Cup year he might get a nod for Italy or Scotland to see what he can do, but the games fall poorly to make that set up.

I'm not convinced by his ability to run a game and if I was Joey I'd be more concerned at Byrne, Burns et al putting pressure on him for back up
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

“I’d love to start all five games but it’s up to Joe,” he continued. “Joe is the best person to pick the team and he knows what’s right so you’ve got to back whatever call he makes. I’d like to get game time but Ireland comes first and whoever the man for the job will get picked."
“I know if I get picked I’ll go out and do the job. I feel confident, but it’s up to Joe.”
Yeah explosive comments there from Joey, I mean where does he get off! Shocking stuff!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

It is a bit odd that one good performance surrounded by two not good in Europe have such a clamour around him though.

I don't blame Carbery for that, he answers the questions the way anyone would in his position. But just imagine he had stayed at leinster:would there be a clamour after one good performance in three to replace Sexton with him?
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

fourthirtythree wrote:It is a bit odd that one good performance surrounded by two not good in Europe have such a clamour around him though.

I don't blame Carbery for that, he answers the questions the way anyone would in his position. But just imagine he had stayed at leinster:would there be a clamour after one good performance in three to replace Sexton with him?
It was the goal of moving to Munster, he knew he would be gaining influencial boosters. He didn’t try to diffuse a story, he planned it.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

ronk wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:It is a bit odd that one good performance surrounded by two not good in Europe have such a clamour around him though.

It was the goal of moving to Munster, he knew he would be gaining influencial boosters. He didn’t try to diffuse a story, he planned it.
Jesus ronk, overreaction much!

It's an innocuous piece in which Carbery (like most players in a press conference) says little of note.

You'd think he screamed in Johnny's face of kneed him in the balls of something!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I'd say if he had played all our Euro games, kicked 20/20 and gotten a nomination for EPOTY there would be questions about him starting a 6N game since he's our backup international test 10 yeah.

FWIW I think it is important he starts at least once 6N game.

I think it's a bit of a hysterical reaction from ronk. When you actually read the piece, there's very, very little of note from Carbery.