Ulster 2018-2019

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

rooster
Seán Cronin

Re: Ulster 2018-2019

Post by rooster »

brotheroffrank wrote:The Ulster 2017-18 thread focused on issues other than rugby on the pitch...at least one commentator viewed them as a "basket case" toward the end of the season ...Ulster staff and squad have done really well in their resilience and determination to get the team back to the level it is at in this HEC, long may that continue to be reflected in this thread....
They have done a great job of turning things around, wonderful what happens with the removal of a few key individuals and replacing them with people who can do their job properly.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

rooster wrote:
brotheroffrank wrote:The Ulster 2017-18 thread focused on issues other than rugby on the pitch...at least one commentator viewed them as a "basket case" toward the end of the season ...Ulster staff and squad have done really well in their resilience and determination to get the team back to the level it is at in this HEC, long may that continue to be reflected in this thread....
They have done a great job of turning things around, wonderful what happens with the removal of a few key individuals and replacing them with people who can do their job properly.
Direction helps too. Hard not to feel like every decision was made by committee in the past 2 seasons.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Peg Leg wrote:
rooster wrote:
Direction helps too. Hard not to feel like every decision was made by committee in the past 2 seasons.
Well when you have Walter Mitty as a CEO and a spoofer as head coach nothing had much of a chance of working. Then loss of our 10 plus backup 10/12 compounded the whole affair. Payne missing as well didn't help but now he has settled in with his new role things are looking better, the end of this season in the league is going to be tough though to get into the HEC next season, we had too many poor results against sides that we should have beaten early season.
Things are looking better for next season squad wise and management wise but if we miss the cup then we are seriously cash strapped as there are clauses in the sponsors contracts that reduce the amount of money.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Murray Kinsella saying that Racing have released a statement condemning the racist abuse that Zebo got.

Absolutely horrible...that they would make a statement like that...oh and the racism thing isn't great either.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

FLIP wrote: I'll give you the benefit of the doubt with your lack of comprehension.

Given that he isn't specifying what it is, he hasn't reported it in any productive way, and his history of being someone that can give "the bantz" but can't take it, it's seeming likely this is just sour grapes.
Sorry, I'm not sure what you're saying here?

His 'history of being someone that can give "the bantz" but can't take it' has nothing to do with him getting racist abuse.

That's ridiculous.

And given Racing and Craig Doyle has now come out and supported him, it looks even more ridiculous!
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

Zebo was always going to be a target for sledging after the incident in the game in Paris. Wouldn't be surprised if one or two clowns crossed the line but it's hard on ulster getting this cr@p reflected on the club. Pity zebo couldn't stay off twitter Saturday night.
He's previously gotten an easy ride from the media on an embarrassing incident of his own AFAIK so you know...
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date this ban will be lifted: Never
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

The cynic in me is thinking.
Until not if.
Not if he/she/they said something then etc.
Until I hear/see proof then nothing happened.
Doubting Thomas had the rights of it.

An allegation has been made it should be investigated.
Until then.......
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
thecomedian
Beginner

Post by thecomedian »

tomthefan wrote:Zebo was always going to be a target for sledging after the incident in the game in Paris. Wouldn't be surprised if one or two clowns crossed the line but it's hard on ulster getting this cr@p reflected on the club. Pity zebo couldn't stay off twitter Saturday night.
He's previously gotten an easy ride from the media on an embarrassing incident of his own AFAIK so you know...
If it’s racist comments that were made to him then it’s on the club to deal with it. Disgusting... and Ulster would want to deal with it quickly.
The only thing Zebo should have done is highlight it so that it was clearly racist comments made towards him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

thecomedian wrote:
tomthefan wrote:Zebo was always going to be a target for sledging after the incident in the game in Paris. Wouldn't be surprised if one or two clowns crossed the line but it's hard on ulster getting this cr@p reflected on the club. Pity zebo couldn't stay off twitter Saturday night.
If it’s racist comments that were made to him then it’s on the club to deal with it. Disgusting... and Ulster would want to deal with it quickly.
The only thing Zebo should have done is highlight it so that it was clearly racist comments made towards him.

You're having a laugh.
Zebo has made an allegation.
He has to back it up.
That's one side of the equation.
The other side of the coin is that EPRC and Ulster have to investigate the allegations and as you say the sooner the better.
I'd be pretty sure neither you nor I know what is going on behind the scenes.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
thecomedian
Beginner

Post by thecomedian »

Oldschool wrote: You're having a laugh.
He has to back it up.
The other side of the coin is that EPRC and Ulster have to investigate the allegations and as you say the sooner the better.
Definitely not having a laugh, nothing too funny about racism.
Now IF you read my post I started with IF and I mean every bit of it.
There’s no place in rugby for it.

If it was racist comments then I would believe Zebo. He could have misheard but unlikely.

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

thecomedian wrote:
Oldschool wrote: You're having a laugh.
He has to back it up.
Definitely not having a laugh, nothing too funny about racism.
Now IF you read my post I started with IF and I mean every bit of it.
There’s no place in rugby for it.

If it was racist comments then I would believe Zebo. He could have misheard but unlikely.

If someone accused you of committing a crime that you didn't commit.
Is it up to you to prove you didn't commit the crime or
Is it up to the accuser to prove you did commit the crime.
If or until
Last edited by Oldschool on January 14th, 2019, 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

A more thoughtful approach from Zebo would have been for him to inform Ulster first, maybe via Racing.
Then Ulster could make a statement that they were investigating alleged racist abuse against
him and then give them a chance to back that up with actions before commenting about it again.
No reason was specified.

thecomedian
Beginner

Post by thecomedian »

In fairness if Zebo was racially abused then he can report it anyway he wants.

thecomedian
Beginner

Post by thecomedian »

Oldschool wrote:[

If or until
So what’s your point here?
Should someone that’s racially abused not say anything publicly but only to the authorities?

tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

thecomedian wrote:In fairness if Zebo was racially abused then he can report it anyway he wants.
Of course he can but the way he's done it is to effectively dump on Ulster and he more than any of his teammates would
know how much undeserved cr@p has already been dumped on the province over the last year or so.
No province in Ireland behaved with greater consideration towards Munster than Ulster did after the death of Anthony Foley.
Zebo would know that. He could have returned the favour a little bit.
No reason was specified.

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

thecomedian wrote:

If or until
Should someone that’s racially abused not say anything publicly but only to the authorities?

If someone accused you of being a racist and you weren't how would you feel about it?
thecomedian
Beginner

Post by thecomedian »

tomthefan wrote: Of course he can but the way he's done it is to effectively dump on Ulster and he more than any of his teammates would
know how much undeserved cr@p has already been dumped on the province over the last year or so.
No province in Ireland behaved with greater consideration towards Munster than Ulster did after the death of Anthony Foley.
Look it’s all still a big IF. But it’s being investigated.
Zebo owes nothing to Ulster.
If it’s true it’s the Ulster fan/fans that have let Ulster down not Zebo.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Oldschool wrote: If someone accused you of being a racist and you weren't how would you feel about it?
Zebo hasn't identified an individual though.
Jackie Brown
Knowledgeable

Post by Jackie Brown »

thecomedian wrote:
tomthefan wrote: Of course he can but the way he's done it is to effectively dump on Ulster and he more than any of his teammates would
Look it’s all still a big IF. But it’s being investigated.
Zebo owes nothing to Ulster.
If it’s true it’s the Ulster fan/fans that have let Ulster down not Zebo.
And if it's not true?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
STAND UP FOR THE ULSTERMEN!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Oldschool wrote:
thecomedian wrote:

If or until

If someone accused you of being a racist and you weren't how would you feel about it?

What a bizarre, victim blaming line of argument.

Zebo heard it, Craig Doyle heard it, other Ulster fans heard it and Racing Metro have made a statement on it.

You (and others) are letting your dislike of Zebo cloud your judgement here.