6Ns 2019

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

6Ns 2019

Postby Oldschool » December 8th, 2018, 7:49 pm

Long range forecast.
Both England and Wales will be far tougher propositions because this season is not a post Lions season.
Another GS is unlikely and the final game against Wales is likely to be the Championship decider.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
User avatar
Oldschool
Shane Horgan
 
Posts: 11824
Joined: March 27th, 2008, 2:10 pm

Re: 6Ns 2019

Postby dropkick » December 9th, 2018, 9:44 pm

Wales are away to France and Scotland and have England and Ireland at home. It'll be a tough task for them. They could fall flat on their faces if they lose the first game.


It'll be a tricky game. Gatland likes to keep the ball in play rather than five the opposition lineouts. They've also a disciplined defence which means there might be few lineout opportunities.
User avatar
dropkick
Mullet
 
Posts: 1490
Joined: January 2nd, 2007, 1:27 am
Location: Cork

Re: 6Ns 2019

Postby Dave Cahill » December 9th, 2018, 10:15 pm

dropkick wrote:Wales are away to France and Scotland and have England and Ireland at home. It'll be a tough task for them. They could fall flat on their faces if they lose the first game.


It'll be a tricky game. Gatland likes to keep the ball in play rather than five the opposition lineouts. They've also a disciplined defence which means there might be few lineout opportunities.
On the other hand, they have Ireland at home, a game that Ireland have never won under Schmidt
I have Bumbleflex
User avatar
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 21865
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 4:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business

Re: 6Ns 2019

Postby Oldschool » December 9th, 2018, 10:53 pm

Dave Cahill wrote:
dropkick wrote:Wales are away to France and Scotland and have England and Ireland at home. It'll be a tough task for them. They could fall flat on their faces if they lose the first game.


It'll be a tricky game. Gatland likes to keep the ball in play rather than five the opposition lineouts. They've also a disciplined defence which means there might be few lineout opportunities.
On the other hand, they have Ireland at home, a game that Ireland have never won under Schmidt

Joe loves a challenge.
Mind you so does Gatland.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
User avatar
Oldschool
Shane Horgan
 
Posts: 11824
Joined: March 27th, 2008, 2:10 pm

Re: 6Ns 2019

Postby sunshiner1 » December 12th, 2018, 3:21 am

England without Nowell, Itojie or Cokanasiga are weakened. Wales will be a tough nut. France embarassed themselves during the Authumn Internationals and there will be massive pressure to redemn themselves. They'll either come out all guns blazing or crack under the pressure.
sunshiner1
Enlightened
 
Posts: 858
Joined: October 13th, 2014, 9:07 pm

Re: 6Ns 2019

Postby Ruckedtobits » December 12th, 2018, 9:00 am

sunshiner1 wrote:England without Nowell, Itojie or Cokanasiga are weakened. Wales will be a tough nut. France embarassed themselves during the Authumn Internationals and there will be massive pressure to redemn themselves. They'll either come out all guns blazing or crack under the pressure.



You can Scotland to that mix. In all three games in the Autumn they looked strong up front with plenty of class and pace in the backs. Townsend is an excellent Head Coach and they'll be flying below the radar.
Ruckedtobits
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 4148
Joined: April 10th, 2011, 10:23 am

Re: 6Ns 2019

Postby sunshiner1 » January 18th, 2019, 3:25 am

No Underhill or Robshaw for England is going to hurt a lot. Jones talking about making Nowell a 7 :lol:

https://www.the42.ie/eddie-jones-jack-n ... 5-Jan2019/

Who would be the number 7 for England now with those two missing?
sunshiner1
Enlightened
 
Posts: 858
Joined: October 13th, 2014, 9:07 pm

Re: 6Ns 2019

Postby FLIP » January 18th, 2019, 8:27 am

sunshiner1 wrote:No Underhill or Robshaw for England is going to hurt a lot. Jones talking about making Nowell a 7 :lol:

https://www.the42.ie/eddie-jones-jack-n ... 5-Jan2019/

Who would be the number 7 for England now with those two missing?


Tom Curry is next in line.
Anyone But New Zealand
FLIP
Mullet
 
Posts: 1608
Joined: May 22nd, 2009, 1:00 am

Re: 6Ns 2019

Postby Peg Leg » January 18th, 2019, 11:44 am

sunshiner1 wrote:No Underhill or Robshaw for England is going to hurt a lot. Jones talking about making Nowell a 7 :lol:

https://www.the42.ie/eddie-jones-jack-n ... 5-Jan2019/

Who would be the number 7 for England now with those two missing?
Underhill missing out is a joke
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
User avatar
Peg Leg
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 9087
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 6:08 pm
Location: Procrastinasia

Re: 6Ns 2019

Postby johng » January 18th, 2019, 11:45 am

He mangled himself and is long term injured

Some English Paper wrote:Sam Underhill will miss the entire Six Nations campaign after the England flanker underwent surgery on his injured ankle, with Bath confirming that he will not return until mid-April.
User avatar
johng
Jamie Heaslip
 
Posts: 17857
Joined: March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 pm
Location: Behind You!!

Re: 6Ns 2019

Postby Peg Leg » January 18th, 2019, 5:11 pm

johng wrote:He mangled himself and is long term injured

Some English Paper wrote:Sam Underhill will miss the entire Six Nations campaign after the England flanker underwent surgery on his injured ankle, with Bath confirming that he will not return until mid-April.
That is really bad timing. Thanks Jg
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
User avatar
Peg Leg
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 9087
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 6:08 pm
Location: Procrastinasia

Re: 6Ns 2019

Postby Oldschool » January 19th, 2019, 9:42 pm

Who'd be an Irish coach?
https://m.independent.ie/sport/rugby/george-hook-joe-schmidt-may-well-be-the-worst-coachselector-in-irish-rugby-history-34756207.html
With a bit of luck we will get a similar prediction/preview for the forthcoming 6N
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
User avatar
Oldschool
Shane Horgan
 
Posts: 11824
Joined: March 27th, 2008, 2:10 pm

Re: 6Ns 2019

Postby ronk » January 20th, 2019, 5:37 am

Jack McGrath had knee surgery to correct a long running (post Lions) niggle. Hope it's fully fixed, it'd be nice to have him back at his best.
User avatar
ronk
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 9663
Joined: April 9th, 2009, 12:42 am

Re: 6Ns 2019

Postby Fireworks » January 20th, 2019, 7:07 pm

Oldschool wrote:Who'd be an Irish coach?
https://m.independent.ie/sport/rugby/george-hook-joe-schmidt-may-well-be-the-worst-coachselector-in-irish-rugby-history-34756207.html
With a bit of luck we will get a similar prediction/preview for the forthcoming 6N


A perfect example of why not to listen to anything that comes from Hook which relates to Rugby. It is an article that comes from the worst tradition of knee jerk sack the manager soccer journalism when there is anything but an immediate success.

For my prediction I would go with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hamKl-su8PE
User avatar
Fireworks
Mullet
 
Posts: 1563
Joined: October 7th, 2010, 5:39 pm

Re: 6Ns 2019

Postby suisse » January 22nd, 2019, 1:39 pm

Still can't see a Grand Slam for Ireland or any one. Don't think France will be anything more than tough to break down but they'll probably finish 5th with one win.

Can see Ireland beating England, France, Italy and Scotland but losing to Wales.
Wales beating England, France, Ireland and Italy but losing to Scotland.
England beating France, Scotland and Italy but losing narrowly in Dublin and Cardiff.
Scotland to beat France, Italy and Wales but lose to Ireland and England.
France to only beat Italy.

Leaving 2 teams on 4 wins, 2 on 3 wins and France on 1. Bonus points. Wales to win the championship.
User avatar
suisse
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 4873
Joined: April 2nd, 2007, 12:23 am
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Re: 6Ns 2019

Postby Lar » January 22nd, 2019, 1:57 pm

Wow, interesting set of results there. You should put a fiver on them all to turn out like that. I would say you would get huge odds.
Four Stars
User avatar
Lar
Mullet
 
Posts: 1666
Joined: May 18th, 2011, 6:18 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: 6Ns 2019

Postby suisse » January 22nd, 2019, 2:40 pm

Lar wrote:Wow, interesting set of results there. You should put a fiver on them all to turn out like that. I would say you would get huge odds.


I went onto PP and for some reason they won't let me put all 15 games in an accum, just play loads of doubles, trebles etc

I might live chat them this week and see if they will
User avatar
suisse
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 4873
Joined: April 2nd, 2007, 12:23 am
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Re: 6Ns 2019

Postby scentofgunpowder » January 22nd, 2019, 2:56 pm

suisse wrote:Still can't see a Grand Slam for Ireland or any one. Don't think France will be anything more than tough to break down but they'll probably finish 5th with one win.

Can see Ireland beating England, France, Italy and Scotland but losing to Wales.
Wales beating England, France, Ireland and Italy but losing to Scotland.
England beating France, Scotland and Italy but losing narrowly in Dublin and Cardiff.
Scotland to beat France, Italy and Wales but lose to Ireland and England.
France to only beat Italy.

Leaving 2 teams on 4 wins, 2 on 3 wins and France on 1. Bonus points. Wales to win the championship.


I largely concur, although I don't think Scotland will win in France.
scentofgunpowder
Bookworm
 
Posts: 122
Joined: April 15th, 2016, 6:09 pm

Re: 6Ns 2019

Postby MylesNaGapoleen » January 22nd, 2019, 7:38 pm

suisse wrote:Still can't see a Grand Slam for Ireland or any one. Don't think France will be anything more than tough to break down but they'll probably finish 5th with one win.

Can see Ireland beating England, France, Italy and Scotland but losing to Wales.
Wales beating England, France, Ireland and Italy but losing to Scotland.
England beating France, Scotland and Italy but losing narrowly in Dublin and Cardiff.
Scotland to beat France, Italy and Wales but lose to Ireland and England.
France to only beat Italy.

Leaving 2 teams on 4 wins, 2 on 3 wins and France on 1. Bonus points. Wales to win the championship.


not a bad shout. hope you are wrong though...I have tickets for the last game in cardiff.

The welsh haven't done well in european or challenge cup...or the pro14 for that matter....which means they will be mostly injury free and gatlands last 6 nations. Like I say, you could be right but I hope you are wrong....
User avatar
MylesNaGapoleen
Enlightened
 
Posts: 876
Joined: September 18th, 2009, 11:04 am

Re: 6Ns 2019

Postby sunshiner1 » January 23rd, 2019, 2:39 am

Jonathan Joseph added to the England squad. A player I rate but you wonder how match sharp he will be. Also is Zach Mercer injured? Don't see him in the England squad.
sunshiner1
Enlightened
 
Posts: 858
Joined: October 13th, 2014, 9:07 pm

Next

Return to International Rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SemrushBot [Bot], Trendiction-Bot [Bot] and 1 guest