6Ns 2019

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

6Ns 2019

Post by Oldschool »

Long range forecast.
Both England and Wales will be far tougher propositions because this season is not a post Lions season.
Another GS is unlikely and the final game against Wales is likely to be the Championship decider.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Re: 6Ns 2019

Post by dropkick »

Wales are away to France and Scotland and have England and Ireland at home. It'll be a tough task for them. They could fall flat on their faces if they lose the first game.

It'll be a tricky game. Gatland likes to keep the ball in play rather than five the opposition lineouts. They've also a disciplined defence which means there might be few lineout opportunities.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

dropkick wrote:Wales are away to France and Scotland and have England and Ireland at home. It'll be a tough task for them. They could fall flat on their faces if they lose the first game.

It'll be a tricky game. Gatland likes to keep the ball in play rather than five the opposition lineouts. They've also a disciplined defence which means there might be few lineout opportunities.
On the other hand, they have Ireland at home, a game that Ireland have never won under Schmidt
I have Bumbleflex
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Dave Cahill wrote:
dropkick wrote:Wales are away to France and Scotland and have England and Ireland at home. It'll be a tough task for them. They could fall flat on their faces if they lose the first game.

On the other hand, they have Ireland at home, a game that Ireland have never won under Schmidt
Joe loves a challenge.
Mind you so does Gatland.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

England without Nowell, Itojie or Cokanasiga are weakened. Wales will be a tough nut. France embarassed themselves during the Authumn Internationals and there will be massive pressure to redemn themselves. They'll either come out all guns blazing or crack under the pressure.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

sunshiner1 wrote:England without Nowell, Itojie or Cokanasiga are weakened. Wales will be a tough nut. France embarassed themselves during the Authumn Internationals and there will be massive pressure to redemn themselves. They'll either come out all guns blazing or crack under the pressure.

You can Scotland to that mix. In all three games in the Autumn they looked strong up front with plenty of class and pace in the backs. Townsend is an excellent Head Coach and they'll be flying below the radar.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

No Underhill or Robshaw for England is going to hurt a lot. Jones talking about making Nowell a 7 :lol:

https://www.the42.ie/eddie-jones-jack-n ... 5-Jan2019/

Who would be the number 7 for England now with those two missing?
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

sunshiner1 wrote:No Underhill or Robshaw for England is going to hurt a lot. Jones talking about making Nowell a 7 :lol:

Tom Curry is next in line.
Anyone But New Zealand
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

sunshiner1 wrote:No Underhill or Robshaw for England is going to hurt a lot. Jones talking about making Nowell a 7 :lol:

Underhill missing out is a joke
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

He mangled himself and is long term injured
Some English Paper wrote:Sam Underhill will miss the entire Six Nations campaign after the England flanker underwent surgery on his injured ankle, with Bath confirming that he will not return until mid-April.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

johng wrote:He mangled himself and is long term injured
Some English Paper wrote:Sam Underhill will miss the entire Six Nations campaign after the England flanker underwent surgery on his injured ankle, with Bath confirming that he will not return until mid-April.
That is really bad timing. Thanks Jg
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Who'd be an Irish coach?
https://m.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ge ... 56207.html
With a bit of luck we will get a similar prediction/preview for the forthcoming 6N
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Jack McGrath had knee surgery to correct a long running (post Lions) niggle. Hope it's fully fixed, it'd be nice to have him back at his best.
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

Oldschool wrote:Who'd be an Irish coach?
https://m.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ge ... 56207.html
With a bit of luck we will get a similar prediction/preview for the forthcoming 6N
A perfect example of why not to listen to anything that comes from Hook which relates to Rugby. It is an article that comes from the worst tradition of knee jerk sack the manager soccer journalism when there is anything but an immediate success.

For my prediction I would go with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hamKl-su8PE
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Still can't see a Grand Slam for Ireland or any one. Don't think France will be anything more than tough to break down but they'll probably finish 5th with one win.

Can see Ireland beating England, France, Italy and Scotland but losing to Wales.
Wales beating England, France, Ireland and Italy but losing to Scotland.
England beating France, Scotland and Italy but losing narrowly in Dublin and Cardiff.
Scotland to beat France, Italy and Wales but lose to Ireland and England.
France to only beat Italy.

Leaving 2 teams on 4 wins, 2 on 3 wins and France on 1. Bonus points. Wales to win the championship.
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

Wow, interesting set of results there. You should put a fiver on them all to turn out like that. I would say you would get huge odds.
Four Stars
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Lar wrote:Wow, interesting set of results there. You should put a fiver on them all to turn out like that. I would say you would get huge odds.
I went onto PP and for some reason they won't let me put all 15 games in an accum, just play loads of doubles, trebles etc

I might live chat them this week and see if they will
scentofgunpowder
Bookworm

Post by scentofgunpowder »

suisse wrote:Still can't see a Grand Slam for Ireland or any one. Don't think France will be anything more than tough to break down but they'll probably finish 5th with one win.

Can see Ireland beating England, France, Italy and Scotland but losing to Wales.
England beating France, Scotland and Italy but losing narrowly in Dublin and Cardiff.

Leaving 2 teams on 4 wins, 2 on 3 wins and France on 1. Bonus points. Wales to win the championship.
I largely concur, although I don't think Scotland will win in France.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

suisse wrote:Still can't see a Grand Slam for Ireland or any one. Don't think France will be anything more than tough to break down but they'll probably finish 5th with one win.

not a bad shout. hope you are wrong though...I have tickets for the last game in cardiff.

The welsh haven't done well in european or challenge cup...or the pro14 for that matter....which means they will be mostly injury free and gatlands last 6 nations. Like I say, you could be right but I hope you are wrong....
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Jonathan Joseph added to the England squad. A player I rate but you wonder how match sharp he will be. Also is Zach Mercer injured? Don't see him in the England squad.