Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: As it stands - Heineken cup 2019

Post by Oldschool »

blockhead wrote:
carlow man wrote:
blockhead wrote:
Earls, Conway, Carbery, Murray. Those lads are as skillful as anyone out there. The other lads aren't too bad either. Felix Jones, he's out of his depth.
Carbery is but not the others. We know why that is. I've yet to see a backline move from Munster where I've sat and thought 'that was class'.
Come on man. Keith Earls is a fantastic player, world class winger. Conway, is now putting in displays that he had promised when he was a youngster. Murray, just about the best scrum half in the world. Sweetman, Farrell, Scanell are not half bad either. Gameplan/poor coaching are restricting their play. Can you imagine what Lancaster could do with those lads.
Make something of them?
Just as well that Jocifora can't tell Stuart where to report.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Who gives a fuk how they're doing it? They're winning "the TPFKAM: way, we're winning "The Leinster way", so everyone's delighted, no?
Ulster are the snake in the grass hrre folks, we'll talk winningest when we meet with some silverware at stake.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

carlow man wrote:It's rugby from the dark ages. The only backline move they created against us came from a mistake. Earls taking a pass that was meant for carbery. Munster don't have the skillset or the gameplan from the coaches to produce it. Every time they are up against it they just kick and chase. And somehow people think this makes them one of the top sides in Europe. They may aswell not have a backs coach as they just feed off mistakes from the opposition and turnover ball then try to spin it wide for conway to either chase a grubber or hope that he finds a bit of space to run past his marker. It would be a joke if they ended up getting to the final and god forbid they won it. We would never hear the end of it!
Pro14 and European semi-finalists last year, topped their Heineken Cup pool and topping their conference this year. Of course they're one of the top teams in Europe.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Leinster lost last time they faced Munster, they can lose again. They are very much a threat to us, thanks to their imports from Leinster they are much stronger than last season.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

mildlyinterested wrote:Leinster lost last time they faced Munster, they can lose again. They are very much a threat to us, thanks to their imports from Leinster they are much stronger than last season.
on paper, yeah. in reality leinster down to 14 looked the more likely to win up until the intercept. leinster imports (and Beirne in particular) have made a diff, but, I think they are struggling with building any sort of backline threat...they miss zebo and are doing really well despite that. Not sure if they would have the nous to beat saracens if they get past edinburgh. I reckon munster fans, who know their rugby, will see a semi final place as a huge achievement for munster this season, they are buliding nicely but I think if we met them again this season it wouldn't be much of a contest.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

That's how Munster fans felt 10 years ago
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Laighin Break wrote:
carlow man wrote:It's rugby from the dark ages. The only backline move they created against us came from a mistake. Earls taking a pass that was meant for carbery. Munster don't have the skillset or the gameplan from the coaches to produce it. Every time they are up against it they just kick and chase. And somehow people think this makes them one of the top sides in Europe. They may aswell not have a backs coach as they just feed off mistakes from the opposition and turnover ball then try to spin it wide for conway to either chase a grubber or hope that he finds a bit of space to run past his marker. It would be a joke if they ended up getting to the final and god forbid they won it. We would never hear the end of it!
Pro14 and European semi-finalists last year, topped their Heineken Cup pool and topping their conference this year. Of course they're one of the top teams in Europe.
... and Pro14 finalists and European semi-finalists the year previous to that as well [2016-17]. Serious team.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

mildlyinterested wrote:Leinster lost last time they faced Munster, they can lose again. They are very much a threat to us, thanks to their imports from Leinster they are much stronger than last season.
True but still wouldn't be working ourselves into a lather.
Saracens and Racing would be far tougher nuts to crack.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

johng wrote:That's how Munster fans felt 10 years ago
Ten years later and Munster still haven't moved on.
We have, by a lot.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

hugonaut wrote:
Laighin Break wrote:
... and Pro14 finalists and European semi-finalists the year previous to that as well [2016-17]. Serious team.
Pro 12 champs in fairness
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Oldschool wrote:
johng wrote:That's how Munster fans felt 10 years ago
Ten years later and Munster still haven't moved on.
We have, by a lot.
Some of our fans haven't.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:on paper, yeah. in reality leinster down to 14 looked the more likely to win up until the intercept. leinster imports (and Beirne in particular) have made a diff, but, I think they are struggling with building any sort of backline threat...they miss zebo and are doing really well despite that. Not sure if they would have the nous to beat saracens if they get past edinburgh. I reckon munster fans, who know their rugby, will see a semi final place as a huge achievement for munster this season, they are buliding nicely but I think if we met them again this season it wouldn't be much of a contest.
This was the nadir

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2 ... rs#Munster

Since then.

It's built. Squad hasn't been that strong in a long time. The tight 5 is a serious unit, they've back up at 9 & 10 and they've decent back up centres. Losing Zebo and Ryan(at his age) is more than offset by Haley, Mathewson, Carbery, Botha & Beirne.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

a lot of rugby before May but am hoping for a saracens v leinster final in newcastle now after that loss on saturday to england.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:a lot of rugby before May but am hoping for a saracens v leinster final in newcastle now after that loss on saturday to england.
Well one good thing about Saturday, for the Leinster players, is that it was a good lesson in not becoming to complacent (if a lesson was necessary). I'm sure Ulster would like to see themselves in the role of "England" for this match anyway.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

i'm more worried about getting leinster players back intact from ireland.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Come on Mildly. Help me to help you :D

MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

well....lets see how the saracens lads pan out in the rest of the 6N. We have lost toner and maybe a few others. Here is hoping we don't lose more
before the 6N started I would have been happy with a top 2, fifth star and a pro 14. it is still on...but..injuries are stacking up.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

LeinsterLeader wrote:Come on Mildly. Help me to help you :D

toner gone already.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

He'll be back before mako
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

LeinsterLeader wrote:Come on Mildly. Help me to help you :D

None of them negative waves!
There's gold around here somewhere.
Or is it silver?