6Ns 2019

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Re: 6Ns 2019

Post by neill_m »

Italy 23 V Scotland.

15. Jayden Hayward (Benetton) 14. Angelo Esposito (Benetton) 13. Luca Morisi (Benetton) 12. Tommaso Castello (Zebre) 11. Michele Campagnaro (Wasps) 10. Tommaso Allan (Benetton) 9. Tito Tebaldi (Benetton) 1. Andrea Lovotti (Zebre) 2. Leonardo Ghiraldini (Toulouse) 3. Simone Ferrari (Benetton) 4. David Sisi (Zebre) 5. Dean Budd (Benetton) 6. Sebastian Negri (Benetton) 7. Abraham Steyn (Benetton) 8. Sergio Parisse (Stade Francais) (c)

16. Luca Bigi (Benetton) 17. Cherif Traore (Benetton) 18. Tiziano Pasquali (Benetton) 19. Federico Ruzza (Benetton) 20. Jimmy Tuivaiti (Zebre) 21. Guglielmo Palazzani (Zebre) 22. Ian McKinley (Benetton) 23. Edoardo Padovani (Zebre)

Benetton 14, Zebre 6 and 3 Others.

Sergio Parisse will set a new Guinness Six Nations record on Saturday afternoon when he lines up against Scotland for his 66th appearance in the 6N. The Azzurri skipper starts at No.8, going clear of Brian O’Driscoll’s previous total of 65. Leonardo Ghiraldini wins his 100th cap as he starts at hooker.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

It looks like there are big gaps in the crowd in Stade de France. 5 nil to France after 7 minutes.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

6Ns 2019

Post by artaneboy »

Liam Williams scorns a pass for a near walk-in try and then loses the ball in the tackle. Couldn’t happen a nice man...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

In fairness- great comeback by Wales.

"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

Granted conditions are awful but France are all over the shop.
JohnB
Graduate

Post by JohnB »

France or Italy for the wooden spoon? France’s game management in the 2nd half was atrocious. North’s 2nd try was a farcical gift from the French back line.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Crazy game. The kind of jammy win that sets you up. Wales were awful and relied on France.

Can't understand how the pundits on tv3 thought France would win, on form Wales should hockey them. We under rate Wales in general. But God, both sides were awful.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Form in terms of results maybe but I don't think Wales have been good and France have actually had some decent performances, just don't know how to win.

I still can't comprehend how Wales won, not sure I've ever seen a team bottle it the way France did. Bodes well for a good championship anyway!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I'm a bit shocked by how bad Italy are, literally every element of their performance is poor. I know they don't have the players but they're a total shambles, the coaches seem to have done a terrible job.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

gift nations.

france gifted wales 2 tries...and we did the same yesterday (sexton & stockdale) both in similar circumstances....an intercept and a try line fumble.
Italy weren't as bad as I thought they would be.
Looking forward to the rest of the games. I have tickets for wales v ireland so hoping we keep an interest to the end...and england slip up along the way.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

England burning France at the stake.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Oldschool wrote:England burning France at the stake.
With almost the exact same tactic. First-half, seven kicks to Penaud's (right) wing with a hat-trick for Jonny May and big carriers up the middle. Constant kicking by Parra and Lopez from the French but poor chasing.

Really poor French performance but for at least three of Farrell's kicks, May has been ahead of the kicker. Can't say how poor France have been. Penaud has tried, so have Huget and Picamoles and Bemba, but nobody else.
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

England kicking / grubbers into back field space has been outstanding...a viable alternative to the constant pommelling of our one off runners....
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

France are shocking. England are playing well and all, but theres no excuse for the complete disorganisation on every level in the French team
I have Bumbleflex
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Shocking stuff from France, not much better from Owens, great short kicking from England

Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

What price M. Schmidt as French National Coach by August 2020, following a 7 month sabbatical?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Ruckedtobits wrote:What price M. Schmidt as French National Coach by August 2020, following a 7 month sabbatical?
The only problem is that he'd have to pick French players
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

They just put in one of the worst performances in 6N nations history and combined with last week they've put in one of the worst 120 minutes of rugby in 6N nations history...and yet they could end up troubling us in a few weeks or even getting to a World Cup final :lol:

It really was awful in every single respect. Not calling for high balls, stupid penalties, losing the ball in contact, all so basic. That's before you even talk about the lack of analysis on England's performance last week and the fact that they didn't even try to address any of the mistakes they made against Wales.

A disgrace.
ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

The only positive is that England have got their cockiness back now, rather than the hunger in the Ireland game.
...a beautiful weighted pass...it is 3 on 2...it is 3 on 1...Hickie!...Magnificent!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I need to complain about them more, just one thing that really sums them up.

I think it's highly questionable that Huget was picked last week. He had a nightmare for reasons that are evident in most games that he plays, particularly that hes lazy and loses concentration. Yet they picked him again...and not only did they pick him again...but they put him to fullback...against an England team that ruthlessly went after our back three last week with five players in their backline who all put in kicks that killed our back three. Mind boggling!