A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Re: As it stands - Heineken cup 2019

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

FLIP wrote:
desperado wrote:
wixfjord wrote:I'd absolutely love to see how we'd go on that Racing pitch. I'd say guys like Conan, Larmour and Ringrose would relish it!

Mental place to play rugby too. Yesterday they had a ski lodge chalet thing behind the goal with a band playing!

Must be a benefit to Racing's conditioning to be playing in that heat every other week too.
Not doing much for Zeebs conditioning; he could do with a few sessions in a sauna.
Look at it this way - how rotund would he be without the sauna?
perhaps he has hooked up with serge blanco as his dinner buddy over there.

zebo: Ah sure, I remember you in dublin in 88, running the ball from every fekin where, boy!
blanco: have another Camembert pie zeeebs.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Much as a home semi-final vs Toulouse would increase our chances of making the final, I would effin' love - should we beat Ulster and Racing win their 1/4 final - for Leinster to go to Paris and put one over on Zeebs and his new pals in their shiny pleasure palace!!!
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

riocard911 wrote:Much as a home semi-final vs Toulouse would increase our chances of making the final, I would effin' love - should we beat Ulster and Racing win their 1/4 final - for Leinster to go to Paris and put one over on Zeebs and his new pals in their shiny pleasure palace!!!
Would prefer toulouse at home to be honest.

Sadly, there were a lot of munster supporters in bilbao with custom blue and white, racing style, t-shirts on with Zebos face on them. So sad. It didn't take away from the weekend...great game on the friday when cardiff blues won in the last minute and we sneaked it on sat. No sign of those munster racing/zebo shirts after the game btw....they either changed or scarpered quickly.
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

desperado wrote:
wixfjord wrote:I'd absolutely love to see how we'd go on that Racing pitch. I'd say guys like Conan, Larmour and Ringrose would relish it!

Mental place to play rugby too. Yesterday they had a ski lodge chalet thing behind the goal with a band playing!

Must be a benefit to Racing's conditioning to be playing in that heat every other week too.
Not doing much for Zeebs conditioning; he could do with a few sessions in a sauna.
Jesus the front on views are not at all flattering....someone has been nibbling on the pies.....astonishing really for a professional winger
half way through a season....indictment really of the overall state of French rugby.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

riocard911 wrote:Much as a home semi-final vs Toulouse would increase our chances of making the final, I would effin' love - should we beat Ulster and Racing win their 1/4 final - for Leinster to go to Paris and put one over on Zeebs and his new pals in their shiny pleasure palace!!!
SF would be in a venue selected by EPRC.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

paddyor wrote:
AFAIK, they green lighted Racing's home ground last week for this very eventuality.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

paddyor wrote:
racings venue is 32,000 capacity. Which I think would be acceptable by the EPRC, I was at the Clermont v Leinster Semi in Lyon a few years ago and I think that stadium (which was full and could have been in a bigger stadium) has a capacity of 25,000.

My money is on toulouse winning the quarters....and an aviva semi final....
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:Sadly, there were a lot of munster supporters in bilbao with custom blue and white, racing style, t-shirts on with Zebos face on them. So sad. It didn't take away from the weekend...great game on the friday when cardiff blues won in the last minute and we sneaked it on sat. No sign of those munster racing/zebo shirts after the game btw....they either changed or scarpered quickly.
It always amazes me the expense that Munster fans are willing to go to support the teams playing against Leinster in our European Cup finals.

I didn’t see it in Murrayfield in 2009, probably because it was our first final and Munster thought they’d be back on top, but from Cardiff to Bilbao, there has been a pretty significant number of Munster lads wearing the opposition jersey but customised in some Munster way.

Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Serb wrote:
MylesNaGapoleen wrote:Sadly, there were a lot of munster supporters in bilbao with custom blue and white, racing style, t-shirts on with Zebos face on them. So sad. It didn't take away from the weekend...great game on the friday when cardiff blues won in the last minute and we sneaked it on sat. No sign of those munster racing/zebo shirts after the game btw....they either changed or scarpered quickly.
It always amazes me the expense that Munster fans are willing to go to support the teams playing against Leinster in our European Cup finals.

I didn’t see it in Murrayfield in 2009, probably because it was our first final and Munster thought they’d be back on top, but from Cardiff to Bilbao, there has been a pretty significant number of Munster lads wearing the opposition jersey but customised in some Munster way.

Look like the two who sat in front of me in Bilbao, trying to wind up us Leinster supporters. Such a joy to see their smug looks wiped out when Racing missed the drop goal attempt at the end. I also remember that in 2009, our charter flight tour guide for the final was resplendently dressed in his Munster top. Makes it a lot easier not to support them in games against other teams.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

So what? They're entitled to support whoever they want. If they want to support us, great, if they don't great.

My personal method is that I support whichever team benefits Leinster - so if an Irish team's win benefits Leinster, wrap the green flag 'round me boys - if not, then make sure that soup is hot!
I have Bumbleflex
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Your last line Hornet is an admission that you are just the same as the lads you are complaining about. :lol:

Perhaps to a lesser extent. But if they were playing London Irish would you not maybe show up in your Sean O'Brien LI jersey?

When I ask any Leinster fans (who hate Munster) why they do so. They enevitably mention something about how their fans were mean or classless to them when they were on top.

It's a bit like asking Electricians why they are such bastids to apprentices. (Cause electricians were bastids to them when they were apprentices)

While we have all met tossers who are Munster fans there are likely a similar proportion of Leinsterfans who are tossers in a similar way. If you don't believe me it's because you never met them while wearing a Munster jersey.

We are all free to hate or support who we like. Personally I don't like to waste brain cycles on hating. It just makes you bitter. But for those who do. Enjoy. Some people love bitterness.:)
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Serb wrote:

I did bump into some munster fans later on the saturday night out on the lash, wearing their munster tops, who thought it was embarrassing and small minded (the zebo racing jerseys). didn't see any munster fans wearing their bespoke racing jerseys out on the saturday night I might add....

I was there with 6 leinster buddies, an ulster fan and a friend who is welsh (cardiff blues fan). All jerseyed up for the saturday apart from the ulster fan who donned a spare leinster jersey I had. He wore his Ulster jersey on the friday night for the blues v gloucester game but on the saturday he switched to a leinster jersey. "I cheer these lads when they slap on an Irish jersey....and Ulster is always taking in leinster academy players....why not?" he said. Fair play.

In the same breath, I go every year with my buddies regardless of who is in the finals, it is great craic and a great rugby weekend. Rugby fans tend to jersey up in their own team colours regardless of who is playing. If Leinster don't make it this year and munster or ulster do..we would still wear our leinster jerseys but snag a munster or ulster scarf to show our support for the irish team.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

johng wrote:Your last line Hornet is an admission that you are just the same as the lads you are complaining about. :lol:

Perhaps to a lesser extent. But if they were playing London Irish would you not maybe show up in your Sean O'Brien LI jersey?
No, I'd be a neutral (as I have been many times). I wouldn't wear my Leinster gear. I have no interest in any other province, I just hope for an entertaining game. If people get their kicks in the way those two (and others do), as WUM's then I will take delight when it all goes tits up for them.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

No Dan Carter return for Racing anyway

https://www.the42.ie/dan-carter-barred- ... 0-Mar2019/
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

LeinsterLeader wrote:No Dan Carter return for Racing anyway

https://www.the42.ie/dan-carter-barred- ... 0-Mar2019/
Delighted
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

Toulouse continuing their winning ways with another away win in Paris vs Stade Francais.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

desperado wrote:Toulouse continuing their winning ways with another away win in Paris vs Stade Francais.
Noted one D Coulson on bench for Stade. When did he join them?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Ruckedtobits wrote:
desperado wrote:Toulouse continuing their winning ways with another away win in Paris vs Stade Francais.
Noted one D Coulson on bench for Stade. When did he join them?
week or two ago as a medical joker.
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Zack Holmes just sent off for Toulouse in an otherwise very entertaining game. Shame, don’t fancy going to Paris in the semis to be honest.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

19 10 to Toulouse approaching half time