Injuries

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Re: Injuries

Post by neiliog93 »

Oldschool wrote:
Barry wrote:day going from bad to worse :- "O’Brien a doubt for Scotland game as Toner ruled out for two months"
Not really a surprise tbh.
I presume Ruddock will be on the bench if SOB doesn't make it.
Jordi Murphy more likely IMO.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

neiliog93 wrote:
Oldschool wrote:
Barry wrote:day going from bad to worse :- "O’Brien a doubt for Scotland game as Toner ruled out for two months"
Not really a surprise tbh.
I presume Ruddock will be on the bench if SOB doesn't make it.
Jordi Murphy more likely IMO.
Better again.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

I heard RR was the extra forward with the squad so I presume he'll bench.

Which brings up an interesting question. I wonder does Jordi Murphy feel his move was worthwhile for him from an International point-of-view. He seems to be further from a match day squad then ever
leinster23
Bookworm

Post by leinster23 »

LeinsterLeader wrote:I heard RR was the extra forward with the squad so I presume he'll bench.

Which brings up an interesting question. I wonder does Jordi Murphy feel his move was worthwhile for him from an International point-of-view. He seems to be further from a match day squad then ever
He was on the bench against the All Blacks, wasn't he? Although to be fair that only happened because Leavy pulled out with an injury. I'd always have him in contention for the 20 shirt because of his ability to cover all three positions.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

leinster23 wrote:
LeinsterLeader wrote:I heard RR was the extra forward with the squad so I presume he'll bench.

He was on the bench against the All Blacks, wasn't he? Although to be fair that only happened because Leavy pulled out with an injury. I'd always have him in contention for the 20 shirt because of his ability to cover all three positions.
Yep. i'd have him on the bench even when everyone was fit as he offers so much across the entire backrow. However we had two major backrow injuries and he didn't make it and if even if SOB hadn't started it looks like he still wouldn't have got in to today's 23. On the face of it he looks to be well down the queue.
leinster23
Bookworm

Post by leinster23 »

LeinsterLeader wrote:
leinster23 wrote:

Yep. i'd have him on the bench even when everyone was fit as he offers so much across the entire backrow. However we had two major backrow injuries and he didn't make it and if even if SOB hadn't started it looks like he still wouldn't have got in to today's 23. On the face of it he looks to be well down the queue.
I suppose when SOB is fit he offers the same versatility, so maybe Joe doesn't think he needs him? But he really seems well down the queue at the moment. Joe always seemed like a fan earlier on as well but barring significant injuries he seems fairly far away from the plane to Japan. It's interesting and does question the general wisdom regarding players moving for game time.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

From Leo, post match Friday:

“Garry [Ringrose] is not a million miles away. He’s very close to playing. Hopefully he’ll be featuring soon. Dan Leavy is hoping to return to rugby this week, so we’ll see what that looks like. At what point I’m not sure. Rhys [Ruddock] is something similar. We’ll see what sort of pace that they come back at,” Cullen revealed.

“Joe Tomane returned to rugby training last week. We’ll see how he comes through. Still has a few bits that he needs to hit. Luke McGrath hopefully will do a little bit of rugby this week as well. Again, with the game being on Friday it may be a bit soon.

“Nick McCarthy is still a bit to go now. He’s another few weeks. He won’t be back rugby training next week, but maybe when we come back. We’ll have a bit of a break to come back in and he should return around then I’d say. He’s making progress now, but it has been slow for Nick.”
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I feel like Leo was given a thesaurus by a politician and challenged to find different ways of saying the exact same thing without ever giving any information away. It's genuinely impressive!
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I feel like Leo was given a thesaurus by a politician and challenged to find different ways of saying the exact same thing without ever giving any information away. It's genuinely impressive!
Fair play to Leo, always trying to improve. Noticed at his last presser he'd cut out the the "yes, no" at the start of every answer and replaced it with "yeah look", which in comparison to the former makes sense.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Injury update
In further good news for Leinster, Rhys Ruddock has stepped up his recovery from a hamstring injury and could return against the Cheetahs at the RDS on Friday night.

Dan Leavy (calf), Luke McGrath (knee), Joe Tomane (hamstring), Will Connors (ACL) and Nick McCarthy (foot) will all increase their load in training this week but are still unavailable for selection.

Devin Toner is still recovering from ankle surgery and he remains in a major race against time to be fit for next month's Champions Cup quarter-final against Ulster.

Second-row Mick Kearney will be assessed this week after picking up a shoulder injury in Friday’s 59-19 over Southern Kings.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

"Dan Leavy, again, is on track to train potentially on Tuesday next week and hopefully he'll train Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Robbie is on the same kind of path at the moment."

according to Schmidt
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

seem to be pushing them hard to get back for one of the remaining Irish games, we will be going into Ulster game with some marginally fit players.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

mildlyinterested wrote:seem to be pushing them hard to get back for one of the remaining Irish games, we will be going into Ulster game with some marginally fit players.
You really are a man with a fork in a world full of soup!! :lol:

You've been worrying about our injury levels for the Ulster game for weeks!

Wouldn't the other way to look at that be they'll have a high quality game under their belts and won't be thrown in cold to Ulster like?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

wixfjord wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:seem to be pushing them hard to get back for one of the remaining Irish games, we will be going into Ulster game with some marginally fit players.

Wouldn't the other way to look at that be they'll have a high quality game under their belts and won't be thrown in cold to Ulster like?
they would be going in cold to hugely physical games in the 6 nations hardly a combo that ensures they don't get re-injured or perform well.

Henshaw/Leavy are at risk at becoming as injury prone as SOB.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

mildlyinterested wrote:
wixfjord wrote:

they would be going in cold to hugely physical games in the 6 nations hardly a combo that ensures they don't get re-injured or perform well.

Henshaw/Leavy are at risk at becoming as injury prone as SOB.
But if they don't play before Ulster they'll be going in cold to that! They have to return some time and you have no idea whether they're being rushed or not!
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Rob Kearney pulled from squad due to injury and Josh van der Flier injured during the game today. Hopefully neither injury is serious.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Serb wrote:Rob Kearney pulled from squad due to injury and Josh van der Flier injured during the game today. Hopefully neither injury is serious.
I don''t see Josh leaving the field after 20 unless it's bad.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Serb wrote:Rob Kearney pulled from squad due to injury and Josh van der Flier injured during the game today. Hopefully neither injury is serious.
There was a time when I would have agreed with that outlook. However, this season, there has been a whole new ser of fitness benchmarks and the Docs and S&C guys are under strict instructions from Joe "Nobody carries a injury in"
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Any word on how serious VDF's injury is?
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Word is Henshaw is a doubt for 1/4 final.