Leinster v Ulster: AVIVA, Heino QF

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Re: Leinster v Ulster: AVIVA, Heino QF

Postby wixfjord » February 18th, 2019, 3:51 pm

The QF is 6 weeks away.

None or all of our backrow might be available by then!
wixfjord
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 4796
Joined: April 13th, 2009, 1:00 pm

Re: Leinster v Ulster: AVIVA, Heino QF

Postby LeRouxIsPHat » February 18th, 2019, 4:16 pm

wixfjord wrote:The QF is 6 weeks away.

None or all of our backrow might be available by then!


Tbf I could see Munster using that logic to sign a medical joker :lol:
User avatar
LeRouxIsPHat
Shane Horgan
 
Posts: 12099
Joined: January 22nd, 2009, 8:49 pm

Re: Leinster v Ulster: AVIVA, Heino QF

Postby mildlyinterested » February 22nd, 2019, 3:24 pm

More Ireland injuries: Conan and Larmour.

Hopefully not serious.
mildlyinterested
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3933
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Leinster v Ulster: AVIVA, Heino QF

Postby bluemagic » March 13th, 2019, 12:27 pm

With Henderson out this weekend for Ireland let’s hope it keeps him out until April....
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
User avatar
bluemagic
Enlightened
 
Posts: 754
Joined: February 26th, 2011, 12:29 pm

Re: Leinster v Ulster: AVIVA, Heino QF

Postby bails » March 13th, 2019, 2:36 pm

bluemagic wrote:With Henderson out this weekend for Ireland let’s hope it keeps him out until April....


Henderson out this weekend
Where you hearing that ?
User avatar
bails
Graduate
 
Posts: 540
Joined: December 22nd, 2010, 7:45 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Leinster v Ulster: AVIVA, Heino QF

Postby johng » March 13th, 2019, 2:38 pm

The grapevine
User avatar
johng
Jamie Heaslip
 
Posts: 17857
Joined: March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 pm
Location: Behind You!!

Re: Leinster v Ulster: AVIVA, Heino QF

Postby mildlyinterested » March 13th, 2019, 2:53 pm

likely Ulster XV:

1. Eric O'Sullivan
2. Rory Best
3. Martin Moore
4. Kieran Treadwell
5. Iain Henderson
6. Sean Reidy
7. Jordi Murphy
8. Marcell Coetze
9. John Cooney
10. Billy Burns
11. Jacob Stockdale
12. Stuart McCloskey
13. Will Addison
14. Robert Baloucoune
15. Louis Ludik
mildlyinterested
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3933
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Leinster v Ulster: AVIVA, Heino QF

Postby rooster » March 13th, 2019, 3:07 pm

johng wrote:The grapevine
Must be a long grapevine as it has been in the press up here since morning
User avatar
rooster
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3297
Joined: July 22nd, 2006, 4:45 pm

Re: Leinster v Ulster: AVIVA, Heino QF

Postby johng » March 13th, 2019, 3:10 pm

Only if you can see past the brexit
User avatar
johng
Jamie Heaslip
 
Posts: 17857
Joined: March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 pm
Location: Behind You!!

Re: Leinster v Ulster: AVIVA, Heino QF

Postby bluemagic » March 13th, 2019, 3:42 pm

mildlyinterested wrote:likely Ulster XV:

1. Eric O'Sullivan
2. Rory Best
3. Martin Moore
4. Kieran Treadwell
5. Iain Henderson
6. Sean Reidy
7. Jordi Murphy
8. Marcell Coetze
9. John Cooney
10. Billy Burns
11. Jacob Stockdale
12. Stuart McCloskey
13. Will Addison
14. Robert Baloucoune
15. Louis Ludik


Decent team that. Can’t see Lowe starring given toners injury.... would be tempted to start McFadden to try and keep Stockdale quiet. Would be great to have Henshaw back too up against McCloskey. Worried about this one
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
User avatar
bluemagic
Enlightened
 
Posts: 754
Joined: February 26th, 2011, 12:29 pm

Re: Leinster v Ulster: AVIVA, Heino QF

Postby Oldschool » March 13th, 2019, 3:59 pm

bluemagic wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:likely Ulster XV:

1. Eric O'Sullivan
2. Rory Best
3. Martin Moore
4. Kieran Treadwell
5. Iain Henderson
6. Sean Reidy
7. Jordi Murphy
8. Marcell Coetze
9. John Cooney
10. Billy Burns
11. Jacob Stockdale
12. Stuart McCloskey
13. Will Addison
14. Robert Baloucoune
15. Louis Ludik


Decent team that. Can’t see Lowe starring given toners injury.... would be tempted to start McFadden to try and keep Stockdale quiet. Would be great to have Henshaw back too up against McCloskey. Worried about this one

Ulster have been building nicely with the additions of
O'Sullivan, Moore, Murphy and Cooney not to mention O'Connor and Timoney.
Their scouts are doing a great job sourcing so many IQ players.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
User avatar
Oldschool
Shane Horgan
 
Posts: 11824
Joined: March 27th, 2008, 2:10 pm

Re: Leinster v Ulster: AVIVA, Heino QF

Postby wixfjord » March 14th, 2019, 11:05 am

Possible SF venues announced:

Heineken Champions Cup semi-finals – 20/21 April

Semi-final 1: if Saracens v Edinburgh Rugby – Ricoh Arena (Coventry)

Semi-final 1: if Saracens v Munster Rugby – Ricoh Arena (Coventry)

Semi-final 1: if Edinburgh Rugby v Glasgow Warriors – BT Murrayfield (Edinburgh)

Semi-final 1: if Munster Rugby v Glasgow Warriors – Aviva Stadium (Dublin)

Semi-final 2: if Racing 92 v Leinster Rugby – Paris La Défense Arena

Semi-final 2: if Racing 92 v Ulster Rugby – Paris La Défense Arena

Semi-final 2: if Leinster Rugby v Toulouse – Aviva Stadium (Dublin)

Semi-final 2: if Ulster Rugby v Toulouse – Aviva Stadium (Dublin)


I would absolutely love to see us play in that Racing stadium!
wixfjord
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 4796
Joined: April 13th, 2009, 1:00 pm

Re: Leinster v Ulster: AVIVA, Heino QF

Postby neill_m » March 14th, 2019, 11:07 am

Henderson and Addison doubtful for Ulster for the QF.
neill_m
Enlightened
 
Posts: 880
Joined: May 1st, 2014, 12:39 pm

Re: Leinster v Ulster: AVIVA, Heino QF

Postby wixfjord » March 14th, 2019, 11:16 am

They’d be two huge losses. Addison in particular is a player that I’d be very wary of. With Toner out I’d be more comfortable going up against Treadwell and AOC too!
wixfjord
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 4796
Joined: April 13th, 2009, 1:00 pm

Re: Leinster v Ulster: AVIVA, Heino QF

Postby desperado » March 14th, 2019, 11:20 am

wixfjord wrote:They’d be two huge losses. Addison in particular is a player that I’d be very wary of. With Toner out I’d be more comfortable going up against Treadwell and AOC too!


Henderson is key for Ulster; without him I can't see their pack living with ours either in the loose or the tight. I really think even as 1 individual he is that important to them. Assuming of course we can start: Healy/Cronin/Furlong/Fardy/Ryan (then pick 7 from VDF/Leavy/SOB, Ruddock, Conan), and bench Deegan in addition.
User avatar
desperado
Mullet
 
Posts: 1193
Joined: May 7th, 2009, 8:10 pm
Location: location location

Re: Leinster v Ulster: AVIVA, Heino QF

Postby mildlyinterested » March 14th, 2019, 11:34 am

wixfjord wrote:Possible SF venues announced:

Heineken Champions Cup semi-finals – 20/21 April

Semi-final 1: if Saracens v Edinburgh Rugby – Ricoh Arena (Coventry)

Semi-final 1: if Saracens v Munster Rugby – Ricoh Arena (Coventry)

Semi-final 1: if Edinburgh Rugby v Glasgow Warriors – BT Murrayfield (Edinburgh)

Semi-final 1: if Munster Rugby v Glasgow Warriors – Aviva Stadium (Dublin)

Semi-final 2: if Racing 92 v Leinster Rugby – Paris La Défense Arena

Semi-final 2: if Racing 92 v Ulster Rugby – Paris La Défense Arena

Semi-final 2: if Leinster Rugby v Toulouse – Aviva Stadium (Dublin)

Semi-final 2: if Ulster Rugby v Toulouse – Aviva Stadium (Dublin)


I would absolutely love to see us play in that Racing stadium!


So they changed the rules to cater for Racing?
mildlyinterested
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3933
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Leinster v Ulster: AVIVA, Heino QF

Postby wixfjord » March 14th, 2019, 11:54 am

mildlyinterested wrote:
wixfjord wrote:Possible SF venues announced:

Heineken Champions Cup semi-finals – 20/21 April

Semi-final 1: if Saracens v Edinburgh Rugby – Ricoh Arena (Coventry)

Semi-final 1: if Saracens v Munster Rugby – Ricoh Arena (Coventry)

Semi-final 1: if Edinburgh Rugby v Glasgow Warriors – BT Murrayfield (Edinburgh)

Semi-final 1: if Munster Rugby v Glasgow Warriors – Aviva Stadium (Dublin)

Semi-final 2: if Racing 92 v Leinster Rugby – Paris La Défense Arena

Semi-final 2: if Racing 92 v Ulster Rugby – Paris La Défense Arena

Semi-final 2: if Leinster Rugby v Toulouse – Aviva Stadium (Dublin)

Semi-final 2: if Ulster Rugby v Toulouse – Aviva Stadium (Dublin)


I would absolutely love to see us play in that Racing stadium!


So they changed the rules to cater for Racing?


And Edinburgh potentially.

In fairness we can't exactly complain.

In any case Paris is easier to get to than wherever Racing would play otherwise, and I would absolutely love to see us have a crack at them in that stadium.
wixfjord
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 4796
Joined: April 13th, 2009, 1:00 pm

Re: Leinster v Ulster: AVIVA, Heino QF

Postby neill_m » March 14th, 2019, 12:08 pm

mildlyinterested wrote:
wixfjord wrote:Possible SF venues announced:

Heineken Champions Cup semi-finals – 20/21 April

Semi-final 1: if Saracens v Edinburgh Rugby – Ricoh Arena (Coventry)

Semi-final 1: if Saracens v Munster Rugby – Ricoh Arena (Coventry)

Semi-final 1: if Edinburgh Rugby v Glasgow Warriors – BT Murrayfield (Edinburgh)

Semi-final 1: if Munster Rugby v Glasgow Warriors – Aviva Stadium (Dublin)

Semi-final 2: if Racing 92 v Leinster Rugby – Paris La Défense Arena

Semi-final 2: if Racing 92 v Ulster Rugby – Paris La Défense Arena

Semi-final 2: if Leinster Rugby v Toulouse – Aviva Stadium (Dublin)

Semi-final 2: if Ulster Rugby v Toulouse – Aviva Stadium (Dublin)


I would absolutely love to see us play in that Racing stadium!


So they changed the rules to cater for Racing?



The organisers lift the cash from the semi finals, so it is in their interest to let teams play where they will get their biggest possible crowd to be fair.
neill_m
Enlightened
 
Posts: 880
Joined: May 1st, 2014, 12:39 pm

Re: Leinster v Ulster: AVIVA, Heino QF

Postby cormac » March 14th, 2019, 5:37 pm

Daly, Tomane and Abdaladze added to the Euro squad
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
User avatar
cormac
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5394
Joined: May 24th, 2006, 2:05 pm

Re: Leinster v Ulster: AVIVA, Heino QF

Postby Jonny tight lips » March 14th, 2019, 7:58 pm

mildlyinterested wrote:
wixfjord wrote:Possible SF venues announced:

Heineken Champions Cup semi-finals – 20/21 April

Semi-final 1: if Saracens v Edinburgh Rugby – Ricoh Arena (Coventry)

Semi-final 1: if Saracens v Munster Rugby – Ricoh Arena (Coventry)

Semi-final 1: if Edinburgh Rugby v Glasgow Warriors – BT Murrayfield (Edinburgh)

Semi-final 1: if Munster Rugby v Glasgow Warriors – Aviva Stadium (Dublin)

Semi-final 2: if Racing 92 v Leinster Rugby – Paris La Défense Arena

Semi-final 2: if Racing 92 v Ulster Rugby – Paris La Défense Arena

Semi-final 2: if Leinster Rugby v Toulouse – Aviva Stadium (Dublin)

Semi-final 2: if Ulster Rugby v Toulouse – Aviva Stadium (Dublin)


I would absolutely love to see us play in that Racing stadium!


So they changed the rules to cater for Racing?


And us in fairness,
Jonny tight lips
Bookworm
 
Posts: 218
Joined: February 27th, 2017, 1:48 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Leinster Addicts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: elephantman and 2 guests