Injuries

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Injuries

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I'm struggling to believe he has a dead leg. If he's out then I'd have no problem starting COB. I'm a big fan of both Noel and ROL but COB has been playing there regularly and offers a carrying option that we really need.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

ROL/Ringer for me.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I'm struggling to believe he has a dead leg. If he's out then I'd have no problem starting COB. I'm a big fan of both Noel and ROL but COB has been playing there regularly and offers a carrying option that we really need.
Dead legs can be bad injuries oddly enough.

https://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/spor ... h/dead-leg
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Before I clicked that I was thinking "yeah I know, a friend of mine had one for 3/4 weeks once" but did not expect to see that they could last for up to 12!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Rory O’Loughlin picked up a minor hamstring injury just before half-time in the Ulster game and will be unavailable for selection this week.

Jamison Gibson-Park was removed in the second half against Ulster with a head injury and will follow the Graduated Return to Play Protocols under the supervision of team medics.

Rhys Ruddock underwent a Head Injury Assessment after the game after reporting neck and head issues and will also follow the Graduated Return to Play Protocols under the supervision of team medics.

In more positive news, Will Connors will return to full training after recovering from his ACL injury and Robbie Henshaw will step up his recovery this week.

Johnny Sexton felt tightness in his quad at training on Thursday and was withdrawn from the starting XV as a precaution. He will be further assessed this week.

Devin Toner will increase his training load this week and will be further assessed ahead of selection at the weekend.

There was no further update on Josh van der Flier who was recently ruled out for 12 weeks with a groin injury.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

What's this all about?:

https://twitter.com/LansdowneFC/status/ ... 6551597057

@LansdowneFC

Delighted to play a part in @DevinToner4 rehab as we welcome him back into the squad for next round of #AIL

9:50 AM - 1 Apr 2019
Dont Panic!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Dexter wrote:What's this all about?:

@LansdowneFC

Delighted to play a part in @DevinToner4 rehab as we welcome him back into the squad for next round of #AIL

its uncommon, but players can play AIL as they aim to return from injury.

Been a long time since an irish international did it though.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

mildlyinterested wrote:
Dexter wrote:What's this all about?:

@LansdowneFC

its uncommon, but players can play AIL as they aim to return from injury.

Been a long time since an irish international did it though.
Cheers, thought it might be something like that. Did one of the Munster squad do this in the recent past?
Plus, as an aside, let there be no more BS from the meedja about Leinster's so called backrow "logjam"... :roll:
Dont Panic!
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Eh the date might have something to with it
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Blue not red blood wrote:Eh the date might have something to with it
ah well played. 1st one i've fallen for today.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Was posted before 12 so it counts :D
Dont Panic!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

mildlyinterested wrote:
It is (nearly) allowed. There is a AIL Regulations Clause which allows a Contracted Player to be played in any AIL game by decision of the IRFU. -AIL Committee in the circumstances of recovery from injury. However, there is a general prohibition on Centrally Contracted players or NIQ players competing in AIL. There is also an AIL Regulation disqualifying contracted players from last four games, unless they have already played a minimum number earlier in competition. AFAIK, Duncan Williams (Cork Con) is the only contracted player qualified for last two rounds of AIL.

AND YES, IT IS 1ST APRIL.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Totally gutted for Dan Leavy reading the initial prognosis of his injury.

His arrival at the top table of Leinster and Irish back-rows has been the most dramatic enhancement of the Irish national talent pool over the past two years, even including Jacob Stockdale. It has coincided with the decline of SO'B from Leinster & Irish perspective. IMO, he was the major contributor to Leinster and Irish successes in 2018 and I am so glad he enjoyed those victories.

I wish him a speedy and complete recovery. He may not yet know the full extent of the damage or the precise timeline of his rehab, but the nature of the man, as he has demonstrated on the pitch, is that he will execute his recovery with as much resiliance as he has demonstrated his skills in big games.

Good luck and be assured of the full support of every Leinster fan.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Ruckedtobits wrote:Totally gutted for Dan Leavy reading the initial prognosis of his injury.

His arrival at the top table of Leinster and Irish back-rows has been the most dramatic enhancement of the Irish national talent pool over the past two years, even including Jacob Stockdale. It has coincided with the decline of SO'B from Leinster & Irish perspective. IMO, he was the major contributor to Leinster and Irish successes in 2018 and I am so glad he enjoyed those victories.

I wish him a speedy and complete recovery. He may not yet know the full extent of the damage or the precise timeline of his rehab, but the nature of the man, as he has demonstrated on the pitch, is that he will execute his recovery with as much resiliance as he has demonstrated his skills in big games.

Good luck and be assured of the full support of every Leinster fan.
+ 1. :clap:
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Ruckedtobits wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:
It is (nearly) allowed. There is a AIL Regulations Clause which allows a Contracted Player to be played in any AIL game by decision of the IRFU. -AIL Committee in the circumstances of recovery from injury. However, there is a general prohibition on Centrally Contracted players or NIQ players competing in AIL. There is also an AIL Regulation disqualifying contracted players from last four games, unless they have already played a minimum number earlier in competition. AFAIK, Duncan Williams (Cork Con) is the only contracted player qualified for last two rounds of AIL.

AND YES, IT IS 1ST APRIL.
Someone should tell Watterson this as he has gone with it in today's Irish Times!!!
I have Bumbleflex
bluemagic
Enlightened

Post by bluemagic »

Apparently leavy’s injury is the worst the Leinster medics have ever seen. He’s facing at least 18 months on the sideline. Really hope Saturday isn’t the last we see of Leavy
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

bluemagic wrote:Apparently leavy’s injury is the worst the Leinster medics have ever seen. He’s facing at least 18 months on the sideline. Really hope Saturday isn’t the last we see of Leavy

:cry:
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

bluemagic wrote:Apparently leavy’s injury is the worst the Leinster medics have ever seen. He’s facing at least 18 months on the sideline. Really hope Saturday isn’t the last we see of Leavy
Jesus Christ.
bluemagic
Enlightened

Post by bluemagic »

Leavys injuries: hammy and calf torn off bone ripped ACL, PCL, LCL, MCL, broken fibula

A video of the incident is doing the rounds on WhatsApp. Looks like an Ulster player comes in completely from the side diving into the ru k hitting leavys left knee. Seriously dangerous play.
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
glenageary
Mullet

Post by glenageary »

words cant express how sorry I am - hopefully he will be proven to have great recovery powers , never say never (except if you are from the DUP I suppose).