Wales v Ireland 2019 6N (The Match)

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

IanD
Official Mascot

Re: Wales v Ireland 2019 6N (The Match)

Post by IanD »

FLIP wrote:That's a 22 all day. Bent. Bent. Bent.
It was carried over by Earl's. Hardly bent. I

ncompetent yes corrupt no.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

IanD wrote:
FLIP wrote:That's a 22 all day. Bent. Bent. Bent.
It was carried over by Earl's. Hardly bent. I

ncompetent yes corrupt no.
Earls was already in goal by the time he touched the ball, and the ball was on the line by the time he placed it and the ball was still in motion
Last edited by FLIP on March 16th, 2019, 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anyone But New Zealand
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

tingman wrote:why are our half backs still on here....
Schmidt is trying to play them into form - because of hubris, injury and inconsistent selection policy he doesn't have adequate replacements.
I have Bumbleflex
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

really - you think Murray on this form is irreplaceable....heavens help us if so....
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

tingman wrote:really - you think Murray on this form is irreplaceable....heavens help us if so....
No, I think that the coach thinks that and because he hasn't nailed his colours to the mast on a back up, switching between Marmion, McGrath and occasionally Cooney based on form and injury, he doesn't trust them.
I have Bumbleflex
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

3rd yellow card warning. He'll never give one
Anyone But New Zealand
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

FLIP wrote:3rd yellow card warning. He'll never give one

Jaysus give over will you.

He's been poor, but we've far bigger issues than that.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Ringrose held up by the neck. Wales turnover
Anyone But New Zealand
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

wixfjord wrote:
FLIP wrote:3rd yellow card warning. He'll never give one

Jaysus give over will you.

He's been poor, but we've far bigger issues than that.
He's been corrupt. Back sport or go share in his payoff.
Anyone But New Zealand
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

One of the worst days at joe's office.....
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Welsh collapse in the scrum again. No penalty despite giving one to Wales for the same earlier
Anyone But New Zealand
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

pissin down rain - should've put the roof on!
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Its entirely possible for both Ireland and the ref to be exremely bad. No harm in pointing out either/both if its valid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Columbo
Beginner

Post by Columbo »

Anyone on here trying to claim that the ref is the problem is having a serious laugh.. this is an embarrassing mess of a performance, capping an embarrassing mess of a tournament.. not a single unit or system has functioned, tactical adaptability has regressed to Declan Kidney levels, and selections inflexibility to EOS levels. I think the Schmidt encomiums came a bit too early...
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

In summary.
Wales made the better selections.
Wales had the better coach.
Wales players had the mental superiority.
Nothing else really matters.
Joe needs to have a serious, serious hard look at how he himself has performed through this 6Ns.
Footnote.
The IRFU sh!t on Gatty a long time ago.
Gattie has never forgotten, never forgiven and has sh!t on Ireland far too often ever since.
When the Welsh players are about to play Ireland they only have to look into their coach's eyes for inspiration.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Columbo wrote:Anyone on here trying to claim that the ref is the problem is having a serious laugh.. this is an embarrassing mess of a performance, capping an embarrassing mess of a tournament.. not a single unit or system has functioned, tactical adaptability has regressed to Declan Kidney levels, and selections inflexibility to EOS levels. I think the Schmidt encomiums came a bit too early...
+1 perhaps harsh on Joe.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Dave Cahill wrote:
tingman wrote:really - you think Murray on this form is irreplaceable....heavens help us if so....
No, I think that the coach thinks that and because he hasn't nailed his colours to the mast on a back up, switching between Marmion, McGrath and occasionally Cooney based on form and injury, he doesn't trust them.
Well he'd want to start trusting them.
In Marmion and Cooney we trust.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Oldschool wrote:
Columbo wrote:Anyone on here trying to claim that the ref is the problem is having a serious laugh.. this is an embarrassing mess of a performance, capping an embarrassing mess of a tournament.. not a single unit or system has functioned, tactical adaptability has regressed to Declan Kidney levels, and selections inflexibility to EOS levels. I think the Schmidt encomiums came a bit too early...
+1 perhaps harsh on Joe.
I think he’s cold-hearted enough to jettison anyone if he thinks its right. He might be considering it now

A few players have looked haunted since christmas. I think once the calender turned to a WC year they lost focus. Dont wanna name names until Ive done some more thinking about it (not that my opinion is important, I just hate reflexive bitching about players after a loss)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

FLIP wrote: He's been corrupt. Back sport or go share in his payoff.

I'll leave you to concentrate on the 'corruption' conspiracy theories and ignore how utterly incompetent we were.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I can't believe that Murray and Sexton were left on as long as they were. It's happened in the past, even when Murray had one arm a couple of years back, but that was when both players were in great form and we had the potential to turn games around. Why oh why oh why would you leave them on today when we had no hope of coming back and they were absolutely stinking the place out and have no form to suggest they would come good. Shocking.

I think James Ryan is the only one who can hold his head up high. The rest of the forwards were beaten up really.

I can't understand why we made so many errors, loads of them weren't under any kind of pressure. Even just going for the corner early on was stupid. We had been destroyed from the kick off, have struggled to break Wales down at times, and the place was rocking, take the sting out of it all and go for three.

I hope there's some grand plan for the World Cup but I'm struggling to see it now. Big question marks again now. Hopefully Murray just needs to get fit and Sexton can recover his form, but even if they do would we be sure that Joe hook them if they underperform in Japan? Best has lost his physicality, SOB looks done at this level, Bundee seems to be targeted every week, Rob looks to have lost power, Stockdale isn't great in the air...I could go on.

Have to admire the Welsh workrate. AWJ looked done after that injury but was immense. Great player.