Friday's Rave

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Re: Friday's Rave

Post by Peg Leg »

4 weeks ago I heard someone on a podcast talking about razors and how the gillette model of more blades = smoother and sensitive is a load of b*%&!x.
I hate shaving, I cant wear cotton anywhere near my neck after shaving as my neck balloons in some form of localised anaphylactic shock. After shaving i spend a good 30seconds convincing myself that angry red blotches is preferable to stubble.
So I bought 10 bic single blade razors for €1. Submitted a risk assessment and method statement to my wife, put the local hospital on standby and brought the first aid kit up to the bathroom and shaved with that little orange death stick. Suffice it to say, Gillette are really good at marketing, because I've been hacking the face off myself since i started shaving and paying over €20 for 4 poxy blades.
I can't overstate the difference, f%~k you Gillette.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Peg Leg wrote:4 weeks ago I heard someone on a podcast talking about razors and how the gillette model of more blades = smoother and sensitive is a load of b*%&!x.
I hate shaving, I cant wear cotton anywhere near my neck after shaving as my neck balloons in some form of localised anaphylactic shock. After shaving i spend a good 30seconds convincing myself that angry red blotches is preferable to stubble.
So I bought 10 bic single blade razors for €1. Submitted a risk assessment and method statement to my wife, put the local hospital on standby and brought the first aid kit up to the bathroom and shaved with that little orange death stick. Suffice it to say, Gillette are really good at marketing, because I've been hacking the face off myself since i started shaving and paying over €20 for 4 poxy blades.
I've been using the Lidl multi blades for years, perfect. And 1 can last for months.
Gillette can eat my shorts!
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

blockhead wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:4 weeks ago I heard someone on a podcast talking about razors and how the gillette model of more blades = smoother and sensitive is a load of b*%&!x.
I've been using the Lidl multi blades for years, perfect. And 1 can last for months.
Gillette can eat my shorts!
Softies, I shave with broken bottles and then slap on some high performance petrol. I'm mad me
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Good post. Funny. I haven't bought a Gillette product in years. I can't remember when I last bought one. I usually head to my local 7-11 or any corner shop and buy their own brand thing. Costs less than an ice cream, lasts for weeks, and is much better than the overpriced well marketed shite.
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

Ah, shaving a topic close to heart and my guilty pleasure. Have not bought a Gillette product in about 15 years. No GIIs, Fusions, 5 blade cartidges for me. No canned shaving muck either. Old fashioned double edged blades, shaving brush and artisan shaving soaps/cream. The way to go for a tenth of the price.
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

Can't really add too much to the topic of shaving other than.....

All men who shave are wimps who don't/won't stand up to their partners who won't let them grow a beard. :roll: :lol: :D :roll:

I can report the findings of a friend of mine. He kept getting skin infections around his neck. He ended up with a dermatologist whose first question was what razor he used. He was using a multi blade Gillette razor.

Dermatologist told him to use a single blade razor as the multi blade razor strips moisture from the skin. He now has an old school style razor and gets blades from America. He gets 2 weeks from a blade.

Best part is for over 2 years no skin infections.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Met a legal eagle tonight who told me there's a rumour going around that some guy spent the guts of a million over the past 9 days trying to commit self-defamation. Amazing what some will do for kicks!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

I normally try to be better than schadenfreude but in this case...

The genuinely, dangerously chilling effect he has on communication is such that we won't say his name here and in the court case it was reported that the conversation around printing a list was "do we dishonestly print this list with a name taken out as that name sues everyone?"

Of course he sued the festering shitbag that he is.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Whomever helped bring Johnny home is alright by me.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Mountains, by Hans Zimmer (Yes I am a bit of a HZ Stan)
Daniel Sullivan
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

Peg Leg wrote:Mountains, by Hans Zimmer (Yes I am a bit of a HZ Stan)
He does a very good show live.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdg5HqX_vZE

You're welcome.

Obligatory BHAAAAAAAM!
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

paddyor wrote:
Show Spoiler:
Explained
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUyH3XhpLTo
Einstein was not a supporter of the existence of the Black hole because of the absurdity of its nature. It's astounding to think that his theory of relativity has stood the test of so many discoveries. Both gravitational waves and this in the last few years make this a very exciting time to be interested in all things astrological.

"It was Mrs. O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

The kids singing along to Alice in Chains on the way back from the playground this afternoon. I’ve done at least one thing right
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:The kids singing along to Alice in Chains on the way back from the playground this afternoon. I’ve done at least one thing right
Class, not many ditties suitable for the kids though. Which track? My money is in Rooster or right turn.

"It was Mrs. O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Rooster
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

What an extraordinary emotional instrument is team sports. All three on my sons are Liverpool fans and I was introduced to the Old Trafford legend by my mother, so no change possible. But tonight Liverpool delivered another performance, inspired by that amazing Kop, which defies explanation.

In a week of great expectation for all us Blues Fans, well done Liverpool, you have inspired every fan of every sports team to remember that NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Ruckedtobits wrote:What an extraordinary emotional instrument is team sports. All three on my sons are Liverpool fans and I was introduced to the Old Trafford legend by my mother, so no change possible. But tonight Liverpool delivered another performance, inspired by that amazing Kop, which defies explanation.

In a week of great expectation for all us Blues Fans, well done Liverpool, you have inspired every fan of every sports team to remember that NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE.
Just amazing! I really hope, however, that Liverpool haven't written Johnny's half time talk again!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Ruckedtobits wrote:What an extraordinary emotional instrument is team sports. All three on my sons are Liverpool fans and I was introduced to the Old Trafford legend by my mother, so no change possible. But tonight Liverpool delivered another performance, inspired by that amazing Kop, which defies explanation.

Not like you to go off script with all that emotional guff.
But what the heck!
+1
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.