Friday's Rave

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Re: Friday's Rave

Post by fourthirtythree »

Anyone can make a slip of the tongue - it's not even necessarily revealing of some deeper truth (other than "oh no I'd better not make the JeremyKunt mistake") - but what she chooses to say voluntarily afterwards, now that is revealing of who she is.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Vodafone Dublin Airport Fast Track 10 free passes offer. Niiiiiice!
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
DaveMr
Beginner

Post by DaveMr »

Hornet wrote:Vodafone Dublin Airport Fast Track 10 free passes offer. Niiiiiice!
where did you see that?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

DaveMr wrote:
Hornet wrote:Vodafone Dublin Airport Fast Track 10 free passes offer. Niiiiiice!
where did you see that?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
http://www.vodafonefasttrack.com/

Got two for Sunday Morning. Available until the 30th September.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

What's the advantage of this again? You can leave for the airport slightly later? And.....? Complementary world peace? Free cure for cancer?.....
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

johng wrote:What's the advantage of this again? You can leave for the airport slightly later? And.....? Complementary world peace? Free cure for cancer?.....
Anything that minimises me standing behind the fcukwits who seem to be congenitally incapable to prepare for security, by not removing belts, cr@p from their pockets, dodgy footwear, Laptops and liquids from bags, etc, etc, before they get hold of a tray(s), is fine by me, especially at 4.30am on a Sunday Morning, with a whiny other half in tow.

Edit: This should of been in the rant section.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

So the airport charges you to fix a problem of their own making...

It's kind of like how Amazon used to ship straight away until they launched Prime and now they wait 3 to 4 u less you pay them.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

fourthirtythree wrote:So the airport charges you
Not paying anything. Normally fly at less busy times (not 4.30 am on a Summer Sunday). Got the free passes via Vodafone. Will be back standing behind the fcukwits as from 1st October (that's when the 10 complementary vouchers run out), although the Airport security queue is much quieter early to mid afternoon on a Tuesday/Wednesday, (which are the times I tend to travel), so no need for fast track. (Never used it before, seeing as it had to be paid for).
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Being able to post on a forum while on a plane over the Atlantic.

Technology is mad
Anyone But New Zealand
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Hornet wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:So the airport charges you
Not paying anything. Normally fly at less busy times (not 4.30 am on a Summer Sunday). Got the free passes via Vodafone. Will be back standing behind the fcukwits as from 1st October (that's when the 10 complementary vouchers run out), although the Airport security queue is much quieter early to mid afternoon on a Tuesday/Wednesday, (which are the times I tend to travel), so no need for fast track. (Never used it before, seeing as it had to be paid for).
Does sound attractive when you put it like that ok.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Padraic Harrington making Lahinch look easy around the world. 63, and the only thing spectacular was the weather!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Check out the finish of the top three players on the 18th of the PGA event just finished. Two kids - 20 & 21 - leading and playing behind Dechambea. So he eagles the 18th to go a shot ahead of them. Both kids go in over the water with theur second shots and Matt Woulfe also eagles and the other kid birdies. TV made for movies. Kids can do anything!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Ruckedtobits wrote:Check out the finish of the top three players on the 18th of the PGA event just finished. Two kids - 20 & 21 - leading and playing behind Dechambea. So he eagles the 18th to go a shot ahead of them. Both kids go in over the water with theur second shots and Matt Woulfe also eagles and the other kid birdies. TV made for movies. Kids can do anything!
Wolff wins at 21 Under par! Nonsense.
US TV Golf. Birdies, Birdies everywhere.
Rugby cant come back quick enough.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Shane Lowry following other illustrious Irishmen in leading the Qualifiers in the Open Golf. Here's what the modern ones did in each year:

1996: Paul McGinley Jt Leader after 36 holes; 74 in 3rd Rd: Finished Tied 14
1997: Darren Clarke Leader after 36 holes: 71 in 3rd Rd: Finished Tied 2nd
2002: P Harrington Jt Leader after 36 holes: 76 in 3rd Rd; Finished Tied 5th
2011: Darren Clarke Jt Leader after 36 holes: 69 in 3rd Rd; Finished as Winner
2014: Rory McIlroy Leader after 36 holes: 68 in 3rd Rd: Finished as Winner.

So, history says it's very simple. Beat 70 today and he wins on Sunday.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

OMG! That was some finish. Amazing if he could do it. That would make 5 Irish major winners in 12 years and 10 majors in those 12 years. Considering there was something like a 76 year gap before Harrington's win back in 2007.
And above all, Shane is a Leinster Fan. 8)
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

The Great Hack is a documentary film produced by Netflix which scared the s#*t out of me. Never simplistic, but not so technical it becomes impossible to understand, this 2 hour movie documents how Cambridge Analitica worked for both the Trump organisation and various other Goverments around the world to influence voters. They did so by analysis of huge amounts of personal data points garnered through access to Facebook and other social media sites.

CA targeted voters in marginal regional areas in swing States in the US with specific mixes of social media stories and information streamed at the voters by a variety of different social media sources and paid for as advertising. So effectively, their data analysis was combined with specific psychological manipulation operation programmes, originally developed for Cold War era campaigns by UK & US Goverments, to convince largely undecided voters to support particular candidates - notably Trump in the 2016 Presidential Election. They also worked with the Leave.uk campaign in the Brexit Referendum in June 2016.

The picture is credible. The pace excellent and the footage is edgy. The overall effect is to undermine the fundamental belief in the democratic process.

The movie was released on 24th July.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Ruckedtobits wrote:The Great Hack is a documentary film produced by Netflix which scared the s#*t out of me. Never simplistic, but not so technical it becomes impossible to understand, this 2 hour movie documents how Cambridge Analitica worked for both the Trump organisation and various other Goverments around the world to influence voters. They did so by analysis of huge amounts of personal data points garnered through access to Facebook and other social media sites.

CA targeted voters in marginal regional areas in swing States in the US with specific mixes of social media stories and information streamed at the voters by a variety of different social media sources and paid for as advertising. So effectively, their data analysis was combined with specific psychological manipulation operation programmes, originally developed for Cold War era campaigns by UK & US Goverments, to convince largely undecided voters to support particular candidates - notably Trump in the 2016 Presidential Election. They also worked with the Leave.uk campaign in the Brexit Referendum in June 2016.

The picture is credible. The pace excellent and the footage is edgy. The overall effect is to undermine the fundamental belief in the democratic process.

Social media is evil.
Imagine what somebody like Hitler could do today.
As regards the film, you can be damn sure that if Trump was using that stuff then so were his opponents.
Ditto for the the UK.
They'd all use it.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Oldschool wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:The Great Hack is a documentary film produced by Netflix which scared the s#*t out of me. Never simplistic, but not so technical it becomes impossible to understand, this 2 hour movie documents how Cambridge Analitica worked for both the Trump organisation and various other Goverments around the world to influence voters. They did so by analysis of huge amounts of personal data points garnered through access to Facebook and other social media sites.

Social media is evil.
As regards the film, you can be damn sure that if Trump was using that stuff then so were his opponents.
Ditto for the the UK.
They'd all use it.
How can you be damn sure his opponents were using it???
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
Oldschool wrote:

Social media is evil.
Ditto for the the UK.
They'd all use it.
How can you be damn sure his opponents were using it???
Because I'm not naive.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Oh right, so no reason beyond your “feels”