A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

FLIP
Seán Cronin

Re: A whiff of Cordite

Post by FLIP »

OTT wrote:
Oldschool wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Anyone who reads him is an idiot, anyone who believes him is a moron, anyone who repeats him is a c**t.
With such a ringing endorsement I'm just going to have to read him now.
Where does he publish? - Careful with your answer, you wouldn't want anyone to think your a cetc.
I have three sources I trust that have told me where you can find Ewan MacKenna articles but I won't reveal these sources (because they don't exist) but believe me (for no good reason) it could be a criminal matter (it never is).

Hope that helps.
Anyone But New Zealand
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

The reality is that Leinster weren’t at their best against Glasgow Warriors, they haven’t been all season, but they are still too good for virtually everyone in club rugby.

Read more at https://www.pro14rugby.org/2019/05/29/p ... jjPm8mh.99

Would you agree? And if so why do you think that was the case?
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Dave Cahill wrote:Anyone who reads him is an idiot, anyone who believes him is a moron, anyone who repeats him is a c**t.
The last lad who hated rugby this much ended up on the sex abusers wing in Arbour Hill.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

mildlyinterested wrote:
The reality is that Leinster weren’t at their best against Glasgow Warriors, they haven’t been all season, but they are still too good for virtually everyone in club rugby.

I'd agree. I have had a feeling all year that the Irish players are on a different S&C programme to normal. The lads don't seem as powerful as they have in the past. I could be wrong but I'd imagine the S&C is all aimed at September.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Not sure it's just S&C. I'm much more inclined to the Darce theory in today's IT, where he outlines the impact of continual discharge of emotional energy in winning big games throughout 2018, without adequate "down and re-charge time".

Given that Darce had those periods in his own career, I lend a lot of credence to his hypothesis.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Latest rte Rugby Podcast:
Pro14 final mentioned right at the end. Have a listen.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

mildlyinterested wrote:

I'd agree.
Without doubt our AI prep was different to normal.
It appeared to be designed as a dry run for the RWC.
The knock on affect of this on the rest of the season is hard to assess even in hindsight.
Our season did however lack continuity in selection.
While some of that was unavoidable (injury, 6N) some of it was down to the deliberate blooding of the NG and tbf nobody thought or thinks that's a bad thing.
It's also worth noting that we were unlucky with some positional injuries.
No 7 in particular (These injuries also hurt Ireland)
If either or both had been available for HCC final then who knows.
AND what hurts Leinster hurts Ireland and visa versa more than any other province.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

the spoofer wrote:
The last lad who hated rugby this much ended up on the sex abusers wing in Arbour Hill.

Not surprising. No normal person would hate a sport that much.
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

https://youtu.be/1LSokIRCPlY

Good God. I almost never watch or listen to OTB anymore especially their AM shite but when I saw Gregor Paul's name, I just had to listen in. The interview is okay until 11:40 when that ginger gnat states that Ireland are everyone in NZ's favorite second team, but dresses it up as a question. Utterly embarrassing. I pressed stop immediately. Didn't even wait for Paul's answer. I know plenty of Kiwi fans who hate Ireland cos they think we're boring and the fans are whingers on line. How does Paul have the authority to answer that question?

This f%~king "aren't we great" and "everyone loves us" sh!t is nauseating. We have a very long history of rugby in Ireland. We may not be successful on the world stage but rugby is very much part of the sporting landscape. This constant need for compliments and gratification from NZ is baffling. We saw it all before the November test. "NZ respect us now." Who f%~king cares what NZ fans and media think of Ireland? The opinions of their oft garbage media and the man on the street should not be something we hold dearly when it is positive. If they don't like or respect us, who cares. Just because they're from NZ doesn't mean their opinions are worth more than others.

That ginger tw@t on OTB is an embarrassment to media..and Gilroy is not far behind. What changed that made them think Ginger has an opinion worth listening to?
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I didn't watch it but if you're going to fly into a rage and disparagingly refer to someone as a "ginger gnat", "ginger tw@t", and "ginger" because they asked a harmless fluff question in a free video that you didn't have to watch then I would suggest that you are not the arbiter of all that is good and should take a good long look in the mirror.

Pathetic and embarrassing.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I didn't watch it but if you're going to fly into a rage and disparagingly refer to someone as a "ginger gnat", "ginger tw@t", and "ginger" because they asked a harmless fluff question in a free video that you didn't have to watch then I would suggest that you are not the arbiter of all that is good and should take a good long look in the mirror.

Pathetic and embarrassing.
RU a ginger LRIP??
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Surprised that Leinster didn't pick up the Irish Rugby writers team of the year. HC final and Pro 14 winners is a greater achievement than U20 Grand Slam.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

the spoofer wrote:Surprised that Leinster didn't pick up the Irish Rugby writers team of the year. HC final and Pro 14 winners is a greater achievement than U20 Grand Slam.
rugby writers barely rate the pro 14 and they don'y give leinster much credit in making final and losing as leinster were favourites for europe at start of the season.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

This should probably be in the International section, but I couldn't resist this gem from Ruaidhri O'Connor in the Indo:

"Of the 23 players selected to face the Azzurri, only five go into the game with a degree of confidence about their place on the plane.

For Jordan Larmour, Garry Ringrose, Joey Carbery, Devin Toner, Cian Healy and Iain Henderson, this game is about getting through with a decent performance that propels them towards the team when Ireland play Scotland on September 22."

Ruaidhri, there are 3 types of people in the world, those who understand maths and those that don't.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

D4surfer wrote:This should probably be in the International section, but I couldn't resist this gem from Ruaidhri O'Connor in the Indo:

"Of the 23 players selected to face the Azzurri, only five go into the game with a degree of confidence about their place on the plane.

For Jordan Larmour, Garry Ringrose, Joey Carbery, Devin Toner, Cian Healy and Iain Henderson, this game is about getting through with a decent performance that propels them towards the team when Ireland play Scotland on September 22."

Ruaidhri, there are 3 types of people in the world, those who understand maths and those that don't.
For clarity you should probably have added that Ruaidhri is an example of the third type, for those of us having a 'slow' day.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Marmion, J McGrath, Porter, Ryan are likely too.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

ronk wrote:Marmion, J McGrath, Porter, Ryan are likely too.
Agree with all those and would now add Conway and Carty
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Ruckedtobits wrote:
Whatever about Conway (wouldn't disagree TBH) Carty has to go and should be given 30mins at SH at some stage.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Conway looks good if there's a 3rd sub backline player brought.

A 3rd outhalf now looks more likely. Ross Byrne hasn't been given a shot yet and Carbery injury brings him closer. He's likely to get a chance to play himself ahead of Carty.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Oldschool wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:
Whatever about Conway (wouldn't disagree TBH) Carty has to go and should be given 30mins at SH at some stage.
Not on the basis of the treatment of Bealham and Cooney