Leinster Preseason 19-20

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Leinster Preseason 19-20

Post by OTT »

WEDGIE
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Leinster Rugby team to face Northampton Saints:

15. Hugo Keenan(Blackrock)
14. Fergus McFadden(Clongowes)
13. Jimmy O’Brien(Newbridge)
12. Joe Tomane
11. Cian Kelleher(St. Michaels)
10. Ciaran Frawley(Skerries RFC)
9. Hugh O’Sullivan(Belvedere)
1. Peter Dooley(Birr RFC)
2. Rónan Kelleher(St. Michaels)
3. Michael Bent
4. Ross Molony(St. Michaels) CAPTAIN
5. Ryan Baird(St. Michaels)(Academy)
6. Max Deegan(St. Michaels)
7. Scott Penny(St. Michaels)
8. Caelan Doris(Blackrock)

Replacements from:
Bryan Byrne(Clongowes)
James Tracy(Newbridge)
Michael Milne(Birr RFC-Roscrea)(Academy)
Roman Salanoa
Scott Fardy
Josh Murphy(St. Michaels)
Will Connors(Clongowes)
Jamison Gibson-Park
Ross Byrne(St. Michaels)
Dave Kearney(Clongowes)
Conor O’Brien(Mullingar RFC)
Rory O’Loughlin(St. Michaels)
Adam Byrne(Naas RFC)
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

That’s the spirit! Proving the credibility of the observation. 5 in one pack…or I should say ‘forward pack’ (to keep up with punditry fashions).

Anyone want to argue that 5 forwards in the sane Leinster pack from the same school isn’t noteworthy and deserving of observation on a Leinster Rugby Fans Community site?
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Here goes...

I don't care which school any of them went to.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

jimbobjoe wrote:Here goes...

Only someone not from St. Michaels would say that.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

blockhead wrote:
jimbobjoe wrote:Here goes...

Only someone not from St. Michaels would say that.
I've been rumbled
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

Interesting new breed of participants on fan-site who don’t care where their team sources new players from. School or Club or Import.

Me thinks they doth protest too much.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

backrower8 wrote:Interesting new breed of participants on fan-site who don’t care where their team sources new players from. School or Club or Import.

There's only one person who can possibly be accused of protesting too much... to be pedantic

I was a bit disappointed at the absence of CUS on that list there - but then, you haven't included the stewards and alikadoos which probably explains that
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Is anyone concerned about us being so reliant on one school to produce talent? It occurred to me recently that we should think about broadening our base.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

CiaranIrl wrote:Is anyone concerned about us being so reliant on one school to produce talent? It occurred to me recently that we should think about broadening our base.
They are trying to broaden the base of players and have to a degree but theres not much they can do when michaels are producing the best players other than invest more resources elsewhere and try and improve the coaching at other schools and in the club area.

This summers academy class didn't have any michaels players:

Tom Clarkson(Blackrock)
Charlie Ryan(Blackrock)
Brian Deeny(Wexford RFC)
Martin Moloney(Athy RFC)
Liam Turner(Blackrock)

Now given Michaels just won the SCT with a hugely talented 5th year class and also just won the JCT, so the flow of Michaels players to Leinster isn't stopping anytime soon.

But there is a good group of players coming through the club game headlined by Paddy McKenzie(Outhalf), Karl Martin(Centre) and Jamie Osborne(Fullback),

Leinster aren't relying on Michaels its just that they have replaced Blackrock as the best producers of young rugby players and leinster can't ignore players because they happen to go to the same school and it doesn't look good.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

mildlyinterested wrote:
CiaranIrl wrote:Is anyone concerned about us being so reliant on one school to produce talent? It occurred to me recently that we should think about broadening our base.
They are trying to broaden the base of players and have to a degree but theres not much they can do when michaels are producing the best players other than invest more resources elsewhere and try and improve the coaching at other schools and in the club area.

Tom Clarkson(Blackrock)
Charlie Ryan(Blackrock)
Brian Deeny(Wexford RFC)
Martin Moloney(Athy RFC)
Liam Turner(Blackrock)

Now given Michaels just won the SCT with a hugely talented 5th year class and also just won the JCT, so the flow of Michaels players to Leinster isn't stopping anytime soon.

But there is a good group of players coming through the club game headlined by Paddy McKenzie(Outhalf), Karl Martin(Centre) and Jamie Osborne(Fullback),

Leinster aren't relying on Michaels its just that they have replaced Blackrock as the best producers of young rugby players and leinster can't ignore players because they happen to go to the same school and it doesn't look good.
:D

I was joking! About the never ending thread about Michael's where the same point gets made again and again.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

CiaranIrl wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:

Tom Clarkson(Blackrock)
Charlie Ryan(Blackrock)
Brian Deeny(Wexford RFC)
Martin Moloney(Athy RFC)
Liam Turner(Blackrock)

:D

I was joking! About the never ending thread about Michael's where the same point gets made again and again.
my bad. :lol: :clap:
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

blockhead wrote:Only 3 Byrnes. Whats going on?
Only 2 O'Briens is worrying.
And zero of them SOB Mk IIs!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Leinster Rugby
Evening @AerLingus - we’ve landed in Birmingham ahead of our game tomorrow and four players’ bags are still unaccounted for from flight EI276 and still no update on the ground. Any help appreciated. Thanks
Sort it out Air Fungus!
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

backrower8 wrote:Interesting new breed of participants on fan-site who don’t care where their team sources new players from. School or Club or Import.

New breed you say.. What ever does this mean?

Be it the Clongowes mafia, Blackrock, Michaels, Tallaght or Dundalk - It doesn't matter where they come from as long as they're coming in. The Michaels swing will extend to the next schools roundabout at some stage.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Ah yes but can anyone from outside the south Dublin schools bubble say they're a real rogby goy though!

The relentlessness and fervour with which some people refer back to a school they attended decades ago will never fail to amuse me!
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

As someone from outside the school bubble (2nd gen exile raised and educated in UK) I just find it amusing.
Anyone But New Zealand
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

for the record i'm from a club in the south east.

don't care where the player comes from, just like tracking it, incase you hadn't noticed. :lol:
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

I'm waiting for the full matchday 23 to be ex-Belvo, on which happy occasion I shall indulge in boundless triumphalism!!!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I think people miss the point of B8's posts...I'm 99.9% certain that he's just winding you all up and he gets bites every single time. You all think you're taking the piss out of him but I'd imagine he's laughing at the reactions.

It was the same with Ray Dollard. He used to get bites all the time but I'm fairly sure he was one of Madigan's mates taking the piss and I could take a guess at who it is/was.