Pro 14 R1: Benetton Away, Saturday, 28/9/19 (18:15)

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Pro 14 R1: Benetton Away, Saturday, 28/9/19 (18:15)

Post by wixfjord »

That's a shocker of a call from Whitehouse in fairness. Very quick to call maul.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

wixfjord wrote:Big turnover Doris, and again we kick out on the full.
Harry Byrne this time though. Odd kick to try at this stage of a contest.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Well we made hard work of that. Our best player was that guy. Thats about it.
I have Bumbleflex
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I can't believe Eir cut away so quickly. How are we supposed to police inappropriate post-game friendliness????
I have Bumbleflex
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Free kick and we walked around looking like we didn’t know what to do.

Then I realized we wasted the last minute of the game.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Dave Cahill wrote:I can't believe Eir cut away so quickly. How are we supposed to police inappropriate post-game friendliness????
Hopefully Smokin Joe T behaved himself this time...
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

We made so many errors in that game.

First 20 was brilliantly controlled and then from a poor DK knock on we unravelled.

Doris probably my MOTM. Thought Molony had a good game too and our pack overall looked good (as it should do).

Tomane looked solid and Ross Byrne did well, albeit retreated back to not really threatening himself, which is a shame.

A Byrne was really good too. Looks to have bulked even more.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

wixfjord wrote:We made so many errors in that game.

First 20 was brilliantly controlled and then from a poor DK knock on we unravelled.

Doris probably my MOTM. Thought Molony had a good game too and our pack overall looked good (as it should do).

Tomane looked solid and Ross Byrne did well, albeit retreated back to not really threatening himself, which is a shame.

A Byrne was really good too. Looks to have bulked even more.
I thought our midfield of Tomane & OLoughlin were anonymous , devoid of any plans
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Dave Cahill wrote:I can't believe Eir cut away so quickly. How are we supposed to police inappropriate post-game friendliness????
I can’t believe the Eir Commenrator , didn’t go down to the pitch and do post match interviews :wink:
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Only saw the try's on Twitter. What happened at the end? A bit of a kerfuffle?
JCBs pass for DKs 2nd try was lovely, he has a very fast, accurate, long pass does the IQ'd scrum half.
TBP away to Benneton, don't think too many will do that this season. :clap:
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

blockhead wrote:Only saw the try's on Twitter. What happened at the end? A bit of a kerfuffle?
JCBs pass for DKs 2nd try was lovely, he has a very fast, accurate, long pass does the IQ'd scrum half.
TBP away to Benneton, don't think too many will do that this season. :clap:
Nobody ( most of all Eir) knows what happened after the final whistle
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Scrappy game but great to get 5 pts away at Treviso, Doris looked good and Adam Byrne is a weapon in the air. JPEG trying too much and kicked poorly but had some super passes, needs a bit more level head at times. Tomane solid but creatively limited and ROL had little to do. Ross had a controlled game, solid line kicking and basics. Just need to hang in there until all this Japanese stuff plays out !!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Weird game, I felt the young lads stepped up more than the experienced guys in many ways. Dev was quite poor, although I don't really blame him for blowing the try in the first few mins, it's probably the first time he's ever been selfish on a rugby field and I can totally understand why he was desperate to score himself. DK was really quite poor as well despite bagging the tries. I think he dropped three balls that he really shouldn't have and he bit on the wrong man for their first try which opened up the gap for the try and really compounded the dropped ball that gave them possession in the first place. JGP with a couple of kicks on the full, a really poor effort at a tackle on their fullback on our 22 which led to a try, and the lost ball after the quick tap as well, although he was good in parts and that pass for one of DK's tries was unbelievably good, not sure anyone else in World Rugby can do it better.

Doris was impressive, seems to be gaining that kind of wiry strength that he had at 20's level that allowed him to keep making yards in contact and get his arms free. Deegan caught a couple of restarts brilliantly but he wasn't involved enough. Don't think that was because he was at 6 though, think it was just because we wanted him in the wide channels and the ball didn't go his way.

It didn't matter in the end but Molony and Tracy showed great pace and determination to get back and stop their fullback after that break.

Kelleher overran a couple of passes but it's great to see him so eager to take the ball at pace, and he made plenty of strong carries when he did get it right. Felt sorry for him with the penalty he gave away, looked fine to me.

Adam had a great first half. Looked really confident in the air and very hungry for work. The penalty he conceded was a joke, someone jumped on him after he'd gone to ground to secure the ball, should have been our penalty. JOB is great to watch, always seems to know the right choice to make and his passing is really slick.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

Anonymous to you, for whatever reason. Was working hard and effectively all night. I thought Doris was quieter and Connors seems too small, albeit skillful.

Best game I have seen from Tomane. He surprised me. Looked fit with food mix of direct and passing skill.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

"Highlights" such as they are.
I think it is probably the worst highlights package I have ever seen. It is missing over 50% of the tries I think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U09Fi2knvyA
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

curates_egg wrote:"Highlights" such as they are.
I think it is probably the worst highlights package I have ever seen. It is missing over 50% of the tries I think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U09Fi2knvyA
they really dont give a sh!t. :lol:
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Two week ban for Tavuyara
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Jack Aungier, Ryan Baird and Conor O'Brien traveled as injury cover for this game.