Jealousy

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

bails
Graduate

Jealousy

Post by bails »

Good to see someone is obviously very jealous of our success.
And also has the arrogance to think he might be good enough that we might want him !

https://www.offtheball.com/rugby/simon- ... ter-911228
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Re: Jealousy

Post by blockhead »

It's a mark of respect to be honest, he may not realise it himself but that is the signal he is sending out in that interview. If Munster were the dominant team in this relationship then you might find Zebo and the rest of the turnip munchers to be a bit more magnanimous.
Long may they hate us.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

bails wrote:Good to see someone is obviously very jealous of our success.
And also has the arrogance to think he might be good enough that we might want him !

https://www.offtheball.com/rugby/simon- ... ter-911228
Gowl
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Living rent free in Munster heads 24/7 as the saying goes.

I think 'Zeebs' has shown again and again what an egotistical prat he is.

The stuff on Twitter after the Wales game mocking his former team mates was the perfect example of his mentality.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

A former Munster player hates Leinster???!!! Wow!

I never get the hate for Zebo, I usually hate all the other provinces when we play them too. Also don't get why he can't joke about the Wales game, it's a rugby match and his mates were playing, not a serious life or death situation. I like his honesty in interviews, would love if more players were like that and he's clearly a very popular guy.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Zebo played the best - not the flashiest - rugby of his life under Joe Schmidt - his involvement in the IRL win vs NZ in Chicago being the outstanding example. The problem with Zebo is he's a lazy s+++e and a disruptive personality in a squad context due to his delusions of grandeur. As the ancient Greeks used to say, "Empty vessels make the most noise".
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

How was he disruptive?
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:How was he disruptive?
The one tour to the USA he was supposedly nearly lifted by the cops after breaking an aerial off a car while drunk. Then there was the infamous ménage-à-trois in the Shelbourne with Murray and the young one from KPMG. The guy is a messer, I'm sure Joe was glad to see the back of him.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:A former Munster player hates Leinster???!!! Wow!

I never get the hate for Zebo, I usually hate all the other provinces when we play them too. Also don't get why he can't joke about the Wales game, it's a rugby match and his mates were playing, not a serious life or death situation. I like his honesty in interviews, would love if more players were like that and he's clearly a very popular guy.
A former Munster player hates Leinster???!!! Wow! I never get the hate for Zebo.
-odd set of sentences to put together.
And yet you totally understand and endorse Zebo's hate for Leinster.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

riocard911 wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:How was he disruptive?
The one tour to the USA he was supposedly nearly lifted by the cops after breaking an aerial off a car while drunk. Then there was the infamous ménage-à-trois in the Shelbourne with Murray and the young one from KPMG. The guy is a messer, I'm sure Joe was glad to see the back of him.
That wasn't a tour IIRC, it was a holiday after the Lions tour.

Funny how nobody says that Murray is disruptive when talking about the other incident.
lotmc
Learner

Post by lotmc »

He says that he would love to play Leinster some day... Well he is doing his best, week in and week out, to make sure that will not happen - Racing are second from bottom in the Top 14 at the moment. If I was a Racing supporter I would be happier if he was focused on playing better rather than continually trying to stir up stuff in Ireland.

He has just delivered another reason, if it was ever needed, why he should never wear a green jersey again.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

blockhead wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:A former Munster player hates Leinster???!!! Wow!

A former Munster player hates Leinster???!!! Wow! I never get the hate for Zebo.
-odd set of sentences to put together.
And yet you totally understand and endorse Zebo's hate for Leinster.
I don't see why he gets singled out for it and don't think it's big news that he hates Leinster.

I just think people jump on everything Zebo says and that it's OTT. There are a couple of things that I don't like about him tbh, I'm not actually his biggest fan, but I don't like the reaction to fairly bog standard things that he says. For example, when he says he'd like to playing for Ireland I can never understand why people take issue with that. He can't, and he knew that when he left, but he wishes it was different, big deal.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

I don't really see to much wrong with what he said here I would hope there is a lot of hate for Munster in the Leinster dressingroom, as long as you can control it and park it when you need to I think a bit of that type of thing is good.

I do think though that Zebo generally comes across as the guy we all knew/know in school/life who loves a good joke, loves banter etc. as long as he is the guy who gives it out., a roast master. He seems to get a bit pissy when the shoe is on the other foot which would make you question how genuine his 'Fun Bobby' persona really is. Of course I don't know the guy and I am only going on how he conducts himself in general/social media.

Anyway is he still playing rugby? :lol:
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

No problem with anything he said. "I love that I really dislike Leinster". Think its really refreshing to hear that kind of talk. Fair play to him.

I hope he finally finds some club level success to go with all that cash he got for moving :)
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

I've a massive problem with how he metaphorically rammed the knife into the back of Joe Schmidt, who's currently breaking his little bollix in Japan trying to get Ireland into a semi-final for the first time ever, by comparing him so unfavourably with Rob Penney and essentially laying all the blame for the team's recent disappointing results at the door of the coach. Scurrilous, IMO.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Logorrhea wrote:No problem with anything he said. "I love that I really dislike Leinster". Think its really refreshing to hear that kind of talk. Fair play to him.

I hope he finally finds some club level success to go with all that cash he got for moving :)
Yeah. I mean I don't think he even hates Leinster half as much as Keith Earls does, love the player, enjoy how much he hates us. Well on the days that it makes him tackle our player before the ball arrives and gives up a penalty try or when it makes him run on and pretend to score a try rather than hold his hands up in embarrassment exposing the hate as such a petty little thing. On the days he does a number on us because he's so worked up less so. And he really has done that.

Zebo never showed that level of motivation.
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

If we could get all our players to think like that Munster would be playing challenge cup
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

Interesting to hear how professional the Racing set up is - last time I watched him he looked like he had nibbled a few pies too many.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Who cares how much you hate your rival. He left the province he said he loved.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English