Embra Tickets

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

sexy_rexy wrote:I'm not really worried about tickets for this game, it's in Murrayfield, a place that's been sold out twice(as far as I know) in the last decade.

I'm very worried about when Leinster go to places like Gloucester, Ulster, Munster, and knock out stages of the Heineken cup. If they can't sort out tickets in a proper way for this game, what's it going to be like when there's five people screaming for every one tickets.

I know for one, I will be travelling to Ravenhill in December and at this stage I'm worried whether I'll even get tickets.....
I agree about Glaws (away) certainly. That said, and it's easier for me, probably as I live in the UK, I'll be booking tickets straight from Glaws themselves. I'm still not sure yet if I'm going, but as soon as tickets go on sale, I'll get them, and can make a decision nearer the time.

But it is frustrating, and the LB need to take on more people, and get this sorted out, quickly.
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

claire_m wrote:But it is frustrating, and the LB need to take on more people, and get this sorted out, quickly.
Frustrating it is, but one person, and maybe a cheap piece of software) can SURELY manage tickets for an operation of this size?
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

Eve wrote:
CRAZYDAVE wrote:
Eve wrote:I'm mad as hell over this and have submitted a rant to the official mb - let's see if it makes the cut :? :wink:
As I thought, Breener chickened out. Haven't seen your rant on the Deadsite yet..
Nothing else since though - may just not have updated yet
I think I'm being ignored :cry:
Summer is ready when you are

sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

meinster wrote:
claire_m wrote:But it is frustrating, and the LB need to take on more people, and get this sorted out, quickly.
Frustrating it is, but one person, and maybe a cheap piece of software) can SURELY manage tickets for an operation of this size?
I'm normally dead against Ticketmaster - but its getting to the stage where the branch should just outsource ticketing (they can't/don't seem to be able to cope doing it themselves). . give the link (and password) to season ticket holders first - then if theres any tickets left after the've had a chance to purchase - put them on general sale :!:
sexy_rexy
Rhys Ruddock

Post by sexy_rexy »

Just a warning for those that are thinking of buying their tickets on the day. The £15 price is only a pre-order price. As far as I can tell, the tickets will be £20 each on the day. See the gunner's website for more information....

http://www.edinburghrugby.com/index.php ... Itemid=154
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

And Leinster are charging €3 handling charge which is pure profit to go towards the ticket officer's salary for god's sake!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

sexy_rexy wrote:I'm not really worried about tickets for this game, it's in Murrayfield, a place that's been sold out twice(as far as I know) in the last decade.

I'm very worried about when Leinster go to places like Gloucester, Ulster, Munster, and knock out stages of the Heineken cup. If they can't sort out tickets in a proper way for this game, what's it going to be like when there's five people screaming for every one ticket.

I know for one, I will be travelling to Ravenhill in December and at this stage I'm worried whether I'll even get tickets.....
You have hit the nail on the head. That was the point of my rant.
T - 45
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

Eve wrote:
Eve wrote:
CRAZYDAVE wrote: As I thought, Breener chickened out. Haven't seen your rant on the Deadsite yet..
Nothing else since though - may just not have updated yet
I think I'm being ignored :cry:
Same with me - I have written twice to ask what the story was and even on the second one - the query was put as a question to the "masses" on the messageboard, but neither of them made it.

While I think that the ticket issues are a bad show and could and should have been avoided - I dont think that it is done either due to incompetancy or on purpose. - the reive stink that is being kicked up at the moment would alert the powers that something is up and should get them to examine the situation.

However, I do feel that the silence eminating from the branch is bad, they should tell us the plans and what is happening, stick to some agreed and defined guidelines and we the supporters will be satisfied.

Remember, while there is a sizable amount of people complaining on this messageboard, we are but a fraction of the support that actually go to games.

In the end, we will be OK for the away games, there will be tickets - some of us will get two and pass them on...
Get in the f%~king bag.
LeinsterBabe
Mullet

Post by LeinsterBabe »

Is Aine EVER in the office? Bloody out of office reply again. :roll: [/b]
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

I managed to get past the censorship brigade on the dead site!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

Someone needs to tell her she doesn't need to switch on Auto-reply every time she gets up from her desk :evil:

Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

sarah_lennon wrote:I managed to get past the censorship brigade on the dead site!
You must've been more diplomatic than the rest of us! :lol:

sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Eve wrote:
sarah_lennon wrote:I managed to get past the censorship brigade on the dead site!
You must've been more diplomatic than the rest of us! :lol:
I can only imagine! :lol:
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

Breener's pet :!: :!: :wink: :wink:
T - 45
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

CRAZYDAVE wrote:
Well with all the posts going up I bet it's not Aine! :lol:
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

sarah_lennon wrote:
CRAZYDAVE wrote:
Just had a look on the dead-site and saw what you posted. It was quite temperate in tone , etc. That's probably why it got through the "Ministry for Propaganda" :wink: :wink:
T - 45
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

CRAZYDAVE wrote:
sarah_lennon wrote:
CRAZYDAVE wrote: Breener's pet :!: :!: :wink: :wink:
Just had a look on the dead-site and saw what you posted. It was quite temperate in tone , etc. That's probably why it got through the "Ministry for Propaganda" :wink: :wink:
I thought I'd break through the forcefield and you can all reply to my post!!!!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

sarah_lennon wrote:
CRAZYDAVE wrote:
sarah_lennon wrote: Well with all the posts going up I bet it's not Aine! :lol:
AAhhh.... A cunning plan :idea: :idea: :idea:
T - 45
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

CRAZYDAVE wrote:
sarah_lennon wrote:
CRAZYDAVE wrote: Just had a look on the dead-site and saw what you posted. It was quite temperate in tone , etc. That's probably why it got through the "Ministry for Propaganda" :wink: :wink:
AAhhh.... A cunning plan :idea: :idea: :idea:
Apparently too cunning :lol:
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Reply sent in Sarah.
A proud Winsome Fluter