Porter/O'Sullivan
Moore
SR (Connacht?)
Deegan
Marmion/JGP
Carty/Byrne
Conway

PS nicked a few ideas from LRIP
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Ireland 6Ns 2020

Post by Twist »

I suppose its all idle speculation cos we’ve no idea what way Head Coach Farrell will want them to play

Im a big fan of Cooney though. Would love to see him & Carbery playing together as you have them there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

John Cooney is 29. A year younger than Murray and 2-3 years older than Marmion/McGrath.

Playing well for Ulster but I'm not sure why he should be parachuted in to #1 now, particularly if we're 'building for the future'.

I think the big changes will be Larmour to 15, Scannell to 2 and potentially Kilcoyne and Healy to become a much closer battle.

Lowe coming in will be a big boost also.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

wixfjord wrote:John Cooney is 29
Jeee Zus. Shut the door. Where did the time go?
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

wixfjord wrote:John Cooney is 29. A year younger than Murray and 2-3 years older than Marmion/McGrath.

Playing well for Ulster but I'm not sure why he should be parachuted in to #1 now, particularly if we're 'building for the future'.

I think the big changes will be Larmour to 15, Scannell to 2 and potentially Kilcoyne and Healy to become a much closer battle.

Lowe coming in will be a big boost also.
What's the penalty for fielding an ineligible player?
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

I think this team is close to what I would like to see in 2020 6N, however Lowe isn't eligible until the Autumn.

I think we should cut Johnny completely (Rob too) but he is in the first year of a 2 year central contract...how did that happen?

I agree with moving Porter back to Loose, our need is greater there.

Murray, POM and possibly Henderson should be dropped and required to play their way back to form.

Most of all Stockdale should be dropped, sure he wasn't given much good ball this tournament, but without the ball he is a total amateur in his approach...far too laid back and does not appearing to be learning well on the job. He enabled two tries yesterday with bad reads.

2023 Team

Porter D Sheehan Furlong
Baird Ryan
Leavy Deegan Doris

McGrath H. Byrne
Lowe Henshaw Ringrose Stockdale
Carberry
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

backrower8 wrote:I think this team is close to what I would like to see in 2020 6N, however Lowe isn't eligible until the Autumn.

I think we should cut Johnny completely (Rob too) but he is in the first year of a 2 year central contract...how did that happen?

Murray, POM and possibly Henderson should be dropped and required to play their way back to form.

Most of all Stockdale should be dropped, sure he wasn't given much good ball this tournament, but without the ball he is a total amateur in his approach...far too laid back and does not appearing to be learning well on the job. He enabled two tries yesterday with bad reads.

2023 Team

Porter D Sheehan Furlong
Baird Ryan
Leavy Deegan Doris

McGrath H. Byrne
Carberry
That's Leinster screwed for that season anyway.
McGrath won't be in 23 even, his pass is too unreliable.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

Oldschool wrote:
backrower8 wrote:I think this team is close to what I would like to see in 2020 6N, however Lowe isn't eligible until the Autumn.

2023 Team

Porter D Sheehan Furlong
Baird Ryan
Leavy Deegan Doris

McGrath H. Byrne
Carberry
Care to suggest a team yourself?
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

backrower8 wrote:
Oldschool wrote:

2023 Team

Porter D Sheehan Furlong
Baird Ryan
Leavy Deegan Doris

McGrath H. Byrne
Carberry
Care to suggest a team yourself?
You're a tad myopic there hard to ignore the potential of Casey, Hodnett, Baloucoune et al
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Not to mention guys already in the squad who will be 30/31 come 2023 like Farrell, Marmion, Henderson, Scannell, Beirne.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

2023 Team

Porter D Sheehan Furlong
Baird Ryan
Leavy Deegan Doris

McGrath H. Byrne
Carberry
I agree Lowe isn't eligible. Thats about it.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

ronk wrote:

2023 Team

Porter D Sheehan Furlong
Baird Ryan
Leavy Deegan Doris

McGrath H. Byrne
Carberry
Lowe will be eligible in 2023 and he might not even get selected.
Of the team suggested.
Porter Sheehan Furlong as is
Threadwell Ryan
Leavy Deegan Doris, (Beirne if Leavy doesn't make it)
Casey/Cooney Carberry
Lowe Henshaw Farrell Ringrose
Larmour.
Ringrose has everything and would totally tie up one wing defensively. Not this season but next as the next guys get the necessary experience and Carberry is bedded in.
Similar argument for Casey/Cooney re timing.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

I love how everyone has jumped on the Porter back to LH train. Not happening folks
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Peg Leg wrote:I love how everyone has jumped on the Porter back to LH train. Not happening folks
Given he played there at this RWC it might actually happen. There are some examples of props who regularly or at least occasionally switch back and forth between loose and tighthead (Mulipola, Jenkins, Slimani, Bealham, Bent, Heinke van der Merwe, Ollie le Roux, CJ van der Linde, Jason Leonard, etc). It's not necessarily impossible.

And it is much easier to go from tighthead to loosehead than the other way around.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

neiliog93 wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:I love how everyone has jumped on the Porter back to LH train. Not happening folks
Given he played there at this RWC it might actually happen. There are some examples of props who regularly or at least occasionally switch back and forth between loose and tighthead (Mulipola, Jenkins, Slimani, Bealham, Bent, Heinke van der Merwe, Ollie le Roux, CJ van der Linde, Jason Leonard, etc). It's not necessarily impossible.

And it is much easier to go from tighthead to loosehead than the other way around.
Possible, yes. In his interest or the interest of Leinster or Irish rugby: no. It's a handy trick for a RWC but not essential then.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

Peg Leg wrote:You're a tad myopic there hard to ignore the potential of Casey, Hodnett, Baloucoune et al
No doubt my selection isn’t perfect. Looking forward to seeing your selection.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

ronk wrote:

2023 Team

Porter D Sheehan Furlong
Baird Ryan
Leavy Deegan Doris

McGrath H. Byrne
Carberry
Put a team up and show us what you think and how strongly you disagree.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

ronk wrote:
neiliog93 wrote:

Possible, yes. In his interest or the interest of Leinster or Irish rugby: no. It's a handy trick for a RWC but not essential then.
It wouldn't surprise me if it happened in a few years but I don't see him moving back for at least a couple of seasons.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

D Sheehan at hooker. Who he?
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date this ban will be lifted: Never
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

tomthefan wrote:D Sheehan at hooker. Who he?
Dan Sheehan. Academy player. Playing Trinity 1sts last 2 seasons. Aged 21 (September), 1.91m/ 6ft 3 // 110kg/ 17 stone 5lbs. Joint-top try scorer (7) for Leinster-A so far this season .

8 months younger, 3 inches taller and a stone heavier than Kelleher. I am not saying he is better, but he is probably in the same class.