Graduate

Re: Leinster v Dragons RDS Friday 7.35 Eir/TG4

Post by Pilotman123 »

Great to see Hughie get his first try
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

Outrageous stuff from James Lowe and he never gave up the fight and managed to scramble his way out of his own try line and Byrno did well too. Great box kick from Hughie
Last edited by Pilotman123 on November 1st, 2019, 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

No better feeling than getting Leinstertained in the RDS on a Friday night
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

Gowan Byrno winning MOTM
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Well that got a bit ridiculous in the end!

Baird my MOTM. A serious serious operator. His physicality is immense for a sleight guy and caused them huge issues in the lineout.
ROL close behind. Penny had a really good game too as did Dev.

RK had another solid outing. Should bench for Europe.

I think we need to see a little bit more from JGP if he's going to start in Europe. Passing poor at times and kicking likewise.

COB made a fair few mistakes and looked rusty but is a pure tractor going forward.

Deegan fairly quiet again bar tackle in the corner.

Doris made a few poor handling errors but looks physically very comfortable and picks some nice lines close to a ruck.

No idea how Harry Byrne got MOTM but a lot of potential shown though and he's definitely more of an attacking threat than his bro. Was limping from about 50, what is it with the Byrne bros and the limping?!

I know I'm a big JOB fan and he was quiet, but I just love his passing ability. The pass for HOS try might not have looked much but just beautiful execution right in front of ROL on the run.
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

Wouldn’t be surprised if Bairdo turns out to be better than JR
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

I wouldn't be too harsh on Aungier for the scrum penalties given away while he was on. There was clear binding on the arm by Dragons 1 for both penalties, right in front of the ref on one occasion. Once 1 left the field, Aungier turned things around.
Anyone But New Zealand
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

FLIP wrote:I wouldn't be too harsh on Aungier for the scrum penalties given away while he was on. There was clear binding on the arm by Dragons 1 for both penalties, right in front of the ref on one occasion. Once 1 left the field, Aungier turned things around.
St Fintans and all the people from Suttonians RFC would be proud
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

For what it’s worth Baird my MOTM too... serious line out operator and around the pitch - him an JR the second row future for Leinster ... bring it on
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

alanair wrote:For what it’s worth Baird my MOTM too... serious line out operator and around the pitch - him an JR the second row future for Leinster ... bring it on
Agree totally should have been baird
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Thought Baird and Harry Byrne were both exceptional but would have given MOTM to Baird because he didn't make any mistakes. The former only turned 20 in July and the latter was April...scary.

Baird just has everything. His work rate on the both sides of the ball is phenomenal and he has the athleticism to make tackles that he has not right to. Thought he was really unlucky to give a penalty away on their 22, it looked to me as if he'd done unbelievably well to scrag the runner and then get back to his feet and get on the ball. Think he had two lineout steals and his close in carrying and tidying up of loose ball were really impressive. I said in one of the Ireland threads that we have a short term problem at lock but it's hard not to see Baird being involved fairly soon.

Harry Byrne seemed oblivious to the wet conditions that forced others to make handling errors, it was a bit freakish. He's just a constant threat and can pass short, long, left, right, basketball style, doesn't matter what he has to do he just finds a way to do it. It was a pity about the missed kicks but he's a lovely striker of the ball and so much of his kicking was top class.

Ronan Kelleher was seriously impressive as well. His darts were great in really difficult conditions, bodes very well for the future and I'd start him in Europe regardless of Cronin's fitness. It doesn't sound like he will be fit but even if he is I'd just bench him for the first two games assuming Kelleher is still going well over these few weeks.

I thought Dev played well too, far more like his old self. Some big hits, a lineout steal, and some brilliant clearouts.

Open to correction on this but think Deegan had three handling errors and Doris had four. Neither are taking their chances at the moment although neither played particularly poorly either despite those errors. Both carried well close in and Deegan had that great tackle in the corner. I really like the way Doris is always keeping an eye out for the pick and go, I can see that being really important for us in tighter games.

Penny was everywhere, he just knows where to be and his skills are excellent.

I know he got two tries but J-Lo sure does look more...well built...than last season.
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Thought Baird and Harry Byrne were both exceptional but would have given MOTM to Baird because he didn't make any mistakes. The former only turned 20 in July and the latter was April...scary.

Baird just has everything. His work rate on the both sides of the ball is phenomenal and he has the athleticism to make tackles that he has not right to. Thought he was really unlucky to give a penalty away on their 22, it looked to me as if he'd done unbelievably well to scrag the runner and then get back to his feet and get on the ball. Think he had two lineout steals and his close in carrying and tidying up of loose ball were really impressive. I said in one of the Ireland threads that we have a short term problem at lock but it's hard not to see Baird being involved fairly soon.

Harry Byrne seemed oblivious to the wet conditions that forced others to make handling errors, it was a bit freakish. He's just a constant threat and can pass short, long, left, right, basketball style, doesn't matter what he has to do he just finds a way to do it. It was a pity about the missed kicks but he's a lovely striker of the ball and so much of his kicking was top class.

Ronan Kelleher was seriously impressive as well. His darts were great in really difficult conditions, bodes very well for the future and I'd start him in Europe regardless of Cronin's fitness. It doesn't sound like he will be fit but even if he is I'd just bench him for the first two games assuming Kelleher is still going well over these few weeks.

I thought Dev played well too, far more like his old self. Some big hits, a lineout steal, and some brilliant clearouts.

Open to correction on this but think Deegan had three handling errors and Doris had four. Neither are taking their chances at the moment although neither played particularly poorly either despite those errors. Both carried well close in and Deegan had that great tackle in the corner. I really like the way Doris is always keeping an eye out for the pick and go, I can see that being really important for us in tighter games.

Penny was everywhere, he just knows where to be and his skills are excellent.

I know he got two tries but J-Lo sure does look more...well built...than last season.
I thought you were talking about the Michael’s Senior Cup team from 2016 there’s many players you mentioned that were in that team.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Enjoyed that.

Doris is continuing to impress despite a couple of knock on's (but it was slippy enough...), Baird looks the real deal, very impressive, Average Dave was his usual excellent self, Lowe full of beans and interesting to see a full game from Harry Byrne.

He has a howitzer of a boot, attacks the line well, passes well and looks like a serious operator. Stupidly early to say this but he looks like he could be the real deal......seriously impressed.

My only question now is which Byrne leaves and ends up in Turnip land or Ulster !! Oh dear. Perhaps Munster will take a Byrne and finally cop on and move Carbery to 15 !!

Benty continues to be our unsung hero and Dev is such a joy to watch coming back to form. Our maul looks so solid with him and his ruck work tonight was noticeable, constant work.

ROL is proving to be a very reliable backup to Ringers.

Deegan had some big moments but seems to drift a bit in concentration at other times.

LPG yes made a few mistakes but his passing is so snappy and keeps us moving at all times. He has a Reddan esque tempo at times. Yes accuracy needs to improve but tempo is constantly fast.

How on earth did that 3-0 win over Zebre happen, different team tonight. Perhaps the stodgy ground in Italy was worse than we thought !!
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

So many Michael’s breathers in the Leinster team #swords
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

The quality of Jimmy O'Brien's draw and pass for Lowe's first try was top notch. Would he get more chances to do that type of stuff if he was playing 13?
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

Pilotman123 wrote:So many Michael’s breathers in the Leinster team #swords
You’re getting seriously tiresome now.
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Really missing the ability to hide posts from specific people.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Serb wrote:Really missing the ability to hide posts from specific people.
Click on their username and then click on "Add foe". Best feature on the board.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish