Blues Talk tv

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

blockhead
Rob Kearney

Re: Blues Talk tv

Post by blockhead »

I can't remember but did Dennis Leamy get a mention?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
bluestalktv
Knowledgeable

Post by bluestalktv »

This week we take a look back at Ireland’s historic and disappointing loss to Japan in the Rugby World Cup and preview the game against Russia. We review Leinster’s bonus point win away to Benetton Rugby as the Guinness Pro14 returns and look forward to the visit of Ospreys to the RDS.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

bluestalktv wrote:This week we take a look back at Ireland’s historic and disappointing loss to Japan in the Rugby World Cup and preview the game against Russia. We review Leinster’s bonus point win away to Benetton Rugby as the Guinness Pro14 returns and look forward to the visit of Ospreys to the RDS.
More heat less light?......
bluestalktv
Knowledgeable

Post by bluestalktv »

This week on Blues Talk TV we take a look back at Ireland’s win over Russia, Leinster’s victory over Ospreys, discuss the weather in Japan and look forward to Ireland’s final Rugby World Cup pool game against Samoa and Leinster’s Guinness Pro14 clash with Edinburgh in the RDS.

Note, the files were named incorrectly by our production assistant. He has been punished severely
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

bluestalktv wrote: He has been punished severely
Did you suspend his twitter account? :D
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
bluestalktv
Knowledgeable

Post by bluestalktv »

This week on Blues Talk TV we take a look back at Leinster’s bonus point victory over Edinburgh in the Guinness Pro14 before reviewing Ireland’s Rugby World Cup victory over Samoa and previewing our Quarter-Final clash with the New Zealand All Blacks.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

bluestalktv wrote:This week on Blues Talk TV we take a look back at Leinster’s bonus point victory over Edinburgh in the Guinness Pro14 before reviewing Ireland’s Rugby World Cup victory over Samoa and previewing our Quarter-Final clash with the New Zealand All Blacks.
Nice to see I'm not the only one on this forum who likes Sir Mix-a-lot!!!
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Question for Dave for this week's show: should David Nucifora be fired after Ireland's abysmal performance in the quarter final of the RWC? I think he should - and Philip Browne along with him. That Carbery move to Munster caused bucket loads of bad blood - see Thomond match at Xmas - which I suspect is at the bottom of why the Irish team "inexplicably" managed collectively to commit a whole heap of mistakes in a match they'd being preparing for for four years!!!!! And why did Johnny do kicking practice on the Friday on his own? Why weren't Carbery and Murray there too? One can hardly claim they had more important things to do!!!! Leinster 2017/2018 were playing the very sort of rugby with Sexton at 10 and Carbery at 15 that all the pundits have been telling us since Saturday that NZ recently invented with Muonga and Barrett and Ireland should copy. What a joke. If it wasn't so stupid it might be funny!!!!
bluestalktv
Knowledgeable

Post by bluestalktv »

This week on Blues Talk TV we take a look back at the Rugby World Cup Final, discuss Ireland’s disappointing campaign and review Leinster’s victory over Dragons before previewing the inter-provincial clash with Connacht in the Guinness Pro14 and taking at look at the rest of the weeks news.
JWG
Beginner

Post by JWG »

Hey Lads, long time listener first time caller here. Just wanted to say thanks for all your dedication over the years. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed listening to you year in year out.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

riocard911 wrote:Question for Dave for this week's show: should David Nucifora be fired after Ireland's abysmal performance in the quarter final of the RWC? I think he should - and Philip Browne along with him. That Carbery move to Munster caused bucket loads of bad blood - see Thomond match at Xmas - which I suspect is at the bottom of why the Irish team "inexplicably" managed collectively to commit a whole heap of mistakes in a match they'd being preparing for for four years!!!!! And why did Johnny do kicking practice on the Friday on his own? Why weren't Carbery and Murray there too? One can hardly claim they had more important things to do!!!! Leinster 2017/2018 were playing the very sort of rugby with Sexton at 10 and Carbery at 15 that all the pundits have been telling us since Saturday that NZ recently invented with Muonga and Barrett and Ireland should copy. What a joke. If it wasn't so stupid it might be funny!!!!
Was my question too inflammatory or am I the lower tone of listener yiz are trying to rise above? ... :?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

...or I forgot :oops:
I have Bumbleflex
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Dave Cahill wrote:...or I forgot :oops:
Musha, could happen to a bishop!!!
bluestalktv
Knowledgeable

Post by bluestalktv »

This week we take a look back at Leinster’s inter-provincial victory away to Connacht in the Guinness Pro14 before previewing our first Heineken Champions Cup fixture of the season against Benetton Rugby in the RDS and discussing the rest of the week’s rugby
bluestalktv
Knowledgeable

Post by bluestalktv »

This week on Blues Talk we review Leinster’s bonus point win over Benetton in the first round of this seasons Champions Cup, discuss the rest of the weekend’s action before previewing our trip to Lyon to take on the current leaders of the Top 14
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

bluestalktv wrote:This week on Blues Talk we review Leinster’s bonus point win over Benetton in the first round of this seasons Champions Cup, discuss the rest of the weekend’s action before previewing our trip to Lyon to take on the current leaders of the Top 14
Thinking back who's left from the glory years and yiz forget to name check Ciano... OMG!!! :roll:
bluestalktv
Knowledgeable

Post by bluestalktv »

On this week’s episode of Blues Talk TV we take a look back at Leinster’s victory over Lyon in the Heineken European Champions Cup and discuss the rest of the weekend’s action before previewing the return of the Guinness Pro14 and Leinster’s trip to Glasgow to take on the Warriors
bluestalktv
Knowledgeable

Post by bluestalktv »

This week on Blues Talk TV we take a look back at Leinster’s bonus point win away to Northampton Saints in the Heineken European Champions Cup and review the rest of the weekend’s results before previewing the return fixture in the Aviva Stadium on Saturday and looking forward to the rest of the games.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

On the issue of comparing player spend. The RFU sepnds £5.75-6.35m(£25k per match - 20k in Wales) on match appearance fees for 10-11 games per season. Converted to €, coaching ticket and the rest, probably gets you to c€9m. So deduct that from the pro game costs then divide by 4?

FWIW I'd say we're probably a little above the GP salary cap but below the T14 Salary cap. None of the others are above the GP salary cap though.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
bluestalktv
Knowledgeable

Post by bluestalktv »

This week we take a look back at Leinster’s victory over Northampton Saints in the Aviva Stadium in the Champions Cup and the rest of the weekend’s rugby before previewing the visit of Ulster to the RDS in the Guinness Pro14 and discussing Andy Farrell’s first squad gathering as Ireland Head Coach.