Munster, The Money Pit Province 2019/2020

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: Munster, The Money Pit Province 2019/2020

Post by Dave Cahill »

Ruckedtobits wrote:
There's four 6N Tournaments before the next Rugby World Cup. November 2021 is the date we need to be looking at who are potential contenders for RWC2023.

Who gives a f%~k
I have Bumbleflex
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Yeah...because COB and Frawley will still be behind Robbie, De Allende will be at Munster, and the Connacht and Ulster lads aren't good enough IMO.

Not sure what you're not getting here, it would be better for Ireland if one of COB or Frawley were going to be starting games in Europe over the next couple of years.

Edit to add: Like I said, it's contingent on Aki's future but even if he stays he'll be 33 at the next World Cup so we could really do with another option elsewhere.
Whether De Allende is signed or not they'll be behind Robbie anyway and Tomane will be gone. Is your point one of them should move to Munster in place of De Allende?

I've given in and no longer hope to see Henshaw fulfill his test potential(France 2015 RWC was it), he's just to injury prone to pin your hopes on. I've high expectations that one of the 2 to get minutes. I don't get any of the energy from either you get from Henshaw(or Aki) though.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I'd just be repeating myself tbh.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

15. Mike Haley 14. Andrew Conway 13. Chris Farrell 12. Rory Scannell 11. Keith Earls 10. Tyler Bleyendaal 9. Conor Murray

1. Jeremy Loughman 2. Niall Scannell 3. John Ryan 4. Jean Kleyn 5. Billy Holland 6. Peter O’Mahony (captain) 7. Tommy O’Donnell 8. CJ Stander
Replacements:
16. Kevin O’Byrne 17. James Cronin 18. Stephen Archer 19. Tadhg Beirne 20. Arno Botha 21. Alby Mathewson 22. Sammy Arnold 23. Dan Goggin

Go Jeremy!
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

It'll be interesting to see how Kleyn gets on, I think he's under a lot of pressure to keep his place for Munster never mind Ireland.

Surprised JOD isn't involved, thought he was finally beginning to deliver on his potential.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:It'll be interesting to see how Kleyn gets on, I think he's under a lot of pressure to keep his place for Munster never mind Ireland.

Surprised JOD isn't involved, thought he was finally beginning to deliver on his potential.
Who's putting him under pressure? He's a hero who walked onto the Ireland team for the warm ups, made the squad ahead of Toner and didn't mess up hugely.

He shouldn't need to do much to get picked ahead of Holland (or Beirne).
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

ronk wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:It'll be interesting to see how Kleyn gets on, I think he's under a lot of pressure to keep his place for Munster never mind Ireland.

Who's putting him under pressure? He's a hero who walked onto the Ireland team for the warm ups, made the squad ahead of Toner and didn't mess up hugely.

On the basis that you are being sarcastic about Kleyn then.
+1
Which isn't to say that he can't do a job for them in the the Pro14 and at a stretch the HCC pool games.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

ronk wrote:

The competition isn't great but I just don't think he's very good and he was taken off early last week despite the game being in the balance.

Holland is a really good player, a big leader for them and just a smart and reliable guy to have around. Beirne is obviously very talented and personally I'd have them both ahead of Kleyn, and tbh I'd have Wycherley ahead of him as well.

Outside of scrummaging (which is obvuously hard to judge for a lock) I just don't think he's doing anything well at the moment.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Holland is underrated, sure. But he's at the end of his career and Munster have a signing next year at lock.

It'll fit the narrative to ease Holland out. Plus it's a South African coach picking a South African player who has been getting picked so far.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Snyman is irrelevant to this season though. Beirne will surely come back in as a starter soon and once he does I think it's very much 50/50 between Kleyn and Holland unless Kleyn's form improves.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

If Holland isn't first choice at the end of this season, Snyman looks more like a necessary acquisition than a luxury one. This narrative seems to be important to Munster.

I think the 50:50 calls will be favouring Kleyn over Holland.

Kleyn has established himself with the rugby public as an enforcer. He doesn't need to carry, pass or win many lineouts. It makes him a safe selection.
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

ronk wrote:Holland is underrated, sure. But he's at the end of his career and Munster have a signing next year at lock.

It'll fit the narrative to ease Holland out. Plus it's a South African coach picking a South African player who has been getting picked so far.
I actually don't feel that Billy Holland was underrated for most of his career, for me it's more a case that he's been a very late bloomer.
Possibly because of a lack of opportunity due to POC and DOC being unmovable for so long and when one of them was out
Mick O'Driscoll always seemed to be first in line.
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date this ban will be lifted: Never
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

.........aaaaand speaking of dramatic ways to win.

They’ll dine out on that for years but really should’ve scored a fourth long beforehand
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

Twist wrote:.........aaaaand speaking of dramatic ways to win.

They’ll dine out on that for years but really should’ve scored a fourth long beforehand
First game of the campaign, could be an omen like the Johnny Sexton, le drop! C'est dur, c'est terrible, terrible!
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date this ban will be lifted: Never
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

I didn't see the game so does anyone know what CJ is at here?

https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/sta ... 43104?s=09
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Laighin Break wrote:I didn't see the game so does anyone know what CJ is at here?

https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/sta ... 43104?s=09
An earlier scrum near the start of the second half when score was 13-6 Munster (or something like that) Ospreys won a scrum penalty and the number 4 stood over CJ and was goading him. Don’t love it but what’s good for the goose...
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I think the Ospreys had gone a bit OTT celebrating a scrum penalty just before it. I sped through the recording though so wasn't paying 100% attention.

Kleyn played alright tbf to him. Thought himself, Holland, and POM played well. Stander was brilliant, seemed to be his best game in ages. I wasn't paying much attention to Loughman tbh but by all accounts he played really well (got MOTM) and he did have some really good moments.

Rory Scannell played very well too, best I've seen from him in a while.

Edit: Take OTT's explanation over mine, I wasn't disputing what he said!
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Wonder how this will go down in Limerick. https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/leamy-help ... wjAvIUiIqo
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

offshorerules wrote:Wonder how this will go down in Limerick. https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/leamy-help ... wjAvIUiIqo
Quiet satisfaction that they have an inside track on the best up and coming prospects?
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

On course to cough up 5 points here...

Racing look like the team I thought they’d be last season