Munster, The Money Pit Province 2019/2020

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Re: Munster, The Money Pit Province 2019/2020

Post by Flash Gordon »

blockhead wrote:
FLIP wrote:BOD selling the last bit of his soul to BT by calling for the medic to be punished.
BOD said
“When it happens from management, particularly from medics, a very important position of power, to abuse a player and to use some pretty unsavoury phraseology; we certainly don’t want that in our game, and I’m not shocked to hear that the EPCR have decided to investigate that a little bit more.”
Sounds fair enough tbh.
Let them investigate, will come to nought I'd imagine.
I agree with Drico's comments to be honest. The medic was gobbing to the touch judge before that too.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I've seen quite a lot of praise for this performance and I'm not sure why. They were really hanging on at times in the first half and should have received at least one yellow card. And I didn't see a lot to get excited about in attack, thought Saracens suffocated them pretty well for the most part.

Kleyn was awful in the bit I saw before heading to the Aviva but then when I watched the full thing he was actually excellent for a lot of his performance. I always like to single out anyone who I've been critical of and he had one brilliant try saving tackle, an unbelievable take from a 22, and generally put himself about very well with his tackling and clearouts.

Murray isn't playing badly but he doesn't look anywhere near his best, he's barely recognisable from the player of 18 months ago and it's a big problem for them because they don't have the firepower elsewhere to get away with him being fairly average.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

tomthefan wrote:Apart from what you might call cameos from Tyler, Joey and Johnny Holland, so few in number, have they been, we haven't had a quality 10 since ROG. So the guts of 10 years. If we had we'd possibly have won the HC a couple of more times. People forget how close we came in semis in France 5 or 6 years ago. The missed dg against Racing, the missed penalty today are typical of what's been happening year in year out for us. I don't know why the relatively easy kick to secure a losing bonus point was spurned today but if it was because JJ didn't fancy it or because he wasn't fancied for it then he needs to go. We persisted far too long with IK, hoping he'd develop and it never really happened. If JJ isn't good enough by now then he never will be.
It wasn't the 10 in 2016. It wasn't the 10 in 2017. It wasn't the 10 in 2018. It wasn't the 10 in 2019. No, it's not the 10.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

paddyor wrote:
tomthefan wrote:Apart from what you might call cameos from Tyler, Joey and Johnny Holland, so few in number, have they been, we haven't had a quality 10 since ROG. So the guts of 10 years. If we had we'd possibly have won the HC a couple of more times. People forget how close we came in semis in France 5 or 6 years ago. The missed dg against Racing, the missed penalty today are typical of what's been happening year in year out for us. I don't know why the relatively easy kick to secure a losing bonus point was spurned today but if it was because JJ didn't fancy it or because he wasn't fancied for it then he needs to go. We persisted far too long with IK, hoping he'd develop and it never really happened. If JJ isn't good enough by now then he never will be.
It wasn't the 10 in 2016. It wasn't the 10 in 2017. It wasn't the 10 in 2018. It wasn't the 10 in 2019. No, it's not the 10.
It's never ALL down to one person but arguably above all others you can't afford for your out half to be a passenger and that's what we've had for years.
International standard pack, world class scrum half, club standard out half. Simple points being left behind match after match, sapping the morale
of the team as a whole and especially of the player himself. We were going into every game spancilled, every game had to be won the hard way.
Rather like Liverpool were all down the years with keepers from Calamity James onwards until they signed Allison Becker.
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date this ban will be lifted: Never
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Yeah it was Keatley who missed all those lineouts against Racing when everyone decided he was the problem.

No wait: he rescued your incompetent pack from missed lineout, your scrum half had a stinker and has barely had a good game for you since, your back row got blown off the ball, you couldn't protect your rucks, and poor CJ was double teamed every time he carried and was tackled to a standstill.

Your pack is the biggest problem. Munster dont have a lock that would make the Leinster 23. The prop that would is injured.
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

fourthirtythree wrote:Yeah it was Keatley who missed all those lineouts against Racing when everyone decided he was the problem.

No wait: he rescued your incompetent pack from missed lineout, your scrum half had a stinker and has barely had a good game for you since, your back row got blown off the ball, you couldn't protect your rucks, and poor CJ was double teamed every time he carried and was tackled to a standstill.

Your pack is the biggest problem. Munster dont have a lock that would make the Leinster 23. The prop that would is injured.
We saw glimpses last season of the difference a decent out half makes to Munster, not least in the games against your lot.
No reason was specified.

fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

And every time Munster meet a top pack they get beaten, even if they aren't playing well like Saracens.

Edit
Worth pointing out that Leinster beat themselves. Even playing against 13/14 Munster didn't create in that match. If you think that was a template for Munster victories in the future led by creativity at outhalf that is merely a symptom of the delusional thinking that has stopped Munster creating a home grown outhalf in 20 years. JJ's current run excepted, but they'll screw that up when they get the opportunity.
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

fourthirtythree wrote:And every time Munster meet a top pack they get beaten, even if they aren't playing well like Saracens.
Last season, Munster's pack beat yours as did Saracens, remember?

fourthirtythree wrote: Worth pointing out that Leinster beat themselves. Even playing against 13/14 Munster didn't create in that match. If you think that was a template for Munster victories in the future led by creativity at outhalf that is merely a symptom of the delusional thinking that has stopped Munster creating a home grown outhalf in 20 years. JJ's current run excepted, but they'll screw that up when they get the opportunity.
You're just ranting now.
No reason was specified.

blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

"One swallow does not a summer make" Aristotle
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

tomthefan wrote:It's never ALL down to one person but arguably above all others you can't afford for your out half to be a passenger and that's what we've had for years.
International standard pack, world class scrum half, club standard out half. Simple points being left behind match after match, sapping the morale
of the team as a whole and especially of the player himself. We were going into every game spancilled, every game had to be won the hard way.
Rather like Liverpool were all down the years with keepers from Calamity James onwards until they signed Allison Becker.
You were in 2 finals since you last picked up silverware and got absolutely spanked in both. 31-13 vs Glasgow and 22-46 vs Scarlets both of those games in Ireland. How did you look at either of them results and come away with the idea the proiblem was the 10? You were comprehensively outplayed accross all facets of the game. Just like against Racing and Saracens twice in the HEC SFs.

If you put Decker in the Liverpool teams James played in he wouldn't have turned Liverpool into a league winning side anymore than ROG would have turned the tide in those games.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Pepe Reina
I have Bumbleflex
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Munster's problem (they're are not the only ones btw) is denial.
The current version of Murray is not playing well enough to be in Munster's matchday 23.
It's likely that the coaching ticket (CT) are aware of this but Herr Nucifora has decided that like Ulster and Pienaar, it's time for Munster to go to their own (or our) well.
In the pack, they are badly in need of a top class SR, signing an SAn centre will do nothing for them if they don't sort out their pack's deficiencies.
POM is the elephant in the corner or in the BR.
Again will anyone bite the bullet.
He gets a couple of turnovers (lineout and breakdown) and it's the biggest cheer of the match.
Others do way more and it's just their regular performance.
Ditch the liginds, select on form, not myth cos you're still living in the past.
The CT may be aware of the issues but something is preventing them sorting out the issues.
Ulster apparently had too much external input into infield side of things.
McFarland's arrival coincided with a clear out and if results are anything to go by they are on the up and up.
Maybe Munster need the same kind of shoeing.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Munster do lots of clear outs. Younger players who aren’t breaking though and cheap signings who didn’t set the world on fire.

They’re due to sign a RWC winning lock next season. They need to work with what they got.
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

ronk wrote:They need to work with what they got.
Wise words ronk, indeed, it's hard to see how one could work with anything else. :lol:
No reason was specified.

The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

tomthefan wrote:
ronk wrote:They need to work with what they got.
Wise words ronk, indeed, it's hard to see how one could work with anything else. :lol:
Working with what others have is not unknown down south

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Yeahoung Casey's performance against
Connacht demonstrates just how poor Murray's form is.
Casey may be rough around the edges but he has a better pass, moves the ball a lot quicker and as the game wore on looked more comfortable.
What he needs now more than anything else is game time.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Pretty disappointing to hear about Duncan Williams troubles at Munster.

Not the most gifted of players but you could always tell he loved playing for Munster.

https://www.the42.ie/duncan-williams-in ... 8-Dec2019/

I'm not looking to start a bun fight here but if this sh!t is happening across ANY of the provinces it needs to stop.

Targeting players in the street or online is f%~kin' ridiculous.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

LeinsterLeader wrote:Pretty disappointing to hear about Duncan Williams troubles at Munster.

Not the most gifted of players but you could always tell he loved playing for Munster.

I'm not looking to start a bun fight here but if this sh!t is happening across ANY of the provinces it needs to stop.

The brave and faithful best fans in the world.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

LeinsterLeader wrote:Pretty disappointing to hear about Duncan Williams troubles at Munster.

He loved playing for Munster in spite of the fans, not because of them.

How do they think they can win in such a toxic environment? Disgraceful.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

I've been less than complimentary about him in the past but can't fathom why/how people feel the need to say this stuff to people in the street etc.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles