Will Connors

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Blue not red blood
Mullet

Will Connors

Post by Blue not red blood »

Good article on him today and his desire to stay at Leinster.

I would like to propose that we give him the nickname, Lumberjack , as he chops down everything in sight
matt
Graduate

Re: Will Connors

Post by matt »

Looking forward to another big performance tonight. His low height tackle technique was very effective away to Connacht & Glasgow 2 very difficult places to go. Is he a similar type player to Dan Lydiate about 2011 as a 6?

Will also be good to see if Connors, Deegan & Penny provide good balance in the back row. They are certainly mobile enough.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Fock me, the lad has had scant opportunity to play for HIS team, the team that he supported, with mentors he admires. Can the press not just let the lad be a Leinster player for a moment before lubing up a pathway to their preferred province in need. At the very least let him realise his potential in the most competitive environment available to him at this level and he can decide from there. He's a fekn zygote in professional rugby terms, give him a minute.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Those pricks in the papers are salivating over some bloody soap opera/conveyor belt/money move story that could f%~k up a players career. Really gets on my nerves.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

Peg Leg wrote:Fock me, the lad has had scant opportunity to play for HIS team, the team that he supported, with mentors he admires. Can the press not just let the lad be a Leinster player for a moment before lubing up a pathway to their preferred province in need. At the very least let him realise his potential in the most competitive environment available to him at this level and he can decide from there. He's a fekn zygote in professional rugby terms, give him a minute.

Hear Hear!!!
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Peg Leg wrote:Fock me, the lad has had scant opportunity to play for HIS team, the team that he supported, with mentors he admires. Can the press not just let the lad be a Leinster player for a moment before lubing up a pathway to their preferred province in need. At the very least let him realise his potential in the most competitive environment available to him at this level and he can decide from there. He's a fekn zygote in professional rugby terms, give him a minute.
It's goddam rugby communism!
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

Blue not red blood wrote:Good article on him today and his desire to stay at Leinster.

I would like to propose that we give him the nickname, Lumberjack , as he chops down everything in sight
He already has a nickname : Porridge
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

desperado wrote:
Blue not red blood wrote:Good article on him today and his desire to stay at Leinster.

He already has a nickname : Porridge
Stops cholesterol in its' tracks.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Been watching him closely for two Seasons (Club & Academy) and think he has almost all of what's needed to get to the top. But, I totally agree that media should back off and let him relish the journey. If he is playing in a Leinster back-row next Christmas against Sarries in the back-to-back fixtures alongside Dan Leavy and Doris and jumping at six in the line-out, time enough then for somebody to speculate where this journey might take him.

Personally, I think his skill-set is very similar to Tom Croft, Leicester, England & Lions.
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

Ruckedtobits wrote:Been watching him closely for two Seasons (Club & Academy) and think he has almost all of what's needed to get to the top. But, I totally agree that media should back off and let him relish the journey. If he is playing in a Leinster back-row next Christmas against Sarries in the back-to-back fixtures alongside Dan Leavy and Doris and jumping at six in the line-out, time enough then for somebody to speculate where this journey might take him.

Personally, I think his skill-set is very similar to Tom Croft, Leicester, England & Lions.
Agree and a real nice guy to boot. Lets all sit back and watch it happen. If he lives up to early potential he will
definitely be a keeper.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

tingman wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:Been watching him closely for two Seasons (Club & Academy) and think he has almost all of what's needed to get to the top. But, I totally agree that media should back off and let him relish the journey. If he is playing in a Leinster back-row next Christmas against Sarries in the back-to-back fixtures alongside Dan Leavy and Doris and jumping at six in the line-out, time enough then for somebody to speculate where this journey might take him.

Agree and a real nice guy to boot. Lets all sit back and watch it happen. If he lives up to early potential he will
definitely be a keeper.
Ah here - you want him to leave Leinster to go play soccer or GAA?

Joking!!!!!
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Could not agree more Peg Leg.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Two great takes at six in the line-out! (besides much more of what he has been producing all Season) Maybe I should go and have a bet on meeting Sarries in the Pool games next December?

Another very decent contribution in the Connors Scrapbook of Performances.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

"He’s had a really impressive year. We have a little stat board inside about dominant tackles throughout the season and I think he’s top of it anyway at the moment. Another really competitive area in the team so when guys get their chance they have to really take it with the competition that’s there.”

Leo mentioned this after the game.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

The Jeremy Corbyn of Provinces (Munster - never winning, in denial and always looking to spread wealth of talent by nicking it from other people) no doubt will be keen to get their hands on Connors. I am sure he is on the shopping list for the next round of IRFU begging along with who knows, Porter ?? Frawley ?? COB ?? - sure whoever takes their fancy.

Now that they broken Carbery perhaps they can have Harry Byrne or sure why not Ross too....

Happy New Year all - still delighted about the Munster game - bar winning the HCUP is there a sweeter feeling than leaving Shelbyville with a win !!

Here is to a 5 star 2020 !!! and sure another PRO 14 while we are at it !!!