Moderator: moderators

joooooe
Enlightened

Re: A whiff of Cordite

Post by joooooe »

Peg Leg wrote:
joooooe wrote:
blockhead wrote:Headline in the Mirror.
"Tadhg Furlong and Jack Ryan back Ireland newcomers Caelan Doris and Ronan Kelleher to become Test stars"

Are we all to call him Jack now?
He is a clear and present danger
Booooom.

Lock the thread, we're done here.

Thanks, though personally I preferred the Boy George quip in t'other thread
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

joooooe wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:
joooooe wrote: He is a clear and present danger
Booooom.

Lock the thread, we're done here.

Thanks, though personally I preferred the Boy George quip in t'other thread
Which in turn has been usurped by the Mako CEO post. Everyone's a f%~king gag merchant on babbling brook.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Peg Leg wrote:
joooooe wrote:Thanks, though personally I preferred the Boy George quip in t'other thread
Which in turn has been usurped by the Mako CEO post. Everyone's a f%~king gag merchant on babbling brook.
As far as Companies House is concerned we are.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Blue Joe has signed up with Clermont until the end of the season.
There may be trouble ahead.
:(
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Reported to be just for two weeks
locho
Bookworm

Post by locho »

jimbobjoe wrote:Reported to be just for two weeks
I really hope this is the case would be difficult situation if he stayed on and ended up on the line in a potential HEC semi-final in the Aviva!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

I was extrapolating.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Is that a Munster "two weeks" or a normal calendar two weeks??.....
Dont Panic!
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Dexter wrote:
Is that a Munster "two weeks" or a normal calendar two weeks??.....
Only one area in the world works on Turnip Time
Anyone But New Zealand
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

The latest article from Matt Williams: nothing to say, said badly.

Link: https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... -1.4157581

Can somebody else read this and tell me if they gain any insight from it please? To me it's just a jumble of clichés, misplaced commas, misused quotation marks, misspellings and completely derivative commentary.

It is genuinely as bad an article as I have ever read on any topic in the Irish Times. They should have turned it down.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

hugonaut wrote:The latest article from Matt Williams: nothing to say, said badly.

Can somebody else read this and tell me if they gain any insight from it please? To me it's just a jumble of clichés, misplaced commas, misused quotation marks, misspellings and completely derivative commentary.

It is genuinely as bad an article as I have ever read on any topic in the Irish Times. They should have turned it down.
“Piggy” being an ancient expression of loving endearment towards our less glamourised comrades, numbered one to five, while the “engine room” refers to the place where the forwards collide, creating rising steam.
:lol:

SO bad it's good.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

I'm sure it's terrible, it's not like he hasn't form for cant, clichés, and disjointed warbling, but he said somethong earlier which I thonk is right. The Irish media and team, both playong and management, have done an unseemly dump on Schmidt and abaolved everone else publicly from blame. It doesnt look temotely like a critical review. Farrell said a couple of videos and turned a page. If that's true we may still have a short new coach bounce but it doesn't bode well for the future.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

fourthirtythree wrote:I'm sure it's terrible, it's not like he hasn't form for cant, clichés, and disjointed warbling, but he said somethong earlier which I thonk is right. The Irish media and team, both playong and management, have done an unseemly dump on Schmidt and abaolved everone else publicly from blame. It doesnt look temotely like a critical review. Farrell said a couple of videos and turned a page. If that's true we may still have a short new coach bounce but it doesn't bode well for the future.
You need a sub editor.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Re the "unseemly dump on Schmidt", I think the only Irish journalist, who emerged from post-RWC fall out with any credit, was Neil Francis. His article, where he compared Joe's Irish rugby legacy to that of Michael Jordan's re Chicago's basketball, struck me as justifiably generous and very fair.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

riocard911 wrote:Re the "unseemly dump on Schmidt", I think the only Irish journalist, who emerged from post-RWC fall out with any credit, was Neil Francis. His article, where he compared Joe's Irish rugby legacy to that of Michael Jordan's re Chicago's basketball, struck me as justifiably generous and very fair.
Haven't read that, but I still have respect for Gerry Thornley. I know his ubiquity can count against him but he generally doesn't overdo praise or scorn which is something I like a lot.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Mike Sherry was on OTB yesterday and was pretty good, would like to hear more from him.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Twist wrote:
riocard911 wrote:Re the "unseemly dump on Schmidt", I think the only Irish journalist, who emerged from post-RWC fall out with any credit, was Neil Francis. His article, where he compared Joe's Irish rugby legacy to that of Michael Jordan's re Chicago's basketball, struck me as justifiably generous and very fair.
Haven't read that, but I still have respect for Gerry Thornley. I know his ubiquity can count against him but he generally doesn't overdo praise or scorn which is something I like a lot.
That's true; Gervais didn't partake in the pile on, fair play to him. He's very funny and self-deprecating too on twitter.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

hugonaut wrote:The latest article from Matt Williams: nothing to say, said badly.

He's not calling Shane Horgan Shaggy anymore, as the Bellewstown man dislikes that soubriquet.

Channelling Gervais Thornley there
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Mike Sherry was on OTB yesterday and was pretty good, would like to hear more from him.
Nice to hear - will check it out.

A lot of OTB rugby content is really bland and offers very little in terms of insight. BOD's offering being a prime example.
bluemagic
Enlightened

Post by bluemagic »

Morf wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Mike Sherry was on OTB yesterday and was pretty good, would like to hear more from him.
Nice to hear - will check it out.

A lot of OTB rugby content is really bland and offers very little in terms of insight. BOD's offering being a prime example.
O’Gara too. I swear they look at the scores five minutes before they come on and wheel out whatever cliches are most appropriate on air. At least other podcasts who do that have some banter to make it entertaining.
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****