Agen - Can someone bring tickets over for me

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Agen - Can someone bring tickets over for me

Post by The Doc »

Hi,

I said I would buy 2 tickets for a Leinster supporter living near Agen who wanted to go to the game but get in with the away supporters. When they go on sale I will buy them but need a friendly soul to carry them over and meet up with the nice lady. I presume there'll be some pub people will gather in.

Any charitable souls out there can you leave a message here or PM me.

Many thanks
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

I'm staying in Toulouse and travelling to Agen on the day of the game. If you can find someone who's staying in Agen to carry the tickets for you, it might make more sense, but I'll gladly do it otherwise. I don't know the details, but I assume we'll be getting a train from Toulouse to Agen in plenty of time for the match, so we'll probably be in a boozer somewhere in Agen before the game.....

See if you get a better offer, and if not, come back to me when you've bought the tickets. I live and work very close to town so shouldn't be a problem getting the tickets from you.
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

I'd say most people will be in the terrace (think they have a promenade in front of the main stand) so she should be able to buy tickets from Agen and mix in with the rest of us.
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

Doc

Would be happy to oblige but as my transport to Agen involves Easyjet you may not want to risk it! The safest option may be to give them to someone travelling with KT - since it's the team charter, if they don't make it there won't be a match!

Anyway, let me know if you don't get a better offer.

T
"What is immediately striking is that as soon as an oval ball appears in a group of men there's an extraordinary release of heat." Robert Roy
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

DHL them across - a pack of tickets will cost next to nothing to send.
Get in the f%~king bag.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Tara - thanks for the offer. More worried about you going by Easyjet than the tickets :wink:

May do Slipper - though a couple of people have offered here - and it would be nice for them to meet up with the Leinster crowd before the game.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Doc,

I've no problem taking them over.
I'll be in Agen from Friday evening.
You can give them to me at the Agen home match.

I had a look at their website and it seems the meeting place for their supporters club is a place called
Café de la Poste
82, bd Carnot
47 000 AGEN

Nothing's decided yet but we may well make that our HQ for the trip, particularly if it's rugby friendly.

In any case wherever we decide to meet, your friends will be more than welcome to join up with us for the day.

Just ask them to wear something blue and maybe pack some earplugs if they're sensitive to noise :wink:
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

I think our HQ should be the IBIS in Agen. . .isnt everybody going to be there :wink:
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

The Doc wrote:Tara - thanks for the offer. More worried about you going by Easyjet than the tickets :wink:
Hmm, yes well now that you mention it the last time I tried to Easyjet it to Toulouse I ended up taking a 12 hour train journey instead. Still, it did involve lots of beer and men taking their clothes off, so it's a hardship I would be prepared to bear again, for the good of the team you understand. ;)
"What is immediately striking is that as soon as an oval ball appears in a group of men there's an extraordinary release of heat." Robert Roy
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Tara wrote:Still, it did involve lots of beer and men taking their clothes off, so it's a hardship I would be prepared to bear again, for the good of the team you understand. ;)
Completely understood - taking one for the team - very comendable :wink:

Now if you could sort out the lots of beer and people taking their clothes off without the train bit, it would almost be perfect. :D

"Game? - what game?"
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

The Doc wrote:
Tara wrote:Still, it did involve lots of beer and men taking their clothes off, so it's a hardship I would be prepared to bear again, for the good of the team you understand. ;)

Now if you could sort out the lots of beer and people taking their clothes off without the train bit, it would almost be perfect. :D

"Game? - what game?"
Well I can't make any promises but Shagger is on this trip. Hey SS, how about we stage an impromptu calendar photo shoot in Agen? Eve, would the boas be available in time?
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Tara wrote:
The Doc wrote:

"Game? - what game?"
Well I can't make any promises but Shagger is on this trip. Hey SS, how about we stage an impromptu calendar photo shoot in Agen? Eve, would the boas be available in time?
I believe the plan is to have the boas ready for the home Agen trip, so indeed they would be.

Shame I won't be there to 'witness' the site. Still, at least I'll be able to keep my lunch down! :wink:
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

Finally - a reason to be happy I'm not going to Agen!! :D
Summer is ready when you are

Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

Eve wrote:Finally - a reason to be happy I'm not going to Agen!! :D
SS, it looks like the objector in chief to your calendar idea won't be in Agen so this could be your chance. Altho so far the only other person I have heard talk about going is Grumpy and I'm not quite sure he's model material. :oops:
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Tara wrote:
SS, it looks like the objector in chief to your calendar idea won't be in Agen so this could be your chance. Altho so far the only other person I have heard talk about going is Grumpy and I'm not quite sure he's model material. :oops:
pot,kettle :roll:

:lol:
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:
Tara wrote:

You're right Grumpy. I would never make a convincing nude male model either. Hey, what do you think Eve is going to call the thread when she splits out these posts?
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

Tara wrote:
Grumpy Old Man wrote:
Tara wrote: SS, it looks like the objector in chief to your calendar idea won't be in Agen so this could be your chance. Altho so far the only other person I have heard talk about going is Grumpy and I'm not quite sure he's model material. :oops:

You're right Grumpy. I would never make a convincing nude male model either. Hey, what do you think Eve is going to call the thread when she splits out these posts?
might have to run a poll :lol:
Summer is ready when you are

Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Tara wrote:
Grumpy Old Man wrote:
Tara wrote: SS, it looks like the objector in chief to your calendar idea won't be in Agen so this could be your chance. Altho so far the only other person I have heard talk about going is Grumpy and I'm not quite sure he's model material. :oops:

Please refrain from using the words "nude male model" and "splits" in the same post - not a pleasant mental image :shock: