Thank You

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

Thanks a million Flash and Fungalboy. Great day out despite the weather and the disappointing result. As always, the Ulster supporters were very welcoming and shook hands with everyone after the game.

Had a great laugh on the bus. Thanks to Leinsterbabe's mag, the back of bus 1 was a little more educated on womens' grooming and an in-depth discussion re male grooming in a similar vein ensued. I think it was an education for many.
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Oh and thanks to Rexy for his <ahem> marvellous CD of "classics" - timed to prefection so that Club Tropicana was blaring out as we pulled up at Ravers. :lol:

And also a big :clap: to Cahill for his Leinster DVD with some classic recent scores on it.
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Gerry Thornley mentioned the windscreen wipers! :lol:
I have Bumbleflex
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Fair play to Flash, Fungalboy and Ckav for organising the trip.
The Harp in the brewery was lovely, although in fairness I don't think I've ever had free beer I didn't like! :wink:

Gas to hear that the driver of Mystery Bus 2 was even worse than our guy. Although, at least our guy has the excuse of coming from Latvia!
In fairness, he did do the last hour of the trip with no windscreen wiper so he deserves some credit.

There was some gas crack on the bus, particularly Leo reading the "Dear Deirdre" page in the sun.
Line of the weekend goes to Mullet though.

As Sheepshagger was attempting to read one of Deirdre's letters out he shouted "I can't understand the foreigner. Go back to Poland!" :lol: :lol:

And as for Disco picking up the tab in Eddies?

Well, the legend just got more legendary!
dodderee
Learner

Post by dodderee »

Thanks to everyone for a great day...

the Harp stop-off was inspired .. 'twas a treat to see a queue outside the gents for a change!!! :lol:

and tho' we might've won, based on the 'win your home matches' rule 'twas a result. 6-all was fair given the conditions :)

Losing a windscreen wiper in a howling gale was original - what's up next?
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Slipper1 wrote:
apple sourz wrote:
Slipper1 wrote:We dont buy the indo, we dont buy the indo, na na na na na hey, na na na na hey...repeat as required

Give us a wave Gerry, give us a wave; Give us a wave Gerry , give us a wave..

-------------------------------------------------------------

The pint after the game was like drinking harp on a loose iceberg in an atlantic storm. why we didnt at least try to stand in the tent I dont know.

Liginds, we are all liginds....
It was actually 'We'll all buy the indo' becasue Gerry wouldn't give us a wave!!
:oops: On my own again, I was having so much fun on my on again.....

Nope I was singing that too!! Trailblazers us!

Cheers for the day lads.. and Harp - now in my top ten of beers yay!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I have Bumbleflex
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

thanks to the harp boys , and we even get a mention in the Irish times............................Adding to their woes about losing Felipe Contepomi for the pivotal month of their season, Leinster have also been hit with a propping crisis that will oblige them to seek an additional wild card to their frontrow options for the Heineken European Cup. To this end, they have been looking at the possibility of signing the Northland NPC prop Stan Wright.

Concern over Will Green's neck injury was compounded on Saturday night when their Samoan tighthead Fosi Pala'amo suffered at best a sprained ankle - the direct result of the scrum difficulties Leinster were having at Ravenhill. When the Leinster scrum buckled, scrumhalf Chris Whitaker was forced to pick up and drive, whereupon he was tackled and landed on the Samoan's ankle.

That apart, coach Michael Cheika was palpably the more pleased with Saturday night's share of the four Magners Celtic League points.

"I don't think I've ever been involved in a game with so much pick and drive," he said. "It's funny, when the (international) boys were away the previous week and it was just a mudheap in Anglesea Road, that was all we did, not with any idea that this would be the case.

"But I was really proud of them. They showed a lot of courage and heart. A lot of teams would have thrown in the towel against that breeze at three-nil up, but we knew at half-time how difficult conditions were, so we were confident that we could keep ourselves in the game.

"And we've now kept ourselves in touch with Ulster, which is the important thing because we get them now in Lansdowne Road at the end of the year" - a reference to the final, final farewell to Lansdowne Road on New Year's Eve in what is rapidly approaching a sell-out.

Cheika took heart from this effort in terms of readying Leinster for their European Cup meetings with Agen over the next fortnight.

"That type of ticker (courage) is something we can really use. It only galvanises a team when they play a game like that . . . that was a real step forward for us in the engine room."

By contrast, although his counterpart Mark McCall hailed a controlled first-half performance, he admitted: "Our second half was a disappointment to us. I thought our discipline was poor . . . Having said all that, I thought they (Leinster) played really well in the second half. The way they kept the ball was exceptional. I suppose you could say we were perhaps a bit fortunate to get a draw."

His assistant Allen Clarke echoed McCall's view that Ulster won't have learnt an awful lot from the night, but he found consolation in that ahead of next week's Eurpopean Cup clash away to London Irish: "If London Irish are looking at that game, the one thing we'll take out of it is that they haven't learnt much."

And McCall is sure this will be an altogether different type of game.

"I expect London Irish to throw the ball around and play with width. Because of where they are in the table they have nothing to lose by going for a bonus point so I expect them to give the ball a bit of air. Our forwards may not do much on Monday but our backs certainly will."

Clarke also hailed the "fantastic" atmosphere generated by the 12,500 crowd. Among those was a noisy band of Leinster supporters, the self-styled Ultras. For one coachload, their journey home was delayed until late into a stormy might when the windscreen wipers blew away.

Email to a Friend | Email to Author | Print this Page
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Dave Cahill wrote:Image

While War, Famine, and Death posed for a photo prior to their works outing, Pestilence, the fourth Horseman of the Apocalypse, was having a pee around the back.
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

I took a photo from the bus at one point! Very interesting views there were! Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your perspective) it didn't turn out
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
LeinsterBabe
Mullet

Post by LeinsterBabe »

Again, thanks a million to Flash and Fungalboy for organising the trip.

Thanks also to everyone in the back of bus 1 for a very entertaining journey, particularly Digger, Rexy, Leo and Shagger. Some very funny moments, one that sticks out is waking up to hear Rexy commenting on a very gruff, manly voice and Digger's outraged "That's my mother!"
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Oh and Jedifart's stirring rendition of the New Zealand anthem. :mrgreen:

Vic Reeves couldn't have done it better.....
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
Mrs. Miggins
Bookworm

Post by Mrs. Miggins »

Thanks to all (especially Flash, Fungalboy & the masterbrewer) for a great day trip. I watched most of the game again yesterday (to fill in the bits that I couldn't see at the time, being short) & we were really very good in the second half !
I hate to say it but - are we Munster in disguise ??!

We like to maul it maul it....... we like to maauuul it.
StuF
Mullet

Post by StuF »

Mrs. Miggins wrote:Thanks to all (especially Flash, Fungalboy & the masterbrewer) for a great day trip. I watched most of the game again yesterday (to fill in the bits that I couldn't see at the time, being short) & we were really very good in the second half !

We did have a short rendition of "boring boring Leinster" over in the terrace after D'Arcy's drop-goal to give the Nordies a laugh
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Donny B. wrote:Fair play to Flash, Fungalboy and Ckav for organising the trip.
The Harp in the brewery was lovely, although in fairness I don't think I've ever had free beer I didn't like! :wink:

Gas to hear that the driver of Mystery Bus 2 was even worse than our guy. Although, at least our guy has the excuse of coming from Latvia!
In fairness, he did do the last hour of the trip with no windscreen wiper so he deserves some credit.

There was some gas crack on the bus, particularly Leo reading the "Dear Deirdre" page in the sun.
Line of the weekend goes to Mullet though.

As Sheepshagger was attempting to read one of Deirdre's letters out he shouted "I can't understand the foreigner. Go back to Poland!" :lol: :lol:

And as for Disco picking up the tab in Eddies?

Well, the legend just got more legendary!
You're v welcome !

- another cracking day out Up North, complete with bus parking in a Loyalist Council Estate, Viduka throwing a wobbler when the wipers blew off, arriving in Kielys amidst Apocalypse Now conditions, and having dinner bought by BOD and Denis.

Brilliantly organised stop - off at HARP, thanks to the Diageo team for all you did for us guys.

Massive buala bos :happy clapper:
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

Mrs. Miggins wrote:Thanks to all (especially Flash, CKavand Fungalboy & the masterbrewer) for a great day trip. I watched most of the game again yesterday (to fill in the bits that I couldn't see at the time, being short) & we were really very good in the second half !

Absolutely, many thanks to all involved especially Flash and Fungal Boy - top day out, throughly enjoyable. Ulster fans were superb and the ground is so much better than LR or the Brook. :cry:

Plus those of us who bought the long coats didn't notice the weather conditions at all! :wink:

BTW Mrs Miggins, I'd change your avatar if I were you or you'll have Shagger salivating over his computer - I thought he was gonna mug Sarah for a bit of her pie after the game!!! :lol:
Muriel
Seán Cronin

Post by Muriel »

Flash, fungalboy, thanks again for organising everything :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
Mrs. Miggins
Bookworm

Post by Mrs. Miggins »

combatlogo wrote:BTW Mrs Miggins, I'd change your avatar if I were you or you'll have Shagger salivating over his computer - I thought he was gonna mug Sarah for a bit of her pie after the game!!! :lol:
A salivating Shagger ...... shudder ....... that's strong motivation to find a new pic !! :lol: I pity IT support in his workplace - he must get through a shedload of keyboards !
the_git
Graduate

Post by the_git »

Thanks for all the hard work put in by Flash + co.
Well done :clap:
---
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Another great line came back to me.

I can't remember who said it but someone looked at Flash and Fungal and muttered "Fecking Marketing people, couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery!"

This was after we left the piss-up....in a brewery! :lol: :lol: :lol: