Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby footrush » October 1st, 2018, 2:57 pm

curates_egg wrote:
nc6000 wrote:Just announced the 2020 finals will be in Marseille on 22nd/23rd of May.


Good venue but Italy gets shafted again.
I wonder are the hotels in Marseille already triple price?

Last time we went there found the atmosphere, surroundings and general security etc really unfriendly and very much as if they were expecting a soccer crowd, not ideal for a rugby festival !.
Flying wedge
User avatar
footrush
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2002
Joined: February 5th, 2009, 8:50 pm
Location: Marble City

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby wixfjord » October 6th, 2018, 4:45 pm

Dan Robson got an achilles injury today playing for Wasps. Sounds like he'll miss next week.
They did get Thomas Young back though.

They went down at home to Glos who are in Munster's group.
wixfjord
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3982
Joined: April 13th, 2009, 1:00 pm

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby curates_egg » October 7th, 2018, 11:36 am

Toulouse scraped through a scrappy derby in the rain against Agen. Relatively full side, with Dupont playing for the first time since doing his cruciate against Ireland in the 6 nations.
User avatar
curates_egg
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2095
Joined: November 29th, 2011, 4:50 pm
Location: Brussels, Belgium

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby curates_egg » October 7th, 2018, 11:39 am

footrush wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
nc6000 wrote:Just announced the 2020 finals will be in Marseille on 22nd/23rd of May.


Good venue but Italy gets shafted again.
I wonder are the hotels in Marseille already triple price?

Last time we went there found the atmosphere, surroundings and general security etc really unfriendly and very much as if they were expecting a soccer crowd, not ideal for a rugby festival !.


There's a bit of crime in the city and they were on guard after the Paris attacks (had Nice happened yet?). I more meant that the surrounding area is nice: you can have a nice holiday if you want. A bit like Bilbao this year.
User avatar
curates_egg
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2095
Joined: November 29th, 2011, 4:50 pm
Location: Brussels, Belgium

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby footrush » October 8th, 2018, 11:57 am

Last time we went there found the atmosphere, surroundings and general security etc really unfriendly and very much as if they were expecting a soccer crowd, not ideal for a rugby festival !.[/quote]

There's a bit of crime in the city and they were on guard after the Paris attacks (had Nice happened yet?). I more meant that the surrounding area is nice: you can have a nice holiday if you want. A bit like Bilbao this year.[/quote]
Found the stewarding really heavy handed probably for the reasons that you have stated ?. Stadium was fine but I felt that in Bilbao last year they were much more open to the idea that rugby support is often different to soccer support. Mainly stayed around the old port so didn’t see much of the rest of the city.
Flying wedge
User avatar
footrush
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2002
Joined: February 5th, 2009, 8:50 pm
Location: Marble City

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby FLIP » October 9th, 2018, 3:57 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/45797390

Faletau has broken his arm. Time on the sidelines not yet known.
Anyone But New Zealand
FLIP
Mullet
 
Posts: 1412
Joined: May 22nd, 2009, 1:00 am

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby OTT » October 13th, 2018, 2:45 pm

Freddie Burns :oops:
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
OTT
Enlightened
 
Posts: 965
Joined: February 2nd, 2012, 5:19 pm
Location: Blackrock

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby wixfjord » October 13th, 2018, 2:48 pm

That was comedy gold!
wixfjord
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3982
Joined: April 13th, 2009, 1:00 pm

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby Dave Cahill » October 13th, 2018, 2:56 pm

Neither team are anything near what they once were, but that was a very enjoyable game of rugby
I have Bumbleflex
User avatar
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 21428
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 4:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby cormac » October 13th, 2018, 2:56 pm

Bath 20 Toulouse 22

Freddy Burns hands the game to Toulouse.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
User avatar
cormac
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5091
Joined: May 24th, 2006, 2:05 pm

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby Theleinsterlad » October 13th, 2018, 3:08 pm

cormac wrote:Bath 20 Toulouse 22

Freddy Burns hands the game to Toulouse.


Unbelievable 5 minutes period by him. Couldn’t believe he was so blaze as he got over the line. Put the ball down and stop patting urself on the back for a half done job
Theleinsterlad
Learner
 
Posts: 55
Joined: April 22nd, 2018, 7:18 pm

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby D4surfer » October 13th, 2018, 3:51 pm

Watching Exeter v Munster and POM is binding on the leg of the tight head prop again. I can’t believe the officials haven’t noticed or Exeter haven’t made them aware of it.
D4surfer
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 256
Joined: May 13th, 2009, 11:34 am

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby Theleinsterlad » October 13th, 2018, 4:02 pm

D4surfer wrote:Watching Exeter v Munster and POM is binding on the leg of the tight head prop again. I can’t believe the officials haven’t noticed or Exeter haven’t made them aware of it.


In fairness it ain’t doing them any good Exeter have got 2 pens for the last two scrums
Theleinsterlad
Learner
 
Posts: 55
Joined: April 22nd, 2018, 7:18 pm

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby D4surfer » October 13th, 2018, 4:23 pm

Theleinsterlad wrote:
D4surfer wrote:Watching Exeter v Munster and POM is binding on the leg of the tight head prop again. I can’t believe the officials haven’t noticed or Exeter haven’t made them aware of it.


In fairness it ain’t doing them any good Exeter have got 2 pens for the last two scrums


Make that 3 penalties. DOC has just admitted in commentary that it’s illegal.
D4surfer
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 256
Joined: May 13th, 2009, 11:34 am

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby CiaranIrl » October 13th, 2018, 4:58 pm

Theleinsterlad wrote:
cormac wrote:Bath 20 Toulouse 22

Freddy Burns hands the game to Toulouse.


Unbelievable 5 minutes period by him. Couldn’t believe he was so blaze as he got over the line. Put the ball down and stop patting urself on the back for a half done job


https://twitter.com/VMSportIE/status/10 ... 5240101888
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
User avatar
CiaranIrl
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3173
Joined: April 27th, 2009, 11:23 am
Location: Dun Laoghaire

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby nc6000 » October 13th, 2018, 8:35 pm

Three wins out of three for the French teams today including two away wins, they could win two of their three games tomorrow too. How will the English spin that?
User avatar
nc6000
Mullet
 
Posts: 1664
Joined: June 25th, 2007, 8:17 pm

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby riocard911 » October 13th, 2018, 10:34 pm

nc6000 wrote:Three wins out of three for the French teams today including two away wins, they could win two of their three games tomorrow too. How will the English spin that?


a: Eddie Jones crocked all their best lads?
riocard911
Mullet
 
Posts: 1479
Joined: July 27th, 2015, 10:42 pm

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby neill_m » October 13th, 2018, 11:42 pm

CiaranIrl wrote:
Theleinsterlad wrote:
cormac wrote:Bath 20 Toulouse 22

Freddy Burns hands the game to Toulouse.


Unbelievable 5 minutes period by him. Couldn’t believe he was so blaze as he got over the line. Put the ball down and stop patting urself on the back for a half done job


https://twitter.com/VMSportIE/status/10 ... 5240101888


Freddie Burns will be having nightmares over that.....
neill_m
Graduate
 
Posts: 598
Joined: May 1st, 2014, 12:39 pm

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby Oldschool » October 14th, 2018, 9:07 am

neill_m wrote:Freddie Burns will be having nightmares over that.....

A site ar&e has the same effect apparently.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
User avatar
Oldschool
Shane Horgan
 
Posts: 11032
Joined: March 27th, 2008, 2:10 pm

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby D4surfer » October 14th, 2018, 4:55 pm

Sarries really are an odious bunch of w@nkers.
D4surfer
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 256
Joined: May 13th, 2009, 11:34 am

PreviousNext

Return to Leinster Addicts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cormac, neiliog93 and 7 guests