Pre-Season 2018/19

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Re: Pre-Season 2018/19

Postby ronk » June 20th, 2018, 9:11 pm

Depends on how natural a fullback Frawley is. Once he’s on the bench, he can be used as sub fullback, say by moving Larmour to the wing.
User avatar
ronk
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 9195
Joined: April 9th, 2009, 12:42 am

Re: Pre-Season 2018/19

Postby A16 » June 27th, 2018, 3:55 pm

I just noticed that we’re apparently scheduled to play another pre season friendly against Coventry on the 18th of August in Donnybrook, which is the day after the previous game against Newcastle. It is supposed to be ‘Leinster development’ which is Leinster A who will be playing. I don’t see how that would work though, and it hasn’t been announced by Leinster themselves. Does anyone know anything about this?
A16
Learner
 
Posts: 97
Joined: December 29th, 2017, 5:39 am

Re: Pre-Season 2018/19

Postby limecat » June 27th, 2018, 5:05 pm

A16 wrote:I just noticed that we’re apparently scheduled to play another pre season friendly against Coventry on the 18th of August in Donnybrook, which is the day after the previous game against Newcastle. It is supposed to be ‘Leinster development’ which is Leinster A who will be playing. I don’t see how that would work though, and it hasn’t been announced by Leinster themselves. Does anyone know anything about this?


http://www.coventryrugby.co.uk/2018/06/26/leinster-test-beckons-for-coventry-rugby/
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on twitter.

Image
User avatar
limecat
Lazy totalitarian
 
Posts: 5160
Joined: February 17th, 2005, 11:25 pm
Location: a strangely isolated place

Re: Pre-Season 2018/19

Postby mildlyinterested » June 27th, 2018, 5:55 pm

Leinster development was the name of the u20 side last summer.
mildlyinterested
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2015
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Pre-Season 2018/19

Postby A16 » June 27th, 2018, 6:07 pm

mildlyinterested wrote:Leinster development was the name of the u20 side last summer.

Oh that would make more sense. They referred to Leinster development as the team that lost in the final of the B&I Cup last year, so I presumed they were talking about a Leinster A side. But it could have been an error. Thanks for the clarification anyway mildly.
A16
Learner
 
Posts: 97
Joined: December 29th, 2017, 5:39 am

Re: Pre-Season 2018/19

Postby TerenureJim » June 29th, 2018, 8:22 am

limecat wrote:
A16 wrote:I just noticed that we’re apparently scheduled to play another pre season friendly against Coventry on the 18th of August in Donnybrook, which is the day after the previous game against Newcastle. It is supposed to be ‘Leinster development’ which is Leinster A who will be playing. I don’t see how that would work though, and it hasn’t been announced by Leinster themselves. Does anyone know anything about this?


http://www.coventryrugby.co.uk/2018/06/26/leinster-test-beckons-for-coventry-rugby/


Coventry rugby I thought they were called Wasps :mullet 1:
User avatar
TerenureJim
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5183
Joined: May 5th, 2009, 10:09 am

Re: Pre-Season 2018/19

Postby mildlyinterested » July 9th, 2018, 11:12 am

http://www.the42.ie/rugby-fitness-leins ... 1-Jul2018/

players to do own preseason fitness away from UCD.

team meets up again on 23rd of July.
mildlyinterested
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2015
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Pre-Season 2018/19

Postby johng » July 10th, 2018, 9:47 am

So no sign of another Friendly on the weekend of the 25th of August? We would normally play 2 at home with the 2nd one the week before the start of the season.
User avatar
johng
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 17281
Joined: March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 pm
Location: Behind You!!

Re: Pre-Season 2018/19

Postby LeRouxIsPHat » July 10th, 2018, 11:14 am

I'd certainly want another game for Frawley to play in anyway.
User avatar
LeRouxIsPHat
Shane Horgan
 
Posts: 11178
Joined: January 22nd, 2009, 8:49 pm

Re: Pre-Season 2018/19

Postby BlueWheels » July 10th, 2018, 4:00 pm

johng wrote:So no sign of another Friendly on the weekend of the 25th of August? We would normally play 2 at home with the 2nd one the week before the start of the season


Isn't that the weekend a certain Rome based Argentinian who wears long flowing white robes visits Dublin? :D
The Gardaí may have requested it be kept free as there's quite a bit going on that weekend, particularly in D4.

Any friendly that weekend might be better off played away.
User avatar
BlueWheels
Bookworm
 
Posts: 190
Joined: August 17th, 2010, 4:02 pm
Location: Looking over the fence

Re: Pre-Season 2018/19

Postby Peg Leg » July 10th, 2018, 5:28 pm

BlueWheels wrote:
johng wrote:So no sign of another Friendly on the weekend of the 25th of August? We would normally play 2 at home with the 2nd one the week before the start of the season


Isn't that the weekend a certain Rome based Argentinian who wears long flowing white robes visits Dublin? :D
The Gardaí may have requested it be kept free as there's quite a bit going on that weekend, particularly in D4.

Any friendly that weekend might be better off played away.
My first immediate reaction to reading that was 'why are the gardai involved in Felipe's arrival?'
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
User avatar
Peg Leg
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 8628
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 6:08 pm
Location: Procrastinasia

Re: Pre-Season 2018/19

Postby Dave Cahill » July 10th, 2018, 6:09 pm

Cullen may have gone full Cheika - the friendly will be played last week against Beszel in Cair Paravel
I have Bumbleflex
User avatar
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 21374
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 4:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business

Re: Pre-Season 2018/19

Postby mildlyinterested » July 23rd, 2018, 3:05 pm

squad back to training on campus today, irish players included.
mildlyinterested
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2015
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Pre-Season 2018/19

Postby mildlyinterested » July 24th, 2018, 3:37 pm

https://www.sportsfile.com/more-images/775197765/

pictures of squad..

no players on trail as far as i can spot.
mildlyinterested
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2015
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Pre-Season 2018/19

Postby domhnallj » July 24th, 2018, 3:40 pm

mildlyinterested wrote:https://www.sportsfile.com/more-images/775197765/

pictures of squad..

no players on trail as far as i can spot.


Either McFadden didn't get the memo to wear the black gear or he's joined the coaching staff.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
User avatar
domhnallj
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2628
Joined: May 19th, 2011, 9:12 am

Re: Pre-Season 2018/19

Postby mildlyinterested » July 24th, 2018, 3:41 pm

domhnallj wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:https://www.sportsfile.com/more-images/775197765/

pictures of squad..

no players on trail as far as i can spot.


Either McFadden didn't get the memo to wear the black gear or he's joined the coaching staff.


or he is injured.

Harry Byrne training with senior squad as opposed to u20's, unlike Baird, Milne and Penny. unsurprising due to lack of depth at position.
mildlyinterested
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2015
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Pre-Season 2018/19

Postby Xanthippe » July 25th, 2018, 3:52 pm

mildlyinterested wrote:
Harry Byrne training with senior squad as opposed to u20's, unlike Baird, Milne and Penny. unsurprising due to lack of depth at position.


No sign of Johnny Sexton in any of the pictures
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE



I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
User avatar
Xanthippe
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3520
Joined: September 5th, 2008, 6:48 pm

Re: Pre-Season 2018/19

Postby mildlyinterested » July 25th, 2018, 3:54 pm

Xanthippe wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:
Harry Byrne training with senior squad as opposed to u20's, unlike Baird, Milne and Penny. unsurprising due to lack of depth at position.


No sign of Johnny Sexton in any of the pictures


lots of players missing.
mildlyinterested
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2015
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Pre-Season 2018/19

Postby Degz » July 26th, 2018, 7:04 am

So there will be nothing the weekend of the 25th? Seems very strange.
User avatar
Degz
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2280
Joined: May 16th, 2009, 7:08 pm

Re: Pre-Season 2018/19

Postby mildlyinterested » August 8th, 2018, 12:05 pm

basically no preseason coverage/photos/videos online.
mildlyinterested
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2015
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

PreviousNext

Return to Leinster Addicts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SemrushBot [Bot] and 3 guests