Leinster Scrum Coach

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Re: Leinster Scrum Coach

Postby jimbobjoe » April 17th, 2019, 10:05 am

He probably has aspirations to be a head coach one day. The opportunity to work in a different system with a top class coaching team would be deemed as a positive for most - certainly not a demotion.
I'll die before I surrender, Tim.
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Postby mildlyinterested » April 17th, 2019, 10:17 am

it's clearly a step down for him IMO
mildlyinterested
Malcolm O'Kelly

Postby hugonaut » April 17th, 2019, 1:52 pm

That's a strong appointment if the speculation is correct. You don't get to coach at Six Nations level for over a decade if you have nothing about you.
hugonaut
Brian O'Driscoll

Postby wixfjord » April 17th, 2019, 1:54 pm

I know feck all about McBryde but given his pedigree and our brains trust's recent record for hiring I'd be optimistic.
wixfjord
Brian O'Driscoll

Postby ChrisUppy » April 17th, 2019, 2:03 pm

I wonder is Leo moving closer to a Director of Rugby job. That's a lot of experience to bring in to the setup for him to be exclusively looking after the scrum
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Postby Ruckedtobits » April 17th, 2019, 3:14 pm

ChrisUppy wrote:I wonder is Leo moving closer to a Director of Rugby job. That's a lot of experience to bring in to the setup for him to be exclusively looking after the scrum

For Scrum Coach read scrum, maul, breakdown and lots more bits and pieces. In McBryde's case it may also include line-out throwing. To have survived alongside Gatland for a decade, this guy will have a lot to offer.
Ruckedtobits
Malcolm O'Kelly

Postby leinsterforever » April 17th, 2019, 11:29 pm

Assuming it's true, I'd say Lancaster played a big role in getting McBryde in. He'd know what he's about from coming up against him all the time in the 6N.
leinsterforever
Enlightened

Postby sunshiner1 » April 18th, 2019, 2:07 am

by FLIP

Plus I have a horrible habit of underestimating the Welsh national team due to their domestic form.

Firstly so much this. I think most of us suffer from this particular problem.

by Ruckedtobits

To have survived alongside Gatland for a decade, this guy will have a lot to offer.

by leinsterforever

Assuming it's true, I'd say Lancaster played a big role in getting McBryde in. He'd know what he's about from coming up against him all the time in the 6N.

Agree with your assessments. Regardless if you like Gatland or not he's a winner and wouldn't have kept this guy about if he wasn't doing the goods.

As for mildy saying this is a step down you could have argue the same thing about Lancaster who was thrown aside after the England world cup debacle and we all know how that worked out.
sunshiner1
Enlightened

Previous

Return to Leinster Addicts